Enter to Win: A7-700 Subwoofer from Elemental Designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

captlem66

Audiophyte
not at the moment

No I currently dont but I would like to something to deaden the sound from reaching other parts of my house so I can crank up the bass and not bother other people

B

BulltC

Audiophyte
No room treatments.

I prefer making my own things to cut down on cost. Maybe make kits with plans for various sizes, add your own fabric/covers. Might be interesting.

V

versicolor

Audiophyte
I do not use room treatments at this time. I have wondered about them and what difference they would make for me. I have areas in my HT room that vibrate and would probably benefit from some room treatments. I would have to hear the difference it would make before thinking about a purchase. It would also be nice to not force the rest of the house to listen to my system.

T

TKNice

Enthusiast
I don't have room treatments in my theater but I will in the next six months. For an improvement, I'd have to say that I'd prefer them to be thinner than they are today. 1/2 inch at an affordable price would be nice.

Tom

P

puckhead

Audioholic Intern
I don't currently use treatments, but might consider if they were able to blend in better to a living room setting which is where my main system is located -- I don't have a dedicated HT room. I'd also like to see something a little more affordable -- at the current price points they aren't considered a priority on my list of upgrades/additions.

A

andy sullivan

Enthusiast
Wood shutters, heavy drapes, properly placed pictures and wall hangings. 13x12 heavy throw rug.
I would like to use a higher quality subwoofer allowing my current system to expand it's range.

M

mgreven

Audiophyte
do you use acoustical treatment in your HT?

i have a 110" screen set back in a 12' wide x 4' deep recess in the wall. i fashioned some conduit into a curved radius on either side of the screen to soften the corner and make a curved shape. i then hung drapes (floor to ceiling) that are "scrunched" together to a depth of about 4". the drapes do a ton to dampen the standing-wave reflection from the opposite end. on the opposite wall (about 30' back) i made baffles using 1x4" boards on edge into a 2'x4' panel. i put paper-back pink insulation in the panel, and covered w/ a porous fabric that matches the drapes on the other end. i have 4 such panels. VERY inexpensive to build, and you can hear the difference immediately. highly pleased.

Matt

S

snowhiteboiler

Audiophyte
I do not currently have a home theater room (I live in an apt.) but have started looking at houses. The most important aspect of accoustic panels for me would be their asthetics (as putting a theater room in is going to be enough of an issue with the wife) and their price.

B

brandonnash

Audiophyte
I don't use room treatments. I'm looking at possibly making some DIY treatments once I decide to look into their design a bit more so I'm not opposed to them at all.

B

Brad S

Audiophyte
Acoustic Room Treatment

Still in planning phase of my theater build, 30 foot long x 13 foot wide room, plan DIY acoustic treatments, including bass traps, linacoustic on front wall and sides below ear level, possibly 1st reflection point on ceiling also. Walls will be covered with GOM or similar, speakers in pillars and behind SMX screen. CRT projector and equipment located in adjacent space.

L

LabRat

Audioholic Intern
Room Treaments

Not currently in use. Maybe useful as system grows. Would have to have high WAF and blend w/ the room. This seems to be something the cries out DIY.

D

downrazor11

Audiophyte
i use custom built canvas and felt frames, like painting canvases.

this deadens the sound of crossing frequencies but doesn't totally kill the life in the room.

SteveSatch

SteveSatch

Audioholic Intern
I do not use any because I have so many speakers and subs all over I think the wife would go crazy if I took it up to the next level.

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
I don't use room treatments

I would if there was something that was inexpensive, easy to install/remove and would not leave a hole larger than a typical picture and had a high WAF :D

I

idrobnjak

Audiophyte
treatment

I don't currently use the room treatments in the main living room but plan to once I get going on finishing the basement and creating the MAN SPACE.

This GIK stuff is cool, while I am also looking for something to put behind drywall to try and isolate the basement sound.

R

Ralph

Enthusiast
No, I dont have anything except a large thick curtain over a sliding glass door. I plan on having a dedicated room in my basement as soon as I can afford to have someone come in and waterproof what could now be considered to be a great big wading pool after a heavy rain.

G

GregBe

Audioholic
I currently don't use room treatments, but I am looking at purchasing some. For me, price is the biggest factor. I am researching low cost options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis