Enter to Win: Meteora Speaker Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
no i do not. firstly its not my house, and secondly its really hard.

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
I run an analog RCA line to my infinite baffle sub in-wall. The main obstacle was routing it around a corner, which I decided not to do. Instead I put a wall recepticle so half the run was in-wall. In-wall generally stinks for convenience of install and flexability in the future. When will we have bullet-proof wireless digital signal transmissions? Each component could just have their unique address and all would work well.

Chris

E

eltorrente

Audiophyte
Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall?
Answer: No.

If not, why?
Answer: I rent and don't want to damage anything. Perhaps someday when I have a dedicated theater room.

If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install? N/A

G

gulmer

Enthusiast
No, I do not need to run any cables in the walls because all of my gear is on and in my A/V rack.

P

Phillip Tran

Enthusiast
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?

answer:

No, I have no in-wall wiring. The difficulty of this project would be routing the wire to the desired location.

Phillip

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall?
Yes

If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog?
Just Analog.

What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?

Cost and practicality since my house is old. When I build a new house sometime in the future, I plan on having both analog & digital inwall connections, but until then, it's just not happening in this house.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
No i do not, because I'm a high school student, and im always moving around. No reason to have a permanent system and put wires in wall.

mytzen

mytzen

Audioholic
Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? Not right now.
If not, why? Im in an apartment so in-wall just isnt realistic at this time but if I owned a house then I would put interconnects in the walls.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
1. No, because I havent got aroud to it yet, but give me a week and i will.
2. Its going to be hard to pay my bro to route the wires for me;) . No but seriously the biggest challange will be the two points will the wires enter and exit the wall. I hate lose wires and I am not sure how i will secure them.

W

Wabbit_Swayer

Junior Audioholic
Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why?

No--I have no need to. The cost/benefit isn't worth it for me, and no one would appreciate it aside from me, considering very few make into my HT area. Besides, I like the look of wiring chaos.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? No

If not, why? Because when I finished my basement, I planned to get a tv stand to accommodate all my components.

What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install? The only way I would use in-wall install is if I was planning to move my electronic components in another room. The hardest part is the setting up the equipment in another room. Installing in-wall cables would not be that difficult.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Question: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?
No, I have a basic living room system and have no need at this time to go in wall.

SBF1

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:

I don't have a need for interconnects between components to be in-wall, but when I had an addition built five years ago, I had in-wall speaker cable run to six different spots in the 17 X 34 family room for 7.1 surround setup. It was a challenge to decide where to terminate the cables, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

A

akline

Audiophyte
Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why? If yes, are they digital or analog? What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?

I have run analog through the wall in existing installations and will be running both in my movie room which is in the frame stage now. running through the wall shortens the length of the cable so if possible that is the way I like to go. It also takes away extra connections which helps too with the signals. With in wall I would normally only do it on new installations unless it was a simple through sheetrock and not having to fish it all over the place.

K

kgb540

Audioholic
NO. I enjoy buying new interconnects too much and need to be able to swap them out easily.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
No,

I'm currently renting the house I live in and do not think the tenant would be too happy of I had the neccessary work done to make that happen. However, we have land and plan to build on it within the next 1 1/2. We will certainly have it wired for surround sound in at least one and probably 2 rooms.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
No I don't run anything thru the walls. I know I'm not going to be here forever and I want the flexibility to change the room configuration

W

weskal

Audiophyte
In Wall Interconnects

Q: Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall? If not, why?
A: Yes, Primarily a Gig ethernet connecting my home theater pc's with my server located in basement. Secondarily I also have run coaxial (Quad) for a analog connection between Server and Whole House Stereo system for playback of mp3 files.
Obstacles encountered were mainly ceiling and floor beam drilling in tight cramped quarters (fishing the quad cable was difficult as well).

S

sjsmithjr

Audioholic Intern
In-Wall Interconects

Q. Do you run any of your digital or analog interconnects between components in-wall?
A. Yes.

Q. Are they digital or analog?
Analog.

Q. What are the potential challenges or obstacles you have encountered or are concerned about encountering during the in-wall install?
A. Verfiying in-wall rating of some generic cables. Verifying installation meets electrical and fire codes; you see a lot that don't. Making sure my flex bit doesn't deflect off of a nail and drill through a shelf in the next room...

jz3569

Audiophyte
no. I plan to run speaker wire for my surrounds. The only foreseeable problem will be snaking the wire up the wall (not to mention I will have to crawl under the house).

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis