Enter to Win: Multi-function Converter from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

c_h_shin

Enthusiast
Favorite last year: Martin Logan Ascent speakers
Planned this year: Martin Logan center and maybe a HD-DVD player

While we're at it,
2008: 1080p front projector to replace existing Panny projector
2009: Go from 5 to 7 channel amp and finally implement 7.1 (I guess I need 2 more inwalls too for the sides)
2010: New pre/pro that supports Dolby HD (assuming that it becomes prevalent)
2011: Whole house / AV automation via voice that understands plain english that can operate while music is playing and without me holding a mic.
2012: Is it time to upgrade speakers and start the whole process over again?

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
My puchases last year were very limited. The only great things I purchased for myself were actually some Impact Acoustics Meteora terminated speaker cables to replace my old unterminated AudioQuest cables that were unreliable connectors.

This year, I'm planning to get a new receiver with HDMI 1.3, as soon as there are a few to choose from. I may also purcahse a smalish (10"?) sub. I'll also be "getting" a (likely) fairly loud new baby around July, if taht counts. :)

C

chicago25624

Audioholic Intern
Answers

1. My new Panasonic Projector

2. Looking for a new Pre/Pro. Not sure where I am going just yet

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions: What was your favorite A/V purchase last year?
Northcreek Kitty Kat speaker kit. The best sounding speakers that I own.

What are you planning to purchase this year and when?
Maybe a video scalar or I may replace my amp. Timing TBD, depends on funds.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
What was your favorite A/V purchase last year?

AV Receiver: Denon AVR-3806 (technically not last year, December 2005...).
Next: amplifiers, I love well designed, clean & powerful amplifiers. I bought 4 or 5 last year. I'm out of room in my 2 AV racks, they're over half full of amps! It's now become that I buy amps when I find the any of the ones I like at good prices and just save them for future use/future systems. I have more power amps now than I have speakers to connect to them all, but that just means I need more speakers... see how that works.... :D

What are you planning to purchase this year and when?

I just purchased a large order of interconnects/cables, so next might be another rack to hold more components. I might get another power line conditioner too, so I can take the power outlet strip out from my currently over tapped power line conditioner! I won't pursue any of the above until late summer or fall, too busy now and too many other bills.

What I am currently looking for is a HDTV external tuner; I will buy one when I find one that is a good deal and has the features I want. Too bad there are not too many to choose from anymore. I'm looking both @ the new & used markets here.

Next, I'd love to buy a HD-DVD/Blu-ray player, but will wait a little longer like so many others... I hope dual format players become more common and cheaper soon!!!

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
Favorite purchase??? Tough to nail down! I bought a lot of stuff this year! LOL!

Favorite purchase was probably my SVS 25-31PCi....get a big :D everytime the couch shakes!

As far as next year.....I'm thinking about upgrading from my H/K AVR 330 to something with a little more horsepower.

O

Ohmen

Audioholic
My favorite A/V purchase was a Pioneer PRO-1140HD plasma tv.
I plan on purchasing a HD-DVD or Blue Ray DVD player towards the end of the year.

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a MULTI-FUNCTION CONVERTER with TUNER and PICTURE-IN-PICTURE valued at $119.99 to three (3) eligible forum members. For more information, visit http://www.impactacoustics.com/product.asp?cat_id=1002&sku=40384.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: What was your favorite A/V purchase last year? What are you planning to purchase this year and when?

Note this contest ends on March 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
Ill have to say , All i bought was a Toshiba tv for my AV room . Would like to upgrade my old 4 channel sony N220 to something used like a Carver Av505 or something close to that . Could us this unit , i would use it for my girlfreinds TV that has a tuner burned out and using a HiFi VCR tuner right now .

Last edited by a moderator:
P

project86

Audioholic
1) Last year it would have to be the GR-Research upgrade kit for my cheapo Insignia speakers. It was a fun project and turned these good-for-the-price speakers into good speakers, period.

2) This year, budget permitting, I hope to upgrade my CRT to a large flat panel and some type of better source... this upgrade will be during Christmas.

S

Shortsord

Audioholic Intern
My favourite purchase? Without a doubt, my Sennheiser hd650's. Aside from being a wonderful, clear sounding set, they are as comfortable as I could ever want. I use them as my primary channel for music, for now, and am satisfied beyond belief for what I payed.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Favorite purchase is my vizio 42 inch plasma

next inline is a 5.1 set up from av123 x-ls/x-cs still undecided on the receiver.

M

Monkeypimp

Enthusiast
1) best purchase - Squeezebox V3 - I feel like radio dj.
2) Next purchase - Tough one but I think it will be a set of the Av123 X-MTM speakers as soon as they are available.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
What was your favorite A/V purchase last year? What are you planning to purchase this year and when?
This past year, my favorite purchase was my Totem Rainmakers.

The only thing I currently plan to purchase this year is some room treatments and that will probably happen towards the end of the summer after I move.

J

jayronna

Audiophyte
1)Favorite purchase-Panasonic DVD recorder
2)Next Purchase- HDMI capable DVD player

Senior Audioholic
Contest Questions: What was your favorite A/V purchase last year? What are you planning to purchase this year and when?

I don't think I purchaced anything A/V wise last year, unless DVD's count.

I mught buy a Slingbox this year, don't know when or why really...

expose11

expose11

Enthusiast
My favorite purchase was the Yamaha RXV2600 and Axiom speakers.
I am hoping to purchase a 42"LCD for the office later this year.

M

mdarlon

Audiophyte
My favorite purchase last year was a Samsung HLS 6188 display - I had researched this for about 6 months.

This year it will be an upconverting DVD player.

A

aznshadoboy77

Audiophyte
1: AV123 Rocket Series stuff (rs150+rsc100)
2: AV123 rocket series sub

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Q1. My favorite audio/video purchase last year would have to be my 40" Sony LCD tv. The picture will blow you away especially when viewing an HD-DVD on my Toshiba A-1. Also worth mentioning are my Infinity Primus speakers-that is, the Primus offers a lot of bang for the buck and as such I am very satisfied. So far in 2007, I just purchased an SVS PB10-NSD powered sub and am very impressed with it as well. Q2. As far as any other plans for an "upgrade" may include, but not limited to, as follows:
1. Digital Camera-nothing fancy just one that gets the job done.
2. A dvd recorder.
3. Better cables, wires, and etc. including better surge protection.
4. A new wife-no wait that is for another forum.:D :D :D ...LOL!

Hopefully, these upgrades will suffice. But as always, I never get by that cheap.:eek: :eek:

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
1. What was your favorite A/V purchase last year?
2. What are you planning to purchase this year and when?

1.My PLV-Z5 projector - WOW, nothing beats a HUGE, clear picture!!!

2. An OTA receiver (or maybe I could win one....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis