Enter to Win: Meteora Speaker Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away Meteora Speaker Interconnects valued at over $190 (You can choose three from any of the following lengths: 6ft, 12ft, and 25ft) to two (2) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
bupton

bupton

Junior Audioholic
Giving it a go!

Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? No, I don't. If not, why? Well, my walls are made of stone and it would be incredibly difficult to actually drill through in enough spots to actually install any of the systems into these walls. If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install? Well, the stone walls that I mentioned above. That at the fact that the house I live in is SERIOUSLY old and it would alter the historical significance of the address... Thanks for your time. ;)

M

maxcooper

Audiophyte
No. But I would really like to be able to "federate" my sources (and amps?) into one system, so that I could listen to/watch any source I have in any room. That would require some in-wall cable runs. It would be great to do as much of it as possible over Ethernet (preferably wireless). But HD video would have to be transported via cable.

-Max

B

BobBart

Audioholic
Yes I run a dvi cable for my projector in wall and also a component cable in the wall. It was difficult because I now have two round holes in the wall that are fortunately covered by furniture.

T

TonyWright

Audiophyte
The only place I run interconnects in wall is in my home theater room and they are all for video from my video sources to my projector. I have the areas on the walls where the cables exit configured in a way that allows me to not use connector plates. This way I don;t have to break up the signal path by going through extra connectors.

Since it is such a long distance from source to projector, I probably would have used connector plates if absolutely necessary, but in this case I was able to build it up so that the plates were not necessary.

D

drdoan

Audiophyte
No, but I would like to when I feel that I have achieved my final setup. Dennis

T

tdubnrae

Enthusiast
Interconnects

I'll run both digital and analog connectors when I complete the house. Planning early while in the framing stage is making things easier to accomplish.

Tony

B

brianjof

Audioholic Intern
Impact acoustics cables contest

Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? - I run hdmi form source to projector up through a wall into the ceiling and to projector.
If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? - digital
What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install? - Luckily the way the basement was finished allowed me to drill a small hole in the wall and run cable up to ceiling and ceiling is panelled to make it easier to access and pull cable. I would be concerned if the ceiling was finihed and unaccessible and that is what is preventing me form running hdmi to tv in living room above.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
House wiring

I plan to run CL2 rated speaker wire in wall from the stereo system to VCs and speakers in four locations of the house for a whole house system. I have not found the need to run in-wall digital connections for a projector, subwoofer, or other components.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?

I do not run any of my interconnects in-wall. I'm simply to lazy to spend the time running wire all throughout the walls, and I wouldn't want to do the drywall work. If I was building a home, I would have everything pre-wired so it all looks nice and neat.

I do not have a dedicated home theater room, my set up is in my family room...for now. If I ever needed to move it, and I had my interconnects in-wall, I would have to run a whole new setup to wherever I ended up moving my system. It is simply easier to have everything out-wall for me.

M

mark4mich

Audioholic Intern
No, I don't run any cables in wall. My room is such that its not necessary

R

RamesesTG

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:

Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?
In my home theater all of my equipment is in a seperate room. When the house was built I had it prewired with both hdmi for the projector as well as various interconnects throughout the house for equipment for the whole house audio/video distribution. So I have both digital and analog cables in-wall. Since the cables were run during construction, there really weren't any problems.

K

KevInCinci

Junior Audioholic
I ran both an HDMI and component video cable in wall (technically in-ceiling) from my receiver to my front projector. I wanted to do just HDMI, but wasn't sure of all the components I would eventually have, so I went with some redundancy. I did that during construction, thus alleviating any of the typical problems. I facilitate the addition of additional cables in the future, I installed a 2" conduit for the existing and future cables and ran a rope from one end to the other to "fish" the cables through. I also ran all my speaker wires in-wall and in-ceiling to wall plates.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
None of my interconnects are in-wall because all of the components are right next to each other on the same rack. The biggest problem with in-wall installation is having to rip-out drywall.

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic
Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog?

The only wire I run in wall are for my rear speakers in a 7.1 set up.

What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?

WAF - Wife concerned about tearing into walls to run wire in an exsisting home. New contruction would not be an issue.

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:

No, I do not run anything in-wall. First reason is that I currently live in an apartment, and the managers generally frown on putting lots of holes in their walls. Second reason is that I am soon to commission into the military, and will therefore be moving around a lot; so I can't get too permanently set up in a single place. Only 2 concerns I'd ever have with doing an in-wall installation is messing up with drilling of holes and if I'd ever change placement of the components. If I were doing a new construction of the room, in-wall would be a definite consideration.

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? NoIf not, why? Walls are brick, interconnects run in built-in channels designed into custom furniture.If yes, are they digital or analog? N/AWhat are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?N/A

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall?
Only interconnects are from my receiver to the projector (through a 2.5 inch conduit). Currently component video, but will be upgrading to HDMI once I have an appropriate video source. All the rest of the in-wall wiring is for speakers and subs.

If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?
Well, I built my HT room from scratch in the unfinished basement, so future proofing was first on my mind. This lead to a LOT of in-wall cabling, but not many interconnects. Also ran cunduit to all 7 speaker locations so worst case is I could run and interconnect through the closest conduit exit point if the need ever arose

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
Yes, I run modified CAT5 cable and a component video cable to the speakers and projector.

I encountered studs but otherwise it was straight forward. No wall plates yet.

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
I do not currently run any cable in the walls, however I will probably need to if I get to a point where I can upgrade to surround sound. I will also be running wire to my center channel in-wall, so as not to have wire hanging in the middle of the wall.

Challenges? Getting the wife to agree to let me cut into the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis