Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

From an aesthetics standpoint alone, how would you prefer you speakers to look?

• In wall and hidden

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Monitors (either wood finish or gloss) on shelving

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Monitors (either wood finish or gloss) on stands in the room

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Floorstanders wood finish

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Floorstanders automotive paint finish

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Rives is giving away three (3) Rives Audio Test CD 2 this month in our dedicated forum contest.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the poll above and explain your answer in this contest thread:

Note this contest ends on December 31st 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nhpm510

Audioholic
Truthfully, I don't care what it looks like (more)

..it ONLY matters how it sounds.

The auto paint jobs give wive's the ability to have it match the decor (and feel included in the process!).

PS- Please send me a CD with pretty cover art!:D

100r1

Junior Audioholic
Wood grain finish gives elegance.

Floor standing makes it look like part of the funiture.

speakers on stands make them look like art.

at the end of the day what really matters is what the floppy pieces of skin on the side of my head thinks is best.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker aesthetics

My wife would prefer small cubes or inwall speakers, but I wouldn't mind floorstanders or monitors on stands. A good pair of bookshelf speakers with real wood veneer are a good compromise.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
In-walls/ceilings are without a doubt the most aesthetically pleasing. Since sound QUALITY actually matters, and I'm on a budget, floorstanding speakers are the way to go in my primary listening/viewing area.

But, I think in my next home, the big speakers will be moved to some sort of dedicated theater, and the family room will get hooked up with good in-wall/ceiling speakers. It just makes a lot of sense to get the speakers off the floor and open the room up some.

Gotta say though - I almost went with 'other' and picked on-wall speakers. Wall mounted speakers maintain a pretty good look and should give more performance than in-wall designs for less money.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I prefer the automotive paint floorstanders. Gives you a huge variety of paint colors to choose from to match any decor.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
I am a sucker for a nice wood grain...something darker like a mahagony. I also prefer the floorstanders, so that was my choice. I wouldn't mind having wood finish monitors on stands though if the situation warrented it.

J

jas ly

Enthusiast
Maybe it is just because I am man, but I love the look electronics, speakers.. I like to call them toys errr tools.

The bigger the better. Wood grain mmmmm traditional speaker design. I'm not just compensating... I also like how they look.

salad 419

salad 419

Audioholic Intern
Obviously sound is the most important factor, but I'm still a sucker for the Floor Standers. When you look at them, you can almost hear them.......ahhhhhh:rolleyes:

B

Bigfishe

Junior Audioholic
Floor Standers,
Any finish
but you can sometimes look at a speaker and say "that would look so much better in _fill in the blank_ So really it depends on the styel of speaker.

I mean no one really wants to see those "Booooze" speakers in piano rose wood finish now do we?

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just like big speakers, monoliths with curved real wood cabnets, polished black, or applewood it does not matter, as high as me or four feet short, just give me towers, towers of auditory bliss!

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
There is nothing more appealing then a nice set of dominate looking floor speakers in a exotic wood finish.

Matt34

Matt34

Floorstanders in a rosewood finish is the new hotness for me.:D

robot

robot

Junior Audioholic
I think it really depends on the speaker... sometimes I like to see a nice wood finish and sometimes a glossy finish looks really nice. For example I think Axiom cabinets look nice glossy. I would have gotten gloss black for my m80s if it wasn't so much more expensive.

One thing I can't stand is trangular speakers. Spherical cabinets are pushing it.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
I love the look of dark woods, and who doesn't love big speakers?

Floorstanders and wood

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
That choice is my wife's. Her first choice is in wall. Her second choice is in wall. Her third choice is in wall.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Floorstanders with wood finish. I prefer the full bodied sound of large speakers and the wood finish blends in with the other furniture in my room.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I say in wall because if aesthetics were my only consideration, I'd prefer to be able to put something else where my speakers are currently located. Sure, speakers can be works of art, and mine don't look bad. However, I'd rather have great sound without giving up floor space if I could.

A

aeneas3

Enthusiast
i think that my wife and I would prefer the wood on shelving. it provides an overall more aesthetic look and is out of the way of other furniture.

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
Floorstanders in wood finish that matches the furniture in the room. I always loved the authentic and rich look of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis