D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That's referring to a license for a normal commercial broadcast station. Like Fox 53 here in Pittsburgh.

Fox News itself is a cable station and does not require a license.
Why local then?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Why local then?
Local broadcast stations are just that...broadcasting.
Putting whatever out over the airwaves where anyone can receive it....that requires a license and regulations.
Cable channels don't broadcast...they have to be sought out.

The Fox 53 station in Pittsburgh is owned by Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Inc.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Putting whatever out over the airwaves where anyone can receive it....that requires a license and regulations.

And then you have Fox35 in Orlando owned by the Fox Television Stations division

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Cable channels broadcast through a cable. While over the air is free, cable service is not, one still needs to have a TV in this case to find the channels.
I think by now most use cable service, or satellite. Or some internet to watch those channels.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I saw that today. I wonder if that will translate into any policy changes at Fox "News"?
Im hearing that his son is even harder right...of course, they have more lawsuits coming that they will lose and have to pay.
Maybe ole Rupert wanted to get out of the house before it burns down totally to the ground.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis