Enter to Win: TSBL Bookshelf Speakers Pair from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
The Speaker Company wants you to win!

The Speaker Company (tSc) is giving away the chance to win one (1) pair of TSBL Bookshelf Speakers to one (1) eligible forum member!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in the thread below.

Contest Question: Do you listen to movies in Stereo, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1?

Note this contest ends on January 31st, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jamie2112

Banned
I listen in 5.1 for now and might go back to stereo....surround really does nothing for me I am a 2 channel guy.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
I play around with the different versions of 7.1 when watching movies.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
5.1 for me as well. I have my room wired for 10.2, so I definitely have some upgrade options if I want them, including 7.1, but I'm not yet there.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I try to listen to movies in the format in which they are on the DVD. Thus, with a 5.1 soundtrack, I listen in 5.1, but with a mono soundtrack, I listen just through the front center. With DPL encoded films, I watch them with DPL. If I encountered a movie that was 2 channel and intended to NOT be decoded as DPL, then I would listen to it as 2 channel. With a 6.1 soundtrack, I listen in 6.1. Basically, I do not want to alter the soundtrack from the original.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Movies are always in 7.1. Music is always 2.0 (except for music blurays!).

Slats

Slats

Junior Audioholic
5.1 and the rest of this is to get to the minimum post length.

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
5.1 for movies, 2.0 for most music although I sometimes use Yamaha's 7ch Stereo setting at a low volume for "background" music when we have company.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
5.1 for me. I really enjoy the surround experience.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Question: Do you listen to movies in Stereo, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1?
Movies in 5.1 (unless it was recorded stereo or mono, then stereo or mono)

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
How do I listen to movies?

I listen in 5.1 (though just barely in the ".1" realm). My subwoofer is really weak. Every time I think I have a few pennies to rub together to buy a subwoofer, something in one of my cars or my house goes. Or something goes goofy with one of my kids.

It sucks being responsible.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Well I have a 7.2 system but it really depends on the movie. If the film is a big action adventure type film I listen in 7.1 if available and 5.1 DDplIIx if not. If it is a comedy or drama I will listen in 5.1 and I will listen to music in 2.1 or dts 5.1.

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
movies

It all depends on how I'm viewing the movie---if its on TV with commercials I am likely to just listen to the sound straight from the TV, but if its a DVD or OnDemand I'm going to listen to 5.1 as loud as my wife and sleeping 2 year old son will allow. My receiver is capable of 6.1 but I don't have an extra speaker and haven't wired my TV room for that just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis