Enter to Win: Meteora Speaker Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DrPainMD

Audioholic Intern
NO, I dont want to drill holes in someone elses appt. When I get my own house maybe then. Not about to spend money on something thats going to be in a wall. I'm cheap.:D

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Currently no, however future plans include a TV in our downstairs living area (TV currently upstairs) and I hope to have the receiver upstairs do some video/audio switching from the replayTV to the TV downstairs...in-wall interconnects would be involved in that.

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
Yes, I do.
Both.
Challenges:Appearance where the cables leave the wall.
Concerns: size of the holes need for some cable ends. Will the wall still stand when I'm done? Spiders in the crawl space.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
No...cuz I live in a townhouse...when I move into a house, i plan on running everything in-wall

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
No, At this point I don't have the budget (hire a contractor) or time (DIY) to do in-wall runs.

I currently have 15 meters of DVI-D, Optical, Cat-5 and Coax (x2) running between my AV system and my PC/HTPC

F

flip22

Audioholic Intern
Enter to Win: Meteora Speaker Interconnects from Impact Acoustics Reply to Thread

Q: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If yes, are they digital or analog?
A: No, I live in an apt now.

Q: If not, why?
A: I'm not willing to invest that much work into a place I don't own.

Q: What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?
A: Eventually, just the fishing of wires/cables around... it sounds like it could be difficult, depending on the walls/ceilings. Also, I hope that it won't be something that I would need to repeat ever again, if possible. However, it is something I want when I own a house.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
I run speaker wires for my four surround speakers (two side and two rear) up the front wall and to the back of the room through the ceiling. Fortunately, the wire was run while the house was being built. I made sure the speaker wires cross wires carrying power at right angles. If I hadn't had the wires run when the house was being built, it would have been much more challenging.

B

Bobby2x

Junior Audioholic
Yes I do have some through wall installation, aalthough simple, I have my LDC running off od a DVIGear cable that runs through the wall to have it wall mounted!
And I love it!

S

Superman

Audiophyte
no, I don't need to since all of my components are right next to eachother. doesn't seem to make much sense to go into the wall and then right back out to the same destination, so for me, at this time, no.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q. Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?

A. No, all of my current components are close enough that in-wall interconnects aren't needed.

D

Darins10

Enthusiast
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? No, but in the near future I would like to.If not, why? Time. If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install? Hopefully none, but we will find out shortly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I am not sure (or rather not up to answering the question)
As I have entered tons of these contests (just about every one up till now), and have never won.

Where my friend majorloser (whom I brought to AH, has won at least 5-6 times)
And I started entering way before him.
(I am wondering if it (the contests) are rigged, or that the random drawing looks for particular names)

And usually I give IMO what are great replies. Even the one that wanted help with their website - I gave honest opinions.
However - I am done with that...

But so I can say I at least now will try 50%. I have at least entered the thread...

N

NeonBeyond

Audiophyte
Cables

Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? Being a tech nut its digital all the way. Yes, I will be running cables through walls and ceiling. I have an 11’ by 24’ space I am converting into a home theater. I am putting the walls in now as its still mostly studs and am still working on the layouts. I want to be a little unconventional and theme my room in a star trek / star wars style with all of the components other than the projector housed in a center of the room console with computer and three LCD screens. Therefore, to get everything to this consol I will be running cable through he walls, ceiling, and floor.

What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install? I am not a carpenter so as I work this room its trial and error. I worry about cable length, how long of a cable can I have before the signal degrades what kind of shielding I should look for, as my cables will be running close to some of the outlet power lines. I had all new wiring installed and used shielded wires but not sure, if they will still interfere with my digital cables. How close is to close? As well, I plan to use a good amount of EL-wire in the room and it does put out interference so again, shielding is my main concern with cables. Also not related to cables, but having all the equipment all together like this and enclosed, I will need a really good cooling/venting system.

C

conseit68

Enthusiast
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? Yes, due to my current installation and prefectionism to a "clean install", I have run both DVI cables and custom analog interconnects through both the walls and ceilings.

If not, why? N/A

If yes, are they digital or analog? I ran everything including Cat5, fiber optic, DVI, RG6 Quad, and Belden 1505A

What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?Being that my design required my source units to be approx. 30' away from my screen and front surround, I had many obstacles to overcome. I started by tring to "fish" the wires through the walls, but realized quickly that the material footage increase would not make it worth the difficulty. So, I tracked down the electrical wiring going to the convinence outlets troughtout the room to find out if the feeds were coming from the top or bottom to make sure that no wires would cross to cause possible interference. Once realized that my electrical feeds started at 18" one center and went up the walls, I pulled out the handy drywall saw and cut ALL of the drywall off from grade up to 14" completely around the perimeter to give me complete access. I then went though a drilled 6-1" holes though every stud and began to run my cabling. I must say that things went pretty smooth after that, but I chalk that up to proper planning and layout. One last item i did was, once all wiring was ran I placed steel kick plates along the "wiring channel" for protection from future nails or screws. Thanks for your time and good luck to all...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?
Nope. I live in an apartment. When I build my house, I will be doing full in-wall cabling, with faceplates.

S

squire.10@osu.e

Audioholic Intern
No, I don't because I'm a renter, not an owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis