F&ck insurance companies!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I just opened the e-mail showing my new premium- it increased 20% over the last period.. Why? Read and watch the news- auto thefts and car chases. I fail to understand why MY liability would increase this much, as well- it's not as if I suddenly started driving like a moron.

This shyte needs to stop- kids stealing cars and crashing is driving the cost for insurance to levels that will not be tolerated, nor should it be tolerated.

If I had numerous claims. I could understand but I don't- this is BS!

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Well, to be fair, insurance does not have you in their best interests.

They lobbied themselves in a position of requirement and are capitalizing on us.

Indeed, it sucks.

Very best,

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The only way out is shopping around. But, why would other companies be cheaper when they can charge what the market will bear.
We are powerless in essence.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I just opened the e-mail showing my new premium- it increased 20% over the last period.. Why? Read and watch the news- auto thefts and car chases. I fail to understand why MY liability would increase this much, as well- it's not as if I suddenly started driving like a moron.

This shyte needs to stop- kids stealing cars and crashing is driving the cost for insurance to levels that will not be tolerated, nor should it be tolerated.

If I had numerous claims. I could understand but I don't- this is BS!
The principle of insurance is the share of risks among the insured group. If you live in a community where there are lots of auto thefts and collisions, you will be charged more than the man who lives in a quiet remote country place with a low casualty and crime rate.

You however can shop with several insurance companies and you may get a better rate from another insurance provider.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The principle of insurance is the share of risks among the insured group. If you live in a community where there are lots of auto thefts and collisions, you will be charged more than the man who lives in a quiet remote country place with a low casualty and crime rate.

You however can shop with several insurance companies and you may get a better rate from another insurance provider.
I was about to post basically the same. For example, No-Fault car accidents frauds were so widespread for several years in Brooklyn, NYC that it raised car insurance rates for everyone in Brooklyn for years to come.
Like it or not where you live matters as far as the insurance company cares. Move and/or shop around with another insurance company - is all you could do. Trying to haggle with the current company is pointless.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Legally, no. Which is why you must be insured to drive, or you're penalized.

Ethically, yes.

Very best,
Liability insurance is required by law since in case you won't be able to or do not want to afford to pay damages to other cars/people you are responsible for damages. This regulation was likely one of these written in blood and I have no issues with mandating all car drivers to have liability insurance.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If you drive one of the fancy expensive vehicles, these get stolen and shipped overseas to Africa and other countries.

If you verify the statistics for stolen vehicles, you will be surprised with the figures.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Not to mention all the scammers. He where I live there's 60+ lawyer commercials everyday on every channel begging people to call them to sue if you get in a car wreck.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
If you drive one of the fancy expensive vehicles, these get stolen and shipped overseas to Africa and other countries.

If you verify the statistics for stolen vehicles, you will be surprised with the figures.
It's a very huge number! Not to mention insurance fraud from swoop and scoop accidents. They get those shady lawyers who know how to work the system they walk around with a money collar wrapped around their neck, go a few times a week some shady chiropractor that's working with that shady lawyer and they collect a $50,000 check as their cut.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

They don't even change the plates. They showed vehicles in Africa with Ontario plates still on them and their gov't doesn't give a rat's a**.

Part of the problem is weak computer security in cars. They can reprogram a new key within a couple of minutes and drive off without damaging the vehicle at all. Glad my Jeep is not on the popular list.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My rates were actually not bad, but the company itself did a lousy job the one time I had to file a claim. I started shopping around and found a place that gave me a much better rate.

I thought they changed the laws to say that they cannot base your rate on where you live? At least in CA they did that, but all that meant was they raised everyone's rates.

Ironically, I just got a rate refund from my previous company. 3 years after I cancelled my policy, so they must have been audited. Woohoo. Cancelled them AND got to give them the finger 3 years later.

Oh, and I saw this article this morning too: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-03-28/stolen-luxury-cars-san-fernando-valley#:~:text=The California Highway Patrol has,from dealerships in Southern California.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
They don't even change the plates. They showed vehicles in Africa with Ontario plates still on them and their gov't doesn't give a rat's a**.

Part of the problem is weak computer security in cars. They can reprogram a new key within a couple of minutes and drive off without damaging the vehicle at all. Glad my Jeep is not on the popular list.
Those stolen vehicles are more often picked in shopping center parking sites.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A good way of protecting a vehicle is using a tracking protection. I bought a TAG tracking protection for my 2019 Honda Civic EX, when I signed a 54 month lease. In August of next year, the lease will have expired and I intend to buy it as it will most likely be my last vehicle. The purchase option is for C$10,687.60 which I consider as a bargain, because the car is currently valued at over C$17,000.

TAG tracking covers Canada and the US. It is reasonably priced and some car insurance companies will give a premium discount when you have that protection.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A good way of protecting a vehicle is using a tracking protection. I bought a TAG tracking protection for my 2019 Honda Civic EX, when I signed a 54 month lease. In August of next year, the lease will have expired and I intend to buy it as it will most likely be my last vehicle. The purchase option is for C$10,687.60 which I consider as a bargain, because the car is currently valued at over C$17,000.

TAG tracking covers Canada and the US. It is reasonably priced and some car insurance companies will give a premium discount when you have that protection.
My friend has a BMW and he had bought whatever tracking system they offer. His car got stolen in LA and they found it within 45 min, with the perps still inside!!

It wasn't a KIA for sure!
Yep, it was a Lexus.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis