Enter to Win: Rear Speakers from Axiom Audio

Which is most likely to be your next purchase?

• Amplification

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Video display

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Processor

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Front speakers

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Surround speakers

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Sub-woofer

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • DVD player

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Other source component

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hutzal

Audioholic Intern
I just picked up my receiver and am ready for the front M60s! I am thinking it will be the front speakers first before the projector.

-Hutz

B

BKSinAZ

Enthusiast
Processor

I have been using a Yamaha receiver as my processor for the longest time. I would like my next purchase to replace the Yamaha with a processor that is far better quality. :cool: need to convince the wife that I am dying and the only thing that will make me complete is a processor! :rolleyes:

djayw894

Audiophyte
Just getting started on this home theatre thing. I've got the display, so my old surround system won't cut it any more. I am planning on starting with a new processor, and then buying speakers from there. Of course, if I win the upgrade I'll rearrange the priorities and go with new speakers first...working right now to convince the wife why I need to go with the M80s to take full advantage of winning.

T

tec_41

Audioholic Intern
I voted other because I need a center channel speaker. I want to hear my vocals better :)

H

HTupgrade

Audiophyte
Having purchased the plasma and blu-ray I decided to purchase a center speaker which would fit better in my HT setup. Now, the center speaker sounds so much better than my fronts and surrounds that I feel like someone has unplugged my ears! Probably won't wait until Sept. 30th but, who knows?

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i chose fronts because i need some.. im using axiom m22ti's right now

K

Kruncher

Enthusiast
It's upgrade time

I've been running 4 Paradigm Titans with a CC-170 for 12 years. 4 years ago I added a PDR-8 sub.

The Pro Logic receiver made way for the 5.1 DTS/DD receiver. The VCR made way for the standard DVD player. That DVD player made way for a universal player with DVD-A and SACD abilities. The 27" TV made way for the 50" RPTV.

There's nothing wrong with the Paradigms; they're fine for what they are, and more importantly, for what they were connected to way back when.

But now the other gear merits better speakers and after much research I've decided the Paradigms will make way for Axioms. Now I just need the $. Free speakers will definately accelerate the purchase.

Anyone interested in a nice set of Paradigms? Not a mark on 'em!

G

garence

Audiophyte
Next purchase

Purchased Denon 3805 and Axiom M60's. Now need subwoofer, surrounds, center channel speakers.

C

cyngreen

Enthusiast
I am just starting out with a new system, so I want the video display first.

H

hogfan

Audioholic Intern
next item up-

Next item up for puchase is a MATCHING set of speakers. I've held out as long I can.:(

C

cleansparks

Enthusiast
My next purchase will definitely be a subwoofer. Now I just need to find one that fits the bill. My requirements:

1: be user configurable between 120v and 220v.
2: be fairly small -- probably a 10" subwoofer (most likely sealed, but this is flexible) and in a compact box (a svs pb10 would be too big) -- it can be somewhat heavy as long as it is small
3: preferably be black or rosewood
4: have stereo inputs

P

pmoney

Audiophyte
I voted for front speakers. I just purchased the Yam 2600 as my Denon had it's time and have mirage sat speakers to go with. Time for an upgrade to the speakers.

S

sweetsdream

Audiophyte
Moving

I am finally moving to a new house and I would love to do some major upgrading on my system. I will have a much bigger room for my components and I do love the Axiom's

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
Most likely a video display, though it could just as easily be new front/surround speakers or new subwoofer as my spouse and I are planning on building a new house beginning in the spring of 07.

J

jafo_91

Enthusiast
I voted for surround speakers next. I have a 5.1 and was thinking about adding on two more speakers for a 7.1 system.... Although after reading the review of the axiom speaker set up with the MT-80's front and back left me wanting to upgrade from my current setup...

E-6

Audioholic Intern
Only two pieces of the puzzle missing...
1. PS3 (Will be a while)
2. Surround Speakers (was looking at the QS8's and the QS4's)
*My vote was for surrounds.

T

TDP

Audiophyte
I voted a video display because currently I'm using a 32" TV as my center piece to an eleven speaker HT system. I need a bigger TV!:eek:

Kyle Lorenz

Kyle Lorenz

Junior Audioholic
Video Display for sure. I only got a 27" inch TV...nothing special about it just an ordinary TV. With the sound as good as I want it, a better TV would complete my setup!

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
Ditto. I have a regular 27" with my HT. Pathetic just pathetic. I'll wait for one more year before I buy. Maybe if something unfortunate happens to my 27" tube.:rolleyes:

V

Vart

Audioholic
I picked DVD player. Hopefully there will soon be a clear winner in the HD war and I can be confident the player I get will be supported for at least a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis