Enter to Win: TSBL Bookshelf Speakers Pair from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DravidianKnight

Audiophyte
5.1 setup for most movies for me. I prefer the 2.1 seup for movies recorded in stereo or mono.

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
DVD: 7.1 new(ish) movies, oldies in mono or stereo.
DVD-A and SACD: analog multichannel

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
5.1 for me. 7.1 would be nice but the room does not allow it.

nmp

nmp

Audiophyte
Tsbl

I have been a two channel guy for years. We recently added on a wonderful room to our house that begs for more of a surround sound approach but we haven't gotten there yet (we are still finishing/paying for the work in the kitchen). We have a Sony 42" LCD and I have been using my 1990's Nak receiver as best I can to run everything from the TV to the cable box, WII, XBox, CAL CD and Ipod dock. My wife bought me an Apple TV unit for Xmas so I am trying to figure out how to integrate that. It may the the straw that makes me buy and AV receiver (I need to have something that I can feed two HDMI inputs from the cable box and the Apple and then channel to the TV).

New speakers would be nice.

Epetrone

Epetrone

Audioholic Intern
movies

i use 5.1 mainly, unless the blueray offers 7.1

C

CooLJ92

Audioholic Intern
answer to question

For movies I listen in 5.1, but I am looking to upgrade to 7.1 in the near future. These speakers will definately assist in the upgrade. Thank you.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I listen in Stereo.

My speakers are to ugly, so my wife will only allow 2 of them in the hose at a time.

W

wyllisx1

Junior Audioholic
Mostly 5.1 but ofetn setreo. I like to watch foreign ( to me ) movies & they are often stereo only.

J

jb5200

Audioholic
I started in 5.1 but I am slowly becoming more of a 2.1 man and drool over the day that I can listen in 2.0 but the wallet and fiance will beg to differ!

Stone

Miltcharlie

Miltcharlie

Audioholic Intern
Apartment living has a down side.
God bless Tannoy and PSB.

BuzzKill

BuzzKill

Audiophyte
How Many Channels for Movies?

This is a tricky question to answer. I have 7 channels + 1 LFE subwoofer. The 5 effects channels are driven by a Rotel RMB-1075. My 2 primary, L&R channels have a dedicated B&K Reference 102.5. I did this so I can enjoy everything from 2.0 to 7.1. It all depends upon the entertainment need at hand.

Most of my video content is encoded with 5.1 and my pre-amp will simulate 6.1. So, I would say that 99% of the time I watch movies in 6.1. I can tell you that as soon as I buy a new pre-amp that can process the new, lossless multi-channel formats I'll be using 7.1 for certain.

For audio, it all depends on the situation. For parties, I use a lot of multi-zone and even "7 Channel" stereo mode. If I'm kicking back alone I dial in 2 channel unless I have a high-quality, multi-channel source.

For anyone interested, here is the equipment list:
* 106″ Da-Lite Cinema Contour Screen
* 7 Channels of 14 AWG, in-wall speaker cable (AudioQuest RF, C, and LF…Monster THX for the 4 surrounds)
* Epson ProCinema 810 HD Projector
* Rotel RSP 1066 Surround Sound Processor and Pre-Amp
* Rotel RMB 1075 125 w/c Amplifier
* B&K REFERENCE 125.2 S2 125 w/c Amplifier
* Soundalier THP-CXB ThundraPro 200 w/c Mono Amplifier
* NHT AudioCenter 1
* NHT Super 2’s
* NHT SB2’s
* NHT IW1’s
* NHT SW2si
* Denon 1930-CI DVD Player:
* Sony DVP-S7000 Reference DVD/CD Player
* Microsoft X-Box 360
* Apple Macintosh G4
* Apple Airport Express
* Sony SLV-575UC VHS VTR
* Pioneer LD-V2200 LaserDisc player
* Marantz 2216 Receiver
* Russound IRB-1 connecting block
* Russound IRJ-1 SaphIR extender kit
* Too many AudioQuest and Monster Interconnects to list….

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis