Enter to Win: PureLink $299 HDMI Switcher with Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sk60

Enthusiast
Did you know that HDMI is the first lossless, uncompressed reproduction format in AV history? No I did not

How many HDMI sources do you have in your system now? Two, I believe

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
Answers, I have answers

1. Did you know that HDMI is the first lossless, uncompressed reproduction format in AV history?

Yes I am aware that HDMI shows great promise, a few bugs to work out but all in all a really good way to communicate digitally between source and output device.

2. How many HDMI sources do you have in your system now?

Currently I have a DVD player with HDMI out and no other componets, yet!

R

ryan1706

Audiophyte
1. no, i thought it would be though.

2. I have one, cable

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
1.I didn't know that HDMI was lossless and uncompressed.

2.I don't have any HDMI components currently.My Receiver only supports component. I am waiting for all the bugs to get worked out and the price to come down.

J

jas ly

Enthusiast
1 no

2 none, but next dvd (by summer) and ps3 when it comes out (i think it will have hdmi)

B

BOSS10L

Enthusiast
1 - Yes I did.

2 - No components just yet, but both of my displays use HDMI, and I should be getting a few HDMI things in the very near future.

K

kkrambo

Enthusiast
1) No, I did not know that.
2) I have 1 HDMI source, a cable TV digital settop box.

I plan to get a PS3 as soon as they're available. My projector has an HDMI input. But my receiver does not switch HDMI.

B

broberts

Enthusiast
1. Nope. I share the sentiment of some others that this statement is a fallacy however. The video bandwidth for HDMI is the same as DVI and the audio portion is no less compressed than digital coax or TOSLINK S/PDIF optical. And technically speaking, HDMI is not a "reproduction" format. It is a signal transmission protocol.

2. Not yet, but DVI gets my vote for now because of its proven reliability and compatibility. I'm happy to run a separate audio cable if I know it will work every time. HDMI still has a long way to go.

M

maxcooper

Audiophyte
1. I like it because it is lossless, but I understand that DVI and coax or optical digital audio are also lossless.

2. I have two sources (DVD player + Directv HD-DVR)... and only one input on my TV. Please pick me! :)

-Max

millerbrad

millerbrad

Enthusiast
1) No, I didn't know that.

2) Right now, I own zero HDMI devices. However, I plan to buy an HTPC with HDMI when Windows Vista comes out, and am currently building a house which I'll buy a Denon 3806 for.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
HDMI,ah yes!

I was not aware of the loss-less fact,however it is great to see HDMI finialy making it's way in to the mainstream,(slowly),as far as A/V Receivers ,act. I do intend to purchase a DVD player soon with HDMI.I'm in the process of aquiring a HDTV-LCD with HDMI.Your product would be a great help!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:
(1) Did you know that HDMI is the first lossless, uncompressed reproduction format in AV history?

No...Great another thing on the list!:rolleyes:

(2) How many HDMI sources do you have in your system now?

Zero.:(

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I actually didn't know it was uncompressed.
I currently have no hdmi devices but use a dvi to hdmi cable from my dvd player to my projector.

A

AcuVox

Audiophyte
1) I assume this statement is because of the inevitable losses of analog. There have been many uncompressed analog transfer formats from NTSC to component. I did not know that DVI was compressed. If ATSC is compressed, then what currently available source provides the uncompressed signal for transfer over HDMI? Not satellite, cable or discs. Is the lossless uncompressed video for setups with multiple broadcast grade digital cameras? Or are we getting ready for Blu-Ray, now postponed to the end of June?

2) None. I use a DVI to HDMI converter to drive the digital input on my KV30HS420. I would never listen to audio passing through a television circuit, and I have yet to hear or see imperceptible copy protection - so lossless uncompressed video is the sole justification for HDMI to offset its other "features".

J

jzac

Audioholic
1. Yes, I did know that....
2. I have 2 HDMI sources now (Denon DVD player & LG Hi-Def receiver)

Oh Please... please.... please....pick me... pick me up! ;)

Last edited:
Stone__Man

Stone__Man

Audioholic Intern
1. No I did not know that.

2. I have one coming in the mail , and 3 planned in the not so distant future, to go with my recent 1080i RPTV purchase.

Z

Ziptree

Audiophyte
HDMI Switcher

1. I did not know that
2. I do not have any.

E

eaatienza

Audiophyte
hdmi switcher

1. No i didn't know that
2. I have three, Pioneer elite (PRO-1130HD), Yamaha RX-V1600, and my dvd player Panasonic S97. My cable box has a DVI-D port but I'm unable to use it to go through my receiver via DVI-D to HDMI. I just can't get a picture. So I use component cables. However, I was told that if i got a switcher, I would be able to use my DVI-D to Hdmi switcher to hdmi receiver to hdmi tv.

B

Berty52

Audioholic Intern
1. No, I did not know that
2. I don't have any but soon there will be some upgrade in our audio-video room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis