Enter to Win: A7-700 Subwoofer from Elemental Designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Elemental Designs wants you to win!

Elemental Designs is giving away the chance to win one (1) A7-700 Subwoofer a $1600 value to one (1) eligible forum member!

Background:
Elemental Designs is holding this contest on a number of forums. The randomly selected winner from each forum will be entered into the final drawing. Elemental Designs will contact the winner after they have been chosen from the finalists. The preliminarily contest ends on JULY 14TH, 2009 so enter now!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Live in the continental United States 3) Answer the following question in the thread below.

Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?

For more information on room treatments, please visit our Room Acoustics section or listen to the AV Rant interview with Gavin Haverstick of Auralex Acoustics.

Note: This contest ends on July 14th, 2009. Winner will be drawn shortly thereafter and sent to Elemental Designs for the finals.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't currently use acoustic treatments. My impression of them is that they are quite thick (2" to 4" thick). I would prefer something that did not stick out from the wall so far. A selection of fabric designs (like artwork) is also nice, and I have seen some like that.

BTW, great contest!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
question said:
Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?
No I do not.

question said:
If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?
I need something that is cost effective, perhaps prefab panels around $30-40 per panel. I don't know if that's unrealistic, but it sounds good to me.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Treatments that I currently use are dyi with owens 703 and wood frames, with matched upholstery to funiture fabrics. Im currently happay with the style and results.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a couple of GIK 242 Elites ( http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_242_elite.html ). I would like more acoustic treatments as an improvement but if I'm being asked to find a way to improve the product that I have the only thing I would nit-pick on is the quality of the wood work on the frame.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I have extensive treatments in my HT room. They are from GIK and I even custom ordered two panels to fit a specific space. These wall/ceiling mount panels are not bad looking but I'm sure some still have WAF issues with them.

One of the area that I do not see being treated is windows or sliding glass doors. These large reflective surfaces generally go un-treated and a creative solution here would be great.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Funny, I am actually building more 703 panels for my cieling today so this is great timeing for this question. I also use one GIK Elite pillar bass trap. I have 8 703 panels located on the walls and cieling placed at reflection points on the walls and symetrical on the cieling. I use the treatments to help tame some freq's and help even out response. The GIK helped tighten up the bass and is placed in a corner. Along with the SMS-1 it seems to work quite well for my HT. As for improvements I don't think to much more can be done but I will keep on checking for what might come along....

Last edited:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? I actually started with the greatest improvement opportunity there is - building a room with good acoustical dimensions. However, for post build I am in process of building my own using wood framing over rock wool panels
If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? Homemade panels. Next challenge will be homemade diffusers (skyline).
If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments? It was mostly the cost as the issue for me. Affordable panels with a variety of shapes and fabrics.

M

mesojdm

Audioholic Intern
Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?
NO
If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?
I would like to see acoustic panels that are not only functional but can also blend in and not look "out of place". A dedicated HT is fine, but for a normal living room most people(myself included) do not want large grey "egg crate" hanging off the wall. Maybe offering many color options? Different "wife friendly" designs? thanks:D

T

t3steve

Junior Audioholic
I don't use room treatments.

I would if they were invisible. (WAF)

Stephen Bandirola

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?
No, I don't use room treatments. I am looking for inexpensive products. I will add bass traps and acoustic panels in the future, especially if they are inexpensive and aesthetically acceptable.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
No, I currently do not use room treatments, mainly due to the fact that I have bi-polar speakers, but I would like to have some bass traps for the room mode where my main listening position is.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
I do not currently use room treatments, but would like to in the future.

There are 2 main things I would be looking for:
1) affordable price
2) acceptable asthetics

Not having a dedicated theatre room and a large budget means it's usually tough to find nice looking treatments at a good price.

As far as looks, a 2" think panel that is effective and has nice fabric would probably be acceptable in my book, however a 4" thick panel would never fly in my living room. I have also looked into bass traps - and I think a corner trap would be ok asthetically provided it's as compact as possible while still offering sonic benefit, and again, has some nice fabric options.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
I don't use any acoustic treatments at the momment because the wife does not want them on the wall, so i would say if they were smaller it would be easier to sell her on them.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
I absolutely use room treatments - A combination of GIK Acoustics and Acoustimac panels of varying widths and shapes. I had a helluva time beating down some very strong bass modes with them that muddied the sound something fierce:mad:. Both are exceptional products that helped me even the sound throughout the room:p. Other that having treatments that are designed to be frequency specific, I really couldn't imagine improving on what I have.

DJ

F

FNG212

Audioholic
I do not use room treatments. Most of the reason I do not use them is their bulky design and intrusion on room aesthetics. Even though my wife says its "my room" it really isn't. Maybe down the line she will cave but from what I understand about their cost and looks, I can't pull the trigger on it until I get the other gear I want first.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
No treatments...yet.

Well I'm waiting to have a dedicated room, but if more sizes shapes and patterns were available at a reasonable price I probably have some by now in my living room.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?
No, but it is on my list of desired improvements.

If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments
The proper combination of cost and athestics. Particularly, having some of the panels disguised as movie posters of the buyers choosing while at a reasonable cost (< $100 per 2'x4' panel).

XEagleDriver

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I use a few DIY panels made from rockwool. I would like an absorber that could fit into a corner more easily and panels that are more aesthetically pleasing than my current ones.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
"Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?"

No

"If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?"

Affordable, with a high wife acceptance factor. Also, detailed support in the purchase process to ensure effective results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis