Enter to Win: A7-700 Subwoofer from Elemental Designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt85

Enthusiast
I do not currently use room treatments, but I plan to get a room kit from GIK Acoustics once I get a bigger place.

Matt85

F

fdowns

Audiophyte
Waiting

I am curently renting, so I can't do acoustic treatments. I am hopeful that next year when I am in a house that I own I will be able to do a proper multimedia room.

S

Sideburnwillie

Audiophyte
[I Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?[/I][/B]
No I do not. I would prefer quality at a lower price if there is anything I am `looking for'.;)

Leffe67

Audiophyte
I don't use room treatments at this time.

I probably would if they were cheaper, better looking and I could hear a demo of what they actually do for my space. I know some of the new offerings look pretty nice and have photo prints etc, but I would still need to convince my wife...

Leffe

C

CinRG

Audiophyte
After moving I haven't set up my theater room. However, the problem with acoustic treatments I have had is the look - they can be ugly, and the cost.

H

HDLife

Audiophyte
Acoustic Treatment

I am a DIY guy also. I Incorporate lots of shades, cushions, artwork, carpet, etc...

Unreal1997

Audiophyte
As a college student, I am not currently in a permanent residence. However, when I am, acoustic treatment looks to be an attractive addition to my home theater room.:)

S

smathews

Audiophyte
Acoustic treatments--no

Haven't looked at them as of yet. Just getting started and have lots to learn

BufordTJustice

BufordTJustice

Junior Audioholic
You wanna do WHAAAT?!?!

Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?

I do not currently use room treatments in my home theater. I am a live sound engineer by trade and am down with the sickness, as it were. The wife, however, sees little benefit to 'making the room look ugly' with audio treatments of any kind. She does not deny that she would HEAR a very noticeably improved audio environment in our little home theater. She is just at a mental block over the appearance of all of the available treatments on the market. I think the best improvement for audio treatments currently available would be the most expensive next step for manufacturers; creating a diversity of deceptively cool looking (yet reasonably priced) room treatment effects that could 'blend' into a modern living room. That's my issue. If this were a basement or play room....the wife wouldn't care. But this is 'where we entertain guests' and she sees other options as aesthetically unfit for our purposes. :/ She almost went into cardiac arrest when I asked her how she felt about placing a drape over an entire wall ("... you mean over THE WHOLE WALL!? WHAT FOR?!..."). Maybe some pieces that looked more like pieces of art (and didn't actually cost as much as pieces of art). Maybe I'm asking for the impossible. :rolleyes:

C

chpwaman

Audioholic Intern
I do not currently use room treatments.

My best answer as to why is that I really have no idea where to begin or how to effectively use them.

SunnyOctopus

SunnyOctopus

Audioholic
I am currently not using acoustic room treatments in my home theater. There is nothing in particular that I am looking for in a product to move forward with acoustic room treatments. My speakers are far too crappy for it to be worth it.

G

gulmer

Enthusiast
Enter to win: A7-700

I have not used acoustic treatment in the past and I'm now in the process of putting a new theater together and I'm considering some type of treatment, not sure yet. I would need something that was fairly thin, there isn't much room for thick wall treatments. I need to get the room put together before I know what I'll need in room treatment.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
I currently do not use room treatments(I rent my dwelling), but I'd love to have a place of my own to experiment with them.

J

janok63

Audiophyte
A700 & Acoustic Treatment

Currently I do not use acoustic treatment(s), but have seriously considered using them to tame and assist with issues in my room. (Increasing bass management, reducing reflections, while creating a strong center image that exhibits good depth from my Zens.)
Like many of us, our systems are set up in the living-room and we have various issues to tackle. The main two for me would have to be (1)-cost effective:rolleyes: and (2)-visually appealing.:cool: (This would surely satisfy the WAF and kid factors.):p
I could then experience true audio nirvana!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
M

my_december

Audiophyte
Currently my HT is actually set up in the family room so I do not have any acoustic paneling or anything, but one day I would love to have a dedicated HT room. When that finally happens, I would love to add some acoustic panels. I'd definitely be looking for something that was cost effective and something that the wife would approve of. Maybe something that semi-matched the furniture in the room would pass that test!

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
Background:
Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?
I don't use acoustic room treatments (though I'd love to). Unfortunately, I don't have enough space for them, or time for DIY panels.

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Unfortunately, I do not currently employ any acoustic treatments in my theater--however, being a pianist I highly appreciate and value proper execution in acoustic treatment in managing a space's resonance and reflection. The thing holding me back from such treatment would be the difficulty in customizing panels and making them as ‘invisible’ as possible given many people have their theater in a living space—as I do. It would cool if there was an expanding acoustic foam compound/mix that could be combined and poured to fill molds to allow maximum flexibility and ability to create unlimited sizes/shapes and thickness.

H

Herb too

Audiophyte
Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?
No.
If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? N/A
If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments? Not particularly.

D

ddawg1130

Enthusiast
I do not currently use room treatment.

I would however love to see a "room treatment" kit that is effective but also not permanent. I live in an appartment and I've moved 4 times in the past 2 years. Hopefully will be living here for a couple years, but still hard to invest several hundred dollars in room treatment to know I'll have to rip it down destroying it in the process when I do leave.

C

chaos400ra3

Audiophyte
I use 2" thick 2'x4' sheets of acoustical foam in the front, sides and back of my room. I used just the right amount to get the room acoustics just right.

I also use bass traps in the 2 back corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis