External Amp advice.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, aside from all the very heated arguments, this is another thread where a person believes that an external amp sounds better than the AVR’s internal amp.

Another thread that asks the question, “Do some amps sound BETTER than other amps?”

And if the answer is, “Hells yes, some amps sound better than other amps”, then the next question is, which amps sound better?

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Let's just say that the internals that are in the yamaha powering surround channels isn't on par with the emotiva amp and therein may lie the answer. If that being the case all will be revealed in a few weeks time. Thee end.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah what you said.
Yeah, we figured that out from your description of setup finally. Not from how you described it several times. Your power amp is in use only in 2ch, the avr uses its own amps for the surrounds in a surround mode, duh. Such is usually easy for most to describe and understand, it's just basically an easy assumption until confused with strange descriptions of settings as you did. If you start saying no its different in surround because of a magic switch that avoids the use of the external amp yet still use the main speakers it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Uhh.. yeah what ever makes you sleep better. Your about half right. But as for the other half...WRONG!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Uhh.. yeah what ever makes you sleep better. Your about half right. But as for the other half...WRONG!
LOL I sleep fine. I do get a little disappointed in people who say nonsense like "No its not direct mode. I'm familiar with all that. There is a setting on the yamaha which bypasses the amp so you can use the yamaha as if there isn't anything hooked up to it." and still stand behind it.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
"Everything sounded great in surround modes prior to using the emotiva amp."

Then take the Emotiva amp out and leave it out. Just use the Yamaha AVR. Done.

Now, invite your friends back over and ask them how everything sounds. Bet they say it sounds good. ;)

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Oh I get it. You are an audio engineer expert. My bad man. I should have guessed that with your intellectual expert advice. Well poop man I'm sorry that you get disappointed. You should relax tonight over a nice cup of hot coco and think about how you can get over your self. If you have nothing useful to say pertaining to the original post then do me a favor and shut your fu cking pie hole.
LOL I sleep fine. I do get a little disappointed in people who say nonsense like "No its not direct mode. I'm familiar with all that. There is a setting on the yamaha which bypasses the amp so you can use the yamaha as if there isn't anything hooked up to it." and still stand behind it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh I get it. You are an audio engineer expert. My bad man. I should have guessed that with your intellectual expert advice. Well poop man I'm sorry that you get disappointed. You should relax tonight over a nice cup of hot coco and think about how you can get over your self. If you have nothing useful to say pertaining to the original post then do me a favor and shut your fu cking pie hole.
Dude, you're the stranger here with the wacky post. If you just wanted some hand holding saying oh yes do add more modules or another magic Emotiva amp and you'll be happier not only with 2ch but also any surround mode/upmixer, just say so....the convoluted posting in this thread just is....wacky. I'm not the only one thinking so either.

Having a nice Greyhound cocktail tonight, thanks.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
You were really supposed to be a b j weren't you? Somewhere out there, there’s a tree whose single purpose on earth is to replace the oxygen you waste. Funny i explained my original post to someone else and they got it right away. Hey aren't you the poster child for birth control? Well I would love to insult you all night but I'm afraid I won't do it as well as nature did. Enjoy your hot coco.
Dude, you're the stranger here with the wacky post. If you just wanted some hand holding saying oh yes do add more modules or another magic Emotiva amp and you'll be happier not only with 2ch but also any surround mode/upmixer, just say so....the convoluted posting in this thread just is....wacky. I'm not the only one thinking so either.

Having a nice Greyhound cocktail tonight, thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You still don't make much sense and stumble around even trying to insult people. Communication just isn't your thing...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh I see, my bad. I forgot that people who are absorbed in a particular thing are "all" experts in the field. Well damn, your wasting your time on forums when you should be working with Gene and the other Engineers. I think my explanation was quite clear.
Uh, I don't recall claiming expertise in the field for myself or anyone else. Makes for a nice strawman argument tho...
You were really supposed to be a b j weren't you? Somewhere out there, there’s a tree whose single purpose on earth is to replace the oxygen you waste. Funny i explained my original post to someone else and they got it right away. Hey aren't you the poster child for birth control? Well I would love to insult you all night but I'm afraid I won't do it as well as nature did. Enjoy your hot coco.
Another juvenile reply from a guy who was bragging about his age and maturity. Boy, you sure showed us!

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
You still don't make much sense and stumble around even trying to insult people. Communication just isn't your thing...
What ever makes you feel better. Lol. Some day you'll go far. I just hope you stay there.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Uh, I don't recall claiming expertise in the field for myself or anyone else. Makes for a nice strawman argument tho...

Another juvenile reply from a guy who was bragging about his age and maturity. Boy, you sure showed us!
Bragging? Poor choice of words. The only thing juvenile around here was the moronic snarky remarks that came back after posting a simple question. Stupid comments like I don't think you have your gear wired up right. Or I don't think you know how to calibrate your system dude . I think its just the placebo effect and its all in your head. Well maybe your friends all think their hearing it too.. hey can your wife hear the difference. Well of course the sounds going to be different when you change the surround modes. I could go on and on with the stupid replies. Yeah I have to say that is some real good problem solving advice. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I know how to hook up gear properly. I think you need to reaccess before you judge.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, Six Pages of this?
  • You have had several people who started out sincerely wanting to help you with your issue
  • Several people (who have been very helpful on this site to others) were confused on your description
  • They asked for clarification several times, you just repeated back old posts
  • Then just 2 pages of flaming and other crap.
I didn't fully understand your setup based on your description, if you had just answered the basic questions they were asking politely, I bet they could have been extremely helpful, as they have to many others.

I honestly think this site might not be for you. Is it worth 2 pages of arguing and crap, to keep coming back? I wish you success in resolving your setup issues.

M

Musicman61

Junior Audioholic
Wow, Six Pages of this?
  • You have had several people who started out sincerely wanting to help you with your issue
  • Several people (who have been very helpful on this site to others) were confused on your description
I didn't fully understand your setup based on your description, if you had just answered the basic questions they were asking politely, I bet they could have been extremely helpful, as they have to many others.

I honestly think this site might not be for you. Is it worth 2 pages of arguing and crap, to keep coming back? I wish you success in resolving your setup issues.
Wow, Six Pages of this?

Yes they sincerely started out wanting to help but when they couldn't understand what I was saying then the smart ass remarks started. If someone does not understand someone else's description of something then move on. Leave it to someone else. No need for insulting the person saying they don't have a clue about audio or how to connect a system up, etc. You are correct about one thing and that one thing is wasted time. There is one person on this forum who understands what I've been talking about so I will just converse with him. Problem solved.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The only thing juvenile around here was the moronic snarky remarks that came back after posting a simple question.
I agree. Assuming you mean remarks like these.
You were really supposed to be a b j weren't you?
Hey aren't you the poster child for birth control?
I know how a amp works, bozo. Your talking out your ass cause your mouth knows better.
If anyone has their head up their ass it is you.
That should be an easy fit for your self, being with such a small head and being a big asshole.
If I wanted to hear from an asshole I would have just farted.
Ignorance is bliss and you must be the happiest person on the planet.
Ugg. Unga fuking bunga bunga!
I take it back. You are very mature and an accomplished communicator. My bad!
Bragging? Poor choice of words.
Mkay...
ive been an audio freak long before most of these people posting were even born.
Whatever you say...

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis