Enter to Win: HDMI or DVI Cable from DVIGear

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
A thought on restocking fees.

If the product is defective or you were misled by the seller as to what it can do for you then, no, there should not be a restocking fee.

If there is nothing wrong with the product but you a simply don't want it, for any reason, then I have no problem with a restocking fee. Here's why.

They cannot, or at least should not, sell a returned item as new and someone will have to take a loss simply because a customer changed their mind or ordered incorrectly. Now, if you don't have a problem paying full price for a "used" item, then this argument falls flat on it's face but if you, like many including myself, expect a discount on used items, then it's totally in line with reality.

A

Azizlight

Audiophyte
1. Third after brand name and reputation of e-tailer.
2. 1 year.
3. 5% restocking fee.

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
HDMI or DVI Cable from DVIGear

1). Price & Quality are foremost, depending on the product, warranty is critical for all warranty is important for all electrical componet/products. 30-Day-Warranty warranty through the dealer-site.

2)Cables min. 5 years. Switchers/patching devices should also be at least 3to5 years.
3)Restocking fees shold not be charged. A customer should not be charged for returning items they are not O.K./and/or working properly. The customer should not be charged any fees for returning a product under warranty. The customer should be able to exchange for the same product or store credit.

Last edited:
S

shokunin

Audiophyte
1. I only check warranty depending on the type of gear. Projectors and electronics are more expensive and I'll look into their warranties first. Cables and accessories I rarely look at.

2. Cables, warranty should be 3-5 years minimum. Electronics, 1 year.

3. I personally hate restocking fees, but I understand it's a method to deter the buy, use, return crowd. If it was returned due to a defect, then an exchanged or fixed during the warranty period. A restocking fee should only hold valid for the first 30 days after that then it's warranty repair.

O

off2europe

Audiophyte
1.0 The warrenty policy is a must. When spending a decent amount of money on something that should last, you want the reassurance of a good warrenty.
2. I say a four year warrenty would be the best. Thats about how long I keep my cables before replacing.
3. No, no restocking fee. The company should be consumer objective.

Sandman111

Audiophyte
1. It depends on the product. For a product with a higher frequency of repairs I consider the warranty as a major part of the purchase.

2. IMO, cables either work or don't work, and generally don't wear out. 90 days on a cable is fine, it gives enough time for someone to tuck it away while other parts come in, then test it once the system is ready. The switchers, converters, and other parts take much more daily wear, so they should be warranted against premature failure. 1 year minimum, but 2+ years demonstrates confidence in the product.

3. No matter what, this will always be controversial. As stated in other replies, good customer service trumps many other problems with a manufacturer/retailer. That said, it's not very fair for the manufacturer to eat the losses that result from this. I feel that it's up to the business to determine which side of the fence they'll fall on. This type of policy is something I maytake a look at when making a purchase, but it wouldn't carry any significant weight in my decision. It would be more of a tie breaker than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis