F&ck insurance companies!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Just finished an addition so I know all about building material prices...... Our issues with crime, is the weak justice system in each county in every state letting these dirt bags out on the streets with a slap and a fine only to be arrested in a few days or weeks.
You may have seen the news reports about the guy who drove into/through a Christmas parade, killing six and badly injuring 63 people- he wrote a letter to his mother, saying that he doesn't feel safe in jail. It was his mother's vehicle that he was driving in this and a previous incident where he drove over the mother of his child. If he can prove the claims fine, but I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for him. His mother said he has emotional issues. I guess so.

When the details were made known about why he wasn't in jail for the incident with the child's mother, it turned out that the judge had allowed him to be free on $500 cash bond after originally imposing $5000 bond. He said he had used the state's guidelines for this and has complained that the state legislature hasn't been eager to change the way bail and bond are imposed. He had been released for other incidents and it was always his mother who paid.

This is one of the rare judges-

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

The principle of insurance is the share of risks among the insured group. If you live in a community where there are lots of auto thefts and collisions, you will be charged more than the man who lives in a quiet remote country place with a low casualty and crime rate.
May be true. But if man has a low credit score however... Yup gotta jack you because of that too.

At least two states ban credit scoring based premium pricing.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
To my knowlege, we have never driven on the left side in Canada. In UK they still do. As for rental women, I suggest that you check with OlsSlowDev.
While most of North America has always been driving on the right, the Maritime provinces didn't switch from the left until the 1920's. Newfoundland didn't switch to the right until 1947.

T

thomasleech

Audiophyte
Complete nonsense! It's very hard for me to agree with you. I use insurance not only for the car, and I think it is important. I even insured my musical instruments. Instrument insurance is suitable even for amateurs, because the operation and transportation of musical equipment in a megalopolis involve considerable risks. It is worth noting that when insuring musical instruments, quite high insurance coefficients are usually used. If, when calculating prices on the casco calculator, the average value of the insurance coefficient is 4-10% of the cost of the car, a one-year insurance for a guitar costs an average of 10-15% of the cost of the instrument.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got an interesting one recently. I received letters from my insurance saying there was an accident reported to my account for my son. My son was removed from my account 2 years ago when he insured his current car and the name of the person involved isn't even on my account, which makes no sense. This accident occurred in LA which is 6hrs from where we live. I spoke to the adjuster, we never owned the car involved and don't know the person who's name is shown as the driver (who also died in the accident). They said it was related to the license plate on the car, which I told them has to be a mistake, since we never owned a car like that. My son has custom plates, so again, nothing to do with us. Here we are 5 weeks later and they are still sending letters to me and I am starting to get pissed.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I got an interesting one recently. I received letters from my insurance saying there was an accident reported to my account for my son. My son was removed from my account 2 years ago when he insured his current car and the name of the person involved isn't even on my account, which makes no sense. This accident occurred in LA which is 6hrs from where we live. I spoke to the adjuster, we never owned the car involved and don't know the person who's name is shown as the driver (who also died in the accident). They said it was related to the license plate on the car, which I told them has to be a mistake, since we never owned a car like that. My son has custom plates, so again, nothing to do with us. Here we are 5 weeks later and they are still sending letters to me and I am starting to get pissed.
Maybe you could write to some insurance board in your state or complain to the president of that insurance company. I hope that this would help getting a true investigation started to clarify what's happening. As a last resort, you could hire a lawyer to help you but that would involve expenses. Let us know of any development in this matter.

I suggest that you eventually look for another insurer when your policy is due for renewal. There are so many insurance companies. It's a question of finding a good insurance broker after having looked at serious reviews on insurance companies.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It's more then possible , It's a scam. Just forget about it.
It shows up on my account, it is not a scam. The communications are from my actual company. I told them it is a typo or a false claim, but they haven't grasped this fact yet. I don't want a bad claim going against my insurance rating when it has nothing to do with me.

This is AAA, not exactly a small fly by night place. I have never had any issues with them until now. I switched to them because my last insurer screwed up big time, taking months to settle a straight forward claim.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It shows up on my account, it is not a scam. The communications are from my actual company. I told them it is a typo or a false claim, but they haven't grasped this fact yet. I don't want a bad claim going against my insurance rating when it has nothing to do with me.

This is AAA, not exactly a small fly by night place. I have never had any issues with them until now. I switched to them because my last insurer screwed up big time, taking months to settle a straight forward claim.
Yeah I'd want that stuff off my account. I'd be writing some emails/letters.....makes me wonder if it's a form of identity theft or perhaps some hacked/phony insurance documentation used during the accident inquiry....good luck in getting AAA to take care of that properly.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I looked at it today and it now says processed and closed and paid $0. So they may have not been able to remove it once it was created, but they closed it without taking action since it was invalid.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I looked at it today and it now says processed and closed and paid $0. So they may have not been able to remove it once it was created, but they closed it without taking action since it was invalid.
Still, that's odd and I'd at least get them to tell me what happened and what they plan to do to prevent it from happening again.

highfigh

highfigh

Complete nonsense! It's very hard for me to agree with you. I use insurance not only for the car, and I think it is important. I even insured my musical instruments. Instrument insurance is suitable even for amateurs, because the operation and transportation of musical equipment in a megalopolis involve considerable risks. It is worth noting that when insuring musical instruments, quite high insurance coefficients are usually used. If, when calculating prices on the casco calculator, the average value of the insurance coefficient is 4-10% of the cost of the car, a one-year insurance for a guitar costs an average of 10-15% of the cost of the instrument.
Most of the musicians in MKE who lose their equipment follow the "Go big, or go home" philosophy bu leaving it it a car, truck or van all night because they were too tired(stupid) to take it inside or park somewhere that's safe. Then, they go on social media and complain, with a GoFundMe donation page, when they should have had insurance. One recent theft included some vintage instruments- that's insane!

I can imagine wanting to insure vintage/collectible instruments and amps, but it's not something a person who's on a budget will do, just because the cost over 20 years (if they keep it for that long) will be double. If it frequently leaves the place where it's stored, that's incredibly risky, though. I know someone who was a guitar teacher at a local music store and by the time he stopped collecting, he had more than 300 guitars, basses, banjos, violins and others- many were VERY collectible and his insurance would have been very expensive. As an example, he had at least 6 Gibson ES-175 guitars, all from the 1950s.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
I don't carry any household insurance The only thing I carry is the compulsory third party car insurance , and you can't get car registration without it. It simply covers third party injure in the even of an accident,.
Unfortunately insurance companies are a law unto themselves, and paying out house claims is dependant if the policy holder jumps through the right hoops. A few years ago we had massive bush fires, which totally destroyed hole suburbs, and villages Over three thousand homes where leveled or made unlivable, Years later people are still fighting the insurance companies for payments. And only last year massive floods just about wiped out Lismore, northern New South Wales. The fight with the insurance companies continues, There main argument is was is caused by flood or rain damage.The state government have started a buy-back system where they will buy back the destroyed homes Average cost per properly amount to half a million dollars. Over two thousand homes are affected, plus business in the city center.
See the link below

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/feb/28/lismore-flooding-before-and-after-pictures-show-the-full-scale-of-disaster

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
I just opened the e-mail showing my new premium- it increased 20% over the last period.. Why? Read and watch the news- auto thefts and car chases. I fail to understand why MY liability would increase this much, as well- it's not as if I suddenly started driving like a moron.

This shyte needs to stop- kids stealing cars and crashing is driving the cost for insurance to levels that will not be tolerated, nor should it be tolerated.

If I had numerous claims through the website. I could understand but I don't- this is BS!
Don't check insurance quotes at 2 am... Checked my current insurer's price for insurance, I had an accident this year. Another driver ran into me on a roundabout. Fucking leaching insurer now wants 6k p/a off me in insurance

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I just opened the e-mail showing my new premium- it increased 20% over the last period.. Why? Read and watch the news- auto thefts and car chases. I fail to understand why MY liability would increase this much, as well- it's not as if I suddenly started driving like a moron.

This shyte needs to stop- kids stealing cars and crashing is driving the cost for insurance to levels that will not be tolerated, nor should it be tolerated.

If I had numerous claims. I could understand but I don't- this is BS!
There were 10,477 vehicle thefts in Milwaukee in 2021, up from 4,507 in 2020 — a 132 percent increase. I would bet its a good reason why it went up.

Milwaukee is the 8th worst city in the nation for vehicle thefts

So welcome to insurance hell.

highfigh

highfigh

Don't check insurance quotes at 2 am... Checked my current insurer's price for insurance, I had an accident this year. Another driver ran into me on a roundabout. Fucking leaching insurer now wants 6k p/a off me in insurance
They take any inquiry as if it's a clam and don't bother to contact the insured- such a shady business......

I saw an alert on my Allstate app and opened it- shows that my agent isn't the same one I had before I dropped them for auto- now, the agent is in Mt Pleasant, WI, about 35 miles away. The old agent has an office that's about 5 miles from my house. I'm pretty sure the old agency resigned my account because they don't make as much as they want. Screw 'em. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

highfigh

highfigh

There were 10,477 vehicle thefts in Milwaukee in 2021, up from 4,507 in 2020 — a 132 percent increase. I would bet its a good reason why it went up.

Milwaukee is the 8th worst city in the nation for vehicle thefts

So welcome to insurance hell.
Well aware- it's on the news every damned day. Chases all day, every day. I see cars going double the limit everywhere I go and yesterday, two pulled into the right turn lane at stop lights, where the lane ends and there's no parking lane ahead. True to form, they sped past me as I was in the right traffic lane, so they could veer into the lane I was in. The last one entered a parking lot about 1/3 of a mile past that light- he had gained 100' on me in that distance. I honestly think a lot of these morons are thinking "Car go vroom, vroom!".

Have I mentioned that I want a cow catcher on my van?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Well aware- it's on the news every damned day. Chases all day, every day. I see cars going double the limit everywhere I go and yesterday, two pulled into the right turn lane at stop lights, where the lane ends and there's no parking lane ahead. True to form, they sped past me as I was in the right traffic lane, so they could veer into the lane I was in. The last one entered a parking lot about 1/3 of a mile past that light- he had gained 100' on me in that distance. I honestly think a lot of these morons are thinking "Car go vroom, vroom!".

Have I mentioned that I want a cow catcher on my van?
That should work. Everyone wants to be a race car driver regardless what they drive be it a sports car, luxury car or a jacked up 4x4. They all want to go fast

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis