Enter to Win: HDMI Cable from DVIGear

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
1 very important. Although I don't order expecting to return, I don't order if I think it will be difficult to return if I need to!

2 30 days

3 I save all packing if I think I may need to return, but the definition of "immediately saleable" vague. If an item is returned with the original packaging and all pieces included, that should be enough to avoid any restocking fee.

M

moe32274

Audiophyte
<<When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?>>
An online retailer's return policy is very important. I always look for 100% lifetime guarantee - no questions asked.

<<What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?>>
Optimum is 100% lifetime quarantee and I expect the best from DVIGear. Anything less is, frankly, a cop out.

<<What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?>>
10% max.

T

Topher

Junior Audioholic
1. For cables, I don't really think too much about return policy, since there are no moving parts.
2. I think 45 days after the order is shipped is a fair return window. That gives time for the item to arrive.
3. I think a 10-15% restocking fee is fair if the item returns with the packaging sliced open etc.

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
"When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?"

Very much. The return policy must be fair and easy to accomplish.

"What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?"

Thirty (30) days after delivery.

What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition

Only the cost of the packaging. 1% to 5% depending on the cost of the product.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
1. When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies? It depends on the price of the purchase. If it's under $15, I don't consider it much. Once it starts getting above $100, it certainly becomes a factor.

2. What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear? 30 days

3. What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition? 5-10%

majorloser

majorloser

1 When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?
I consider the return policy for on-line companies more important than B&M stores. Right off the bat the cost of return shipping is added.

2 What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?
30 days upon receipt of the COMPLETE order. I hate when you get partial shipments but can't try the whole thing out until the backorder arrives.

3 What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?
15% for opened packages. Nothing for unopened new mechandise (as long as it's not custom order). Return shipping is the customers expense.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I always consider first what I am ordering. If it is something cheap or something that is less likely to be returned, then I don't consider it at all. If I want to test gear out, then it may be the number one thing that matters (think Axiom or Aperion speakers). For cabling? I think it should be there just in case. They tend not to break or be damaged, so I don't consider it to be overly costly to companies that set it up properly. Nothing custom, nothing lost.

For a time frame - at least 30 days. No less. Some things are bought as gifts, and cabling has to be added to a system which may take several weeks to be installed. Buy it a week ahead of time, then put the system together, then actually use the cable... well, that may be 30 days right there. As long as they contact for an RMA within 30 days then things are good I suppose. 45 days would be better.

Restocking fee? I would say it depends on how much of a loss you can take on the component for it being 'open box'. As new items should require the customer to pay return shipping and only receive credit for what they purchased, less shipping. Open box, that aren't 'as new'... well, 10% would be a minimum I expect. 20 to 25 percent isn't even unrealistic in my opinion. You are taking the loss and dealing with that headache. I know when I don't use a cable, it stays in the box, brand new. So, just letting the customer know up front is the key.

T

Tom Good

Audiophyte
1. Return policy is at least as important buying online vs. local retailer.
2. 30 days
3. 0 restocking fee. My local retailer doesn't charge one, why should I pay one on-line?

runninkyle17

runninkyle17

Audioholic
1 When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?
I think the return policy is important when dealing with online companies because it seems that online retailers make more mistakes compared to other retailers. So a good return policy is a safeguard.

2 What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?
30 days is resonable

3 What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?
If the package is actually what the customer order and is in perfect working condition, then a 10% restocking fee is resonable. However, if the package is not what was ordered or DOA, there should not be any restocking fee and the shipping should be picked up by the online retailer.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
1-When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

Quite a bit, it really can be a determining factor if I will shop at (insert on-line store), on a regular basis.

2-What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

14 working days IMO, is very fair. On electronic items, after 2 weeks, obviously if bought from a authorized dealer, then it is time to deal with the manufacture.

3-What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

I really dislike the restocking fee policies, heck I can go to Walmart buy a 800.00 tv and return it the next day (because I did not like it - unhappy customer, however, I would not do it for this just that simple of a reason)(Best Buy is good about this as well)(CompUSA is one of the worst I have dealt with)
Granted with the 'please the customer' attitude I am sure these places are taken advantage of - way to often.

So I guess if it must be charged, I would say make it minimal (3 to 5%)

I have had to return a item(s) to CompUSA, that really did not do what it was intended to do. And I had to make a return, in order to get my money back I would be charged 15% restocking, however, if I just exchange it for another new item (same item), then I could actually do this until I find an item that will work as intended. (IMO, it is costing them more)
I did this with a DVD player, and had to return it 4 times (each one was brand new, until I opened it) (then they said, we will allow you to try another brand, so I did, and it worked fine)

U

up4golf2

Audiophyte
1.The return policy protects me as a buyer. Seeing is always better in hand than on screen.
2.I would say a 14 day window should be fair.
3.A 25% restocking fee would be for a product in a " not returned in immediately saleable condition" state.

A

Ak2002

Audiophyte
When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

It is directly proportional to the price of the item - higher priced items cause me to evaluate return policies

What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

30-45 days - typically keeping in mind that shipping delays both ways can eat up time. Personally I like Costco's return policy although I have never returned a single item to them (but bought quite a few because of their lifetime return warranty on most items)

What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

10% with max cap of 100 bucks (don't think DVIGear will hit the max)

G

gtrr34

Audiophyte
HDMI Cable from DVIGear

The first thing that I do in deciding what Im buying is the return policy, 30 days money back guarantee is what I look for. if Im not totally happy with the product I should be able to return it.
I would also like 30 days for cabling as well.
After the 30 days I believe 10% is a good restocking fee.

B

bruceh

Junior Audioholic
Return Policies

1. Mega-important simply because I want some time to audition the equipment in my system. Technology changes so fast, it's impossible to know if a new piece of equipment is compatible with your existing system unless you actually try it out. I want to know I can return it if it doesn't fit.
2. I think 45 days is realistic - that's enough time to audition the product.
3. 10% as long as the item had not been damaged.

TheLaw

TheLaw

Junior Audioholic
When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

Quite a bit. Especially if it is a site I have never bought from before. I like having the security and comfort of knowing that I can return a product if I don't like it or the quality is not up to my expectations.

What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

30 seems to be the standard and seems quite fair to me. That is plenty of time to test and evaluate and make sure you got what you wanted.

What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

5% of purchase price not to exceed $50. I don't like restocking fees. I understand that there is inconvienence for the seller, but it cant be worth more than $50. Not when the guy actually stocking those shelves is making minimum wage.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic

A easy to follow and use return policy is essential for me to do business with any online retailer.

30-45 days to give some room for delivery problems

If the product is damaged then it is not returnable anyway. If it is not damaged then it is resalable. I think there needs to be more details on what exactly is resalable condition. I think it is a bit cheap to consider opening the package of the product to find out it is the wrong item or whatever, makes it not immediately saleable. Honestly how will anyone know if they got the wrong product if they cannot open it to inspect the item. If repackaging is the issue perhaps a flat repackage fee of some sort.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord

not very much, unless the return shipping is free

30 days

3 What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?[/list]

5%

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Youzer

Enthusiast
Polocies

Its simple, if the return policy seems shady. It is.

45- 60 days. This leaves room for giving all product a true test drive.

A simple, yet straight up 10% restock fee.

N

Nate552

Enthusiast
1. When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?
2. What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?
3. What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

1. Depnds on what I am buying, if it's expesive electronic components I will take it into consideration. If it's a cable, then not that much.
2. 60 days
3. 0% on most stuff. But I can understand 10%

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
Questions? I've got answers.

1. When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

Easy return policies ease the discomfort of not dealing with 'bricks and mortar'. Real stores have to look you in the face and deal with you, vitural one's do not. Therefore the appearance of ease of return goes far to my incentive to buy on line.

2. What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

Proof of return within 30 days of receipt. In this day of even the Post Office providing the capability to track a package there is no excuse to not use the ability as a way of monitoring where things are.

3. What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

If in saleable condition within the return window there is no justification for a restocking fee; unless those items are offered for sale at the discounted rate to others who come along later. It seems to me to be a double dip on the sale of the product to get a restocking fee then sell it at full pop, looks greedy to me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis