Enter to Win: Rear Speakers from Axiom Audio

Which is most likely to be your next purchase?

• Amplification

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Video display

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Processor

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Front speakers

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Surround speakers

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Sub-woofer

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • DVD player

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Other source component

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jottle

Audioholic Intern
I recently upgraded my processor and amp. Now the only thing lacking in my system is my extremely limited 5.1 rears. It's time to upgrade to something substantial!

F

fw3308

Audiophyte
for me it would be fronts as my next major purchase to replace some old Utah/Pyle speakers I inherited from my Dad.

B

bigdwest

Enthusiast
Processor

A processor will be my next purchase.

I have been using a receiver for some time as a processor and I have been mostly happy with my results, but I am looking to move to a dedicated processor before long. I really like the Anthem D2, but will likely wait to see what they with the addition of HDMI 1.3 (see if they will added the support for Dolby TureHD and Dolby Digital Plus.) I am still holding out for Auto speaker setup, room eq/correction but may opt for DEQX's correction technology.

P

ptalar

Junior Audioholic
My next upgrade will be a new LCD video display. I have Axioms M3ti's for my rear surrounds and while they sound great I would prefer to have QS4's or QS8's. I also have Axiom M2i's for my presence speakers since I own a Yamaha HT receiver. I am very happy with my Axioms and any future replacements, be they center speaker, or mains will be Axioms.

Phil

D

daggerNC

Audiophyte
Actually a bit of a tough question for me at the moment. I'm going to be upgrading my small HT front speakers this month, which has gotten me into the auditioning mode which is making me consider replacing my 5-channel system in my main HT to a new 6-channel system. But, I need a new DVD upconverting player and a new HDMI receiver, and if I do that then I need one of the latest HiDef front projectors - waiting to see what Cedia offers for that piece. OK, so I need to win the lottery, or (don't tell my wife) I delay funds into the kids college funds............

daggerNC

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
Shopping for 5.1 speaker system right now. Trying to hold to a budget, but for only a few dollars more..................

P

peakjunkie

Audiophyte
Gotta Get Me Some 1080p Visuals

I know there's no content ready yet, but it's time to let go of the old CRT. Of course, some Axioms all around would complete the picture

Canada North

Canada North

Audioholic Intern
For me Amplification

My problem is that I have left everything for so long "Except the Video Display" that I have to start over from scratch. That means going right back to the amp. Then Speakers... then back around for video... and DVD... I'm still using a two channel amp from 1989:eek: Now it's really time for that bad boy to go!

T

Tod

Audioholic
Fronts. I'm in the process of a complete overhaul of every bit of audio I own. I'll either be going with some new mains for the theater or some bookshelf speakers for the slightly higher end 2 channel computer/music setup.

I

iq513

Audiophyte
Lookin' at Epic 60*500 package

Speakers are the next big purchase for me. I'm still in the building stage and need the speakers to determine the final layout. I can get by with the receiver I have now for a little while (maybe less!) When the budget allows, I'll splurge on a receiver.

mytzen

mytzen

Audioholic
I dont have a subwoofer yet and I know I really need one

V

viscera912

Audiophyte
my reasoning

actually i am currently building a home and want to buy the axiom 80-500 package in 5.1. The house isn't quite at the stage for the audio/visual people to come install everything, once that gets a little closer than I will be purchasing the speakers. Along with it will come the receiver, amp, cables....well ya know the whole deal. that would be pretty cool if by some small chance that I win this deal because then I can incorporate a 7.1 in the room!!!!

jason

R

RudeDog

Enthusiast
I have some old direct speakers that I'm using for surround that work well enough but it is definitely time to move to some multi-pole speakers for that surround effect. QS8s are in my future, someday!

G

greenhill

Audioholic Intern
I Voted DVD player.... meaning Blue-Ray vs HD-DVD..... I have a decent 5.1 set-up complete with HDTV.... I'm saving the HDMI input on my TV for next generation DVD's.... I'd love to add some surround backs.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Next purchase

is the front speakers. I need to upgrade my bookshelf speakers (Mordaunt)to the floorstanding ones (not sure what brand yet). My current bookshelf will be moved to my main HT setup. I care more about my bedroom setting than my main living room setup since i prefer to spend more time listening to my music while crashing in bed. :eek: .

A

acurtas

Enthusiast
Center channel speaker will be my next purchase. I have gone with a phantom center channel for a while, but now that I have a big screen it's becoming more noticable that the image is not anchored.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Display or...

I'm quite satisfied w/my current speakers, sub, amplification and sources, having upgraded/added these to the mix w/in the past couple of years, so this would only leave a video display and processor/receiver for improvement.

While I chose video display, it actually may be a processor/receiver. While I'm very happy with my Yamaha RX-V2500, I may look in the future to improve my 2 channel listening, so this is a possibility. Other than that, I would at some point like to move from a RPTV (also which I'm pretty happy with at this point) to a projector. With the way the prices of these are coming down and the quality and lifespan of many models are improving, it's a distinct possibility as well.

Unfortunately, all of this hinges on the WAF for spenditures, so I may be laying a bit low on my purchases.... for now... :D -TD

ps
QS8s and M3s were the latest in my rear surround speaker upgrade and I couldn't be happier... ;)

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Video

yep... my old 29" CRT (Tosh) is looking a bit long in the tooth (had it since college... and I've got over 10 years of work experience under my belt now).

I'm really excited by the developments in LCD technology, the 52" Sharps that are being released this october are looking pretty nice now that they are almost at reasonable prices.

But... to be really honest... I'm probably going to shell out for a DVR first... and THEN look at upgrading the tv... so it's still going to be a year (or so).

G

gunspai

Audiophyte
Looking to Buy Axiom 5.1

I dont have a current setup and looking forward to buying my Axiom 5.1 setup. I would love to upgrade to the 7.1 setup.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
I think I just upgraded (auditioning anyway) to Polk RTi8s. I already had the matching center, so surrounds are next. If I win this, I'd certainly consider the Axioms...though I've read by fellow Polkfans that it's fairly lateral...similar sound signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis