Enter to Win: PureLink $549 4x1 HDMI Switching System

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
PureLink wants you to win a 4x1 HDMI Swiching System!

We’re giving away a 4x1 HDMI Switching System, including remote control and RS-232 port to one (1) randomly selected winner ($549 MSRP) that respond to the question below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the questions below in this forum:

1. Are you considering pure digital connectivity for your AV System in '06?
  2. If so, check out PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit to help you figure it all out. Tell us what you've got, we'll tell you how to hook it up. Come back here and tell us about your experience.

Note this contest ends on December 31st 2005. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Packk01

Audioholic Intern
Digital connectivity

Even with the problems with HDCP compliance I am very much considering full digital connection for my system. It would really make the whole set up much less cluttered.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
vbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

less cables the better in my book. i am considering it.;)

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
1. Building new home with dedicated HT room - All digital definitely a consideration.
2. This link took me to another company, but I got to the right site through Dtrovision link.

Fixed: Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
N

ninoe99

Audiophyte
Are you considering pure digital connectivity for your AV System in '06?

1. Yes, I am. I will have 2 DVI and a single HDMI source that will run through a front projector with a DVI port. Xbox 360 to be added to the mix as well. My ultimate goal is to simplify my Home Theater system with as few cables as possible with the purest signals reaching the video output display.
2. Filled out the Dtrovision audit and will consider this unit in my decision to purchase an HDMI/DVI switcher. Looks to be a good, solid product.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I am seriously contemplating purchasing an HDTV early next year, possibly in February. And I would like for the TV to have HDMI. Problem is, my receiver doesn't support HDMI, and I'd prefer to have all video (as well as audio of course) go through the receiver and then have one HDMI cable go to the TV. So having a switcher would be mega helpful. Er . . . anyway, the answer is YES, I am considering pure digital connectivity for my AV System in '06.

Clicking on the link, however, didn't really help me figure anything out, but clicking on the banner did. I don't have much experience with switchers, but it certainly looks like it fits my bill.

cheers,
supervij

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
my ultimate goal is total digital connectivity. I already use primarily sp/dif for auido, and what HDMI i have available, but i need a HDMI switcher to enable attaching more than 1 thing at a time :rolleyes: I can't wait for high def audio to finally settle into HDMI or other digital connections and trickle down from the super expensive stuff

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
1. Once I get my system up and running, I'll run as much digital as possible...and as budgetary convienent.

2. The link didn't take me to where it should have, so I clicked on the Dtrovision link and that one worked. I'll take what they told me under advisement.

B

Bobby2x

Junior Audioholic
Going Digital? You got that right!
I have always hated having a maze of wires to deal with.
I just went to HDMI on my Cable box and then was looking for a better DVD player.
The BUMMER!!! only one HDMI input on the TV!!!!!
So have held off on that since my budget is tight with a disabled child, and I cant afford the DVD and Switcher.
And I hear PS3 might have HDMI.... so that would be 3 sources!
i'm no expert but I'm sure switching the actual cable each time I want to watch a DVD or play a game would be Not-Good for the TV's HDMI input connection terminal!
YEP - Going digital !!!!

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I'd love to go digital ASAP as well.
Being a computer geek, I am used to mazes of wires.
But, with a 16mo old, and a non-understanding wife...less wires is better.

So, I will be getting a HDMI supported video projector, PS3, building a new computer, new DVD player, and finally digital cable all this spring. 4 devices that will all support HDMI.

The only digital thing I am shying away from is digital amps. Maybe in 1-2 more generations.

Reorx

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Yes

I am definitely considering full digital. Thanks for the chance to win.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
thinking about making the switch in 06, but its not the first thing on the list.

mlbillow

mlbillow

Audioholic Intern
It is on the list of wants but not very high on the list at this time. I would really like to clean up the cable mess and this would help. But there are plenty of other things that are a little higher on the list right now.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
1. Plan on utilizing HDMI from DVD to Front projector in 2006. Not sure if I will have additional digital connections that require a switch.
2. Your free audit looks like a great service.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Not in 2006, but eventually.

I've gone digital in most many places:
DVD-> Receiver
CD-> Receiver
Receiver -> MD
TV -> Receiver

One place i can't go digital:
MD-> Receiver

2006 Digital Connections:
PS3->Receiver
PS3 -> TV?

My DVD player doesn't have a digital video out, so i'm stuck with that til i upgrade. Won't do that until Blu-Ray.

B

Brian Hillier

Audiophyte
Are you considering pure digital connectivity for your AV System in '06?

Yes definately

If so, check out PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit to help you figure it all out. Tell us what you've got, we'll tell you how to hook it up. Come back here and tell us about your experience.

Seemed ok, but it would be easier to enter the info with product lists

M

Mark512

Audioholic Intern
I'd like to change over as many components as possible to digital. Just recently purchased Panasonic Plasma and am in process of doing some upgrades to tie in the home theatre experience.

runninkyle17

runninkyle17

Audioholic
I am definately looking into it. Probably not in 2006, but when I get enough money to upgrade my receiver I will definately go the digital route.

M

MikeEckhardt

Audioholic Intern
1. Are you considering pure digital connectivity for your AV System in '06?

Right now I have pure digital with my dvd to my receiver. I am waiting for prices to fall and would like to get a Plasma in '06. Digital is a must as far as connectivity.

2. If so, check out PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit to help you figure it all out. Tell us what you've got, we'll tell you how to hook it up. Come back here and tell us about your experience.

Looks to be a nice service!

Thanks

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
Not just yet. I just purchased my home theater system in spring of 2004. HDMI was not available at that time (in my price range on receivers and TVs). My TV only supports DVI. If HDMI is going to stay then I will eventually be switching all my components (receiver, dvd player, cd player?, tv) over to newer components with HMDI. It's just too new. Anyone that is starting out now and can afford it should definitely think about HDMI. I did not have that option 1.5 years ago.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis