Enter to Win: PureLink $549 4x1 HDMI Switching System

bwood

bwood

Enthusiast
i'd like to be all digital, but alot of my sources are still old school, and i only have 1 digital input on my tv

J

jmhm2003

Audiophyte
1. Already all digital. Using a Gefen 4x1 HDMI in to DVI out.
2. I'd still to win the prize!

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Once I purchase a new TV, I will be upgrading all my connections to digital.

Slats

Slats

Junior Audioholic
1) not yet, I only have one HDMI device
2) bookmarked for when the time comes.

S

sancho89

Audiophyte
I probably will be going all digital, but I'm still new and am confused with the current options available.

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
As soon as I replace the Dish box to one with digital outputs, I'll need multiple inputs.

The site was nice and informative.

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
digital upgrade

Not until I get a new TV, then it will be worth upgrading everything to digital.

R

randymoe

Enthusiast
Hdtv And Digital Connectivity

Who Could Say No To These Items, Less Cables?

Gotta Love It.

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
About perfect...

for a mid-level enthusiast. There are the right questions to lead them to the full digital domain without insulting them. For the higher level enthusiast there is no real need as they will already be able to do most of what the site provides. For the luddite there is no hope and the site would make little difference to them; now.

In short good cable beat bad ones every time. Reasonably priced ones are preferred to the rapidly diminishing returns of esoteric cables. Personally I get most of my digital cables from my local computer supplier as the products they use are the same, price competition keeps them reasonable and quality issues are nearly non-existant.

Not to say that if I were to attempt a blind comparison between my 'computer' cables and 'video' cables would I not find a difference.

In short the mid-level enthusiast makes up the bulk of the market so I found the site very useful and easy to use; thank you.

T

truculent

Audiophyte
So many video sources and so few connections on the back of current monitors. You bet I'm looking at switching solutions.

Truculent:)

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Considering going digital? Not just yet

My reasons for not going digital just yet are mostly economic. I don't have a digital ready display or projector, yet... Can't justify getting the big honker display costing mucho dollars. I am concentrating on the audio portion for now. Also, it would be nice for the formats to settle down and to have to choose only one system.
Yeah, right, when pigs fly!!!
Of course winning free stuff always hastens a decision.
Count me in for the contest.

M

magnatest

Audiophyte
I will be buying a Panasonic plasma early next year and would love for the TV to have HDMI. My processor doesn't support HDMI, and I'd prefer to have all video go through the receiver and then have one HDMI cable go to the TV. So, having a switcher would be great.

I didn't see a link, but I did check out the switcher on another site. This looks like just what I'll need! :)

Gregg

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
Absolutely

Pure digital connectivity would be sweet. Sure would be nice to connect the DVD player to one of these. You can NEVER have too many toys. Wait? Is that my wife yelling at me to sell some of my "CRAP?" How dare she call it that!!

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Not planning on upgrading my excellent receiver any time soon, so I will definitely need a switcher when I upgrade my video gear next year.

W

WADDISME

Audiophyte
My components are all HDMI but my receiver is component only. Switching system would be nice!!

E

extreme

Audiophyte
I am almost half way there to being fully digital... now all that i need to do is get a couple more components converted over.... But i also have a need for some more expalsion of the devices that i can use for HDMI. with only one port in on my tv and currently 2 digital devices and another on the way im gonna need something to switch them.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q. Are you considering pure digital connectivity for your AV System in '06?

A. Probably not in 2006 ... I might be more inclined to wait a couple more years until it all settles down.

S

Scooter B

Audiophyte
Q1. Not unless I win one but if I win one I will put it to good use. Right now I need to save up for a HDTV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis