Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

From an aesthetics standpoint alone, how would you prefer you speakers to look?

• In wall and hidden

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Monitors (either wood finish or gloss) on shelving

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Monitors (either wood finish or gloss) on stands in the room

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Floorstanders wood finish

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Floorstanders automotive paint finish

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ndsh

ndsh

Enthusiast
Definitely on stands

Based on appearance alone, I'd have to go with monitors on stands. Personally, they would be wrought iron stands with a birdseye maple cabinet and clear semi gloss finish.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Floorstanders with a wood finish. They need to look as impressive as they sound. There's no WAF in my room.

F

fanleaf

Audiophyte
Hidden speakers

In-wall hidden speakers provide a nice surprise for guests invited into your Home Theatre Room. Harder to set up - place in wall and hide and harder to replace if necessary but nevertheless they ad a touch of "class"
fanleaf

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Rives Audio Test CD 2

Floorstanders with a wood finish. Sound quality is primeary.I'm old school, give me the "down to earth" look,sound and feel of a power yeilding,well made floorstander.

enob

enob

Audioholic Intern
Even though I have always had large speakers from as far back as I can remember connected to my receivers I would like to have one day if I ever hear speakers that can produce the sound that comes out of my stand alones hidden speakers in the wall. This would not only serve me better from an aesthetics standpoint but also add additional room. I may be old school but a good looking set of speakers makes a statement about your stereo system but having the ability to place speakers at any location in a room would enable me to enchance the sound effect i would like to produce in that room.

Thanks

T

TJWillie

Enthusiast
I've got to go with the "kid & wife friendly" option, there for I vote for the In-wall / In-ceiling option.

You can even paint them to match the wall color / ceiling color and make the "disappear"

B

blacksnake

Audiophyte
Reiffen's Choice

I would prefer this option as I believe that "less is more"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers