F&ck insurance companies!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Any business to survive has to make profits. How would insurance companies exist otherwise?
True and agreed, the thing I never could understand is, why with car or truck insurance if you haven't had a policy for awhile then you get one they make you pay a higher initial price. I asked and got this answer, well you haven't had a policy in quite some time. If you have a break in consecutive months of paying you lose discounts. Plus you still pay more even with a not at fault accident. I had two not at fault accidents my liability insurance shot up from 61 a month to over 180 a month.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, that may fall under commercial insurance. Not sure who would insure commercial vehicles.
They don't insure conversion vans, either. The guy at The Hartford told me it's a Wisconsin thing, so I called the office of the WI insurance commissioner and was told that WI has nothing to do with it, it's because The Hartford offers discounted rates to members of AARP and because it's a membership thing, they can exclude vehicles for their own reasons and driving record has nothing to do with it. Lots of companies insure commercial vehicles but I'm not using it for work.

highfigh

highfigh

Or he could do, a statement of non-use online through the DMV where he lives. That way, you don't have to turn in the license plate and the vehicle stays registered to the state he lives in. And only drive when it's very late at night or in the wee hours of the morning. All the cops are at the local 24/7 restaurants drinking coffee, eating donuts.
I need it- I'm not going to walk and can't because of my effed up knee but no, the local cops are far too busy dealing with the morons from Milwaukee, who are extremely busy at night.

highfigh

highfigh

Any business to survive has to make profits. How would insurance companies exist otherwise?
I have no problem with a business making money- what I don't like is them charging for something that probably won't be needed, has deductibles when a claim comes through and ways for them to decline coverage for reasons that weren't necessarily stated clearly, nor were they mentioned by the agent. Also, look at all of the sports arenas, stadiums, event venues and company HQ- it all comes from policyholder premiums, who aren't really benefited by the showy tings the companies pay for. This isn't a discretionary expense and in the case of auto insurance, it's illegal to drive without it and with inflation being as high as it is now, a 20% jump in premiums isn't tolerable. It's worse because the city of MKE (and many others) aren't doing anything to solve the problems that caused the increase in insurance costs and because I don't live in MKE proper, I'm supposed to accept it as 'the new normal" Eff that!

Is this really necessary? I understand the sentiment WRT the pavers beneath it with US military Veterans' names, but Acuity isn't known for low rates and as far as I'm concerned, their customer service sucked.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I need it- I'm not going to walk and can't because of my effed up knee but no, the local cops are far too busy dealing with the morons from Milwaukee, who are extremely busy at night.
I feel you brother same here, but it helps bitching about it in here helps ease the pain some I guess. Just a note, yeah car insurance is a good thing to have especially when or if you have an accident and you're in the wrong.That happened to me back in 2015, I won't go into all the details State farm was my insurance for my car in the end State farm paid out close to 37,000 in that accident that I was responsible for. So yeah having to pay out high rates of insurance per month or per year how ever you guys pay is painful, but it will save someone from something that could be devastating financially from a life time of misery.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Auto, home and medical insurance all are going up. And people bitch about it but our Congress does nothing to slow it down. Its not about making money, its about greed. I asked our insurance company why our home owners went up, he said he didn't know. Our house hasn't changed since it was built in 1996 with the exception of us replacing all of our windows and doors with impact products, my expense not due to any insurance. He said its across the board, I said that's not good enough. He said its due to the storms in the midwest , I said BS, we have never had a claim, ever, and those storms didn't impact us. I asked is it due to the 4 new homes being built at the end of the cul-de-sac, all expensive homes, BINGO, his carrier said yes. As propterty values increase so does the insurance and the cost to replace the home.. The same with car insurance, just goes up each year for no reason, cars paid for etc.. . Medical is just pure greed in my book.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Auto, home and medical insurance all are going up. And people bitch about it but our Congress does nothing to slow it down. Its not about making money, its about greed. I asked our insurance company why our home owners went up, he said he didn't know. Our house hasn't changed since it was built in 1996 with the exception of us replacing all of our windows and doors with impact products, my expense not due to any insurance. He said its across the board, I said that's not good enough. He said its due to the storms in the midwest , I said BS, we have never had a claim, ever, and those storms didn't impact us. I asked is it due to the 4 new homes being built at the end of the cul-de-sac, all expensive homes, BINGO, his carrier said yes. As propterty values increase so does the insurance and the cost to replace the home.. The same with car insurance, just goes up each year for no reason, cars paid for etc.. . Medical is just pure greed in my book.
Funny you mentioned home insurance, my oldest Son's home, back in 2016 had a lot of damage from a storm that passed through so did just about everybody else in has subdivision. New homes starting at 160K to well over 200K, at the time it was about 5 years old.Well long story short, his insurance paid out but it wasn't enough to put the home back to the way it was before the storm hit and the Insurance company went up on his policy. So yeah greedy bastards.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
You lot don't know how lucky you are,
We have three types of car insurance. Personal liability covers the people hurt in an accident. That's compulsory with your car rego $400 a year. Then we have full cover which covers car damage to both cars, or thrift Anything from $400 to $600 depending on the value of the car Then there's third party's car, which only covers your car'.Again this also goes on the value of the car $300 and up. Prices can double or treble, depending on the age and expedience of the driver.

Home insurance covers Fire, flood etc if you qualify, Flood prone areas, are sometimes uninsurable The resent big floods on the east coast, have sent the insurance premiums through the roof. Some premiums going for $10.000 a year and higher. If you can get one.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/feb/28/lismore-flooding-before-and-after-pictures-show-the-full-scale-of-disaster
Now it's started to flood again with water flowing over the levee banks.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
New homes starting at 160K to well over 200K, at the time it was about 5 years old
Nice cheap houses, How would you go buying at a starting price of 800k to well over 1.5 mil. And if you want something in a capital city you can start at 3 mil

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Nice cheap houses, How would you go buying at a starting price of 800k to well over 1.5 mil. And if you want something in a capital city you can start at 3 mil
Oh their home now, valued over 300K. So yeah his insurance f$ck them good! But isn't that second nature with all insurance companies. Doesn't matter the price of the home it's all about the coverage that owning a home comes with. A risk of one day something devastating may happen to it that's when you'll find out yourself just how good your insurance company is or not usually not.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
You lot don't know how lucky you are,
We have three types of car insurance. Personal liability covers the people hurt in an accident. That's compulsory with your car rego $400 a year. Then we have full cover which covers car damage to both cars, or thrift Anything from $400 to $600 depending on the value of the car Then there's third party's car, which only covers your car'.Again this also goes on the value of the car $300 and up. Prices can double or treble, depending on the age and expedience of the driver.

Home insurance covers Fire, flood etc if you qualify, Flood prone areas, are sometimes uninsurable The resent big floods on the east coast, have sent the insurance premiums through the roof. Some premiums going for $10.000 a year and higher. If you can get one.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/feb/28/lismore-flooding-before-and-after-pictures-show-the-full-scale-of-disaster
Now it's started to flood again with water flowing over the levee banks.
Don't know where you live, but I'm 1500 ft from the ocean. We had Matthew surround our home ( no flooding, no water or wind damage for our home) with water and 100's of others, but our insurance never went up because of that. Its gone up due to the prices of the newly built homes, . Home insurance doesn't cover flood, that's the National Flood Insurance Program that partners with a few writers for their policy, but its FEMA which we have to have, living this close to the ocean if you need it down the road. .

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I wouldn't tell as I didn't have access to insurance company's financial reports except for two life insurance companies. I worked for life insurance companies but not in the general insurance business. I am a retired Fellow of the Life Management Institute (LOMA), a worldwide association of life insurance companies.

However, two Canadian life insurance companies went bankrupt in the 1970-80's, but I never worked for either of those.
Speaking of Canada Canadians, don't they drive on the left side of the road? what about the steering wheel being on the right side of the car but driving on the left side of the road what's up with that? That alone gotta to raise our skyrocketing insurance rates here in the US! Lol.. just picking brother. I always wanted to get up to Nova Scotia East Canada where @OldAndSlowDev lives. It's that the best side of Canada? Since I'm picking at ya, you guy's got them legal rent a women's clubs right? How awesome that gotta be! Man I wish it was legal down here in the States.I had to go bailout my favorite rental woman, Red light Rida, again! ;)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Speaking of Canada Canadians, don't they drive on the left side of the road? what about the steering wheel being on the right side of the car but driving on the left side of the road what's up with that? That alone gotta to raise our skyrocketing insurance rates here in the US! Lol.. just picking brother. I always wanted to get up to Nova Scotia East Canada where @OldAndSlowDev lives. It's that the best side of Canada? Since I'm picking at ya, you guy's got them legal rent a women's clubs right? How awesome that gotta be! Man I wish it was legal down here in the States.I had to go bailout my favorite rental woman, Red light Rida, again! ;)
To my knowlege, we have never driven on the left side in Canada. In UK they still do. As for rental women, I suggest that you check with OlsSlowDev.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
To my knowlege, we have never driven on the left side in Canada. In UK they still do. As for rental women, I suggest that you check with OlsSlowDev.
I know bro, just mess with ya..l have a good friend who lives up in Canada Ottawa. Just picking brother.

highfigh

highfigh

I feel you brother same here, but it helps bitching about it in here helps ease the pain some I guess. Just a note, yeah car insurance is a good thing to have especially when or if you have an accident and you're in the wrong.That happened to me back in 2015, I won't go into all the details State farm was my insurance for my car in the end State farm paid out close to 37,000 in that accident that I was responsible for. So yeah having to pay out high rates of insurance per month or per year how ever you guys pay is painful, but it will save someone from something that could be devastating financially from a life time of misery.
I have had claims for a stolen car that was recovered with a lot of parts missing, the one I mentioned in this thread that I drove home within about 45 minuted of arriving home, three car stereos and my toolbox that I used for work. Before I left my parent's house, three biked had been stolen and the fourth was a couple of years later. Even with all of these losses (the first three bikes were on my parent's policy), I'm no where near breaking even which is a good thing because I would be one PO'd dog if I had a lot of crashes and more losses.

It would be interesting to see if/how much the little turds are responsible for- I think the cities should make them pick up trash until MKE is spotless- it's a total disgrace, now.

highfigh

highfigh

If you haven't bought lumber in a long time, you're in for a big shock. In the first year of COVID, plain 2x4 studs were over $14 each, compared to about $2.50 before. I called to get a price for 3/4" marine plywood last week and it's up to $146/sheet. I won't be using marine plywood.

WRT auto, the insane number of car thefts/carjackings, crashes during police chases and generally when cars are stolen all force the cost to increase. Injuries from car crashes and all of the other damage are added, too. This poop needs to stop.

I would like to talk to the next cop I see with a dirtbag in cuffs, so I can have five minutes to 'splain a few things. When I leave, my last comment will be "Tell your friends", although I think they'll get the drift just by seeing their buddy.

Last edited:
mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Don't know where you live, but I'm 1500 ft from the ocean.
I'm located on the east coat of Australia Sydney's around 600 kilometers south, Brisbane's about 500 kilometers north. The oceans about an hours drive away I live in a very small village in the hills, It's peaceful and quite, Rush hours a couple of cars and a school bus. The shops are 150 kilometers round trip away.

On the subject of cars, We all drive on the right hand side, A while ago they discussed changing over to left hand drive, due to the Korean and Japanese car makers, and the large amount of imports, But the idea of a change over was soon forgotten. We no longer have car manufacturing here, with both Ford and Chev, [Holden] closing down.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If you haven't bought lumber in a long time, you're in for a big shock. In the first year of COVID, plain 2x4 studs were over $14 each, compared to about $2.50 before. I called to get a price for 3/4" marine plywood last week and it's up to $146/sheet. I won't be using marine plywood.

WRT auto, the insane number of car thefts/carjackings, crashes during police chases and generally when cars are stolen all force the cost to increase. Injuries from car crashes and all of the other damage are added, too. This poop needs to stop.

I would like to talk to the next cop I see with a dirtbag in cuffs, so I can have five minutes to 'splain a few things. When I leave, my last comment will be "Tell your friends", although I think they'll get the drift just by seeing their buddy.
Just finished an addition so I know all about building material prices...... Our issues with crime, is the weak justice system in each county in every state letting these dirt bags out on the streets with a slap and a fine only to be arrested in a few days or weeks.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm located on the east coat of Australia Sydney's around 600 kilometers south, Brisbane's about 500 kilometers north. The oceans about an hours drive away I live in a very small village in the hills, It's peaceful and quite, Rush hours a couple of cars and a school bus. The shops are 150 kilometers round trip away.

On the subject of cars, We all drive on the right hand side, A while ago they discussed changing over to left hand drive, due to the Korean and Japanese car makers, and the large amount of imports, But the idea of a change over was soon forgotten. We no longer have car manufacturing here, with both Ford and Chev, [Holden] closing down.
I didn't know Chev and Ford were closing down production there. Driving on the left. When I was in GB, for 2 weeks i had one heck of a time getting used to the 'left' and those huge round-da-bouts . LOL made me think, how many countries still drive on the left.
9261.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis