Enter to Win: A7-700 Subwoofer from Elemental Designs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bucksrock

Audiophyte
Enter to win: A7-700

I don't currently use acoustical treatments though have seen some products that might be worthwhile (I would love to replace the sofa with a memory foam mattress, ah so comfy:)). Obviously my old lady would frown if it looked like an anechoic chamber though:eek:.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
no I don't use any currently.

The biggest issue is décor friendliness. More specifically wife friendliness.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
No I don't use room treatments.

I might add them if they blended into the room better. I might add them if they look like a modern art paintings or a cylinder sub for a bass trap in the corner.

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
Outside of carpeting and some curtains, I am not using room treatments but am looking at the GIK art panels and want to add some attractive bass traps. WAF is an issue for me, but she is open if it looks acceptable in our room.

I think she is sold on the idea of the art panels, but they are not in the budget at this time.

N

norbpac

Audiophyte
Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?

No I do not.

If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?

Affordabilty, and WAF ,they are ugly and hard to get used to ,unless your use to living in a studio!

S

socra

Audiophyte
I do not have any acoustic treatments. I just don't have the room for it. Someday I would like to have a dedicated home theater room, but just not yet. I cannot think of any particular feature that would make me more interested in acoustic room treatments, with the exception of them being free :)

L

lazy7689

Audiophyte
Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?
No, I do not have acoustic room treatments. It's not that i'm looking for something in particular but, rather, I don't have a place of my own yet. When I have a place of my own will be when I start looking at acoustic treatments.

G

gitarretyp

Audiophyte
Yes, I currently use room treatments. Most of them were my own construction.

If I were buying, I would like to see a product that is well engineered (posted measurements), affordable, and aesthetically pleasing or able to blend well into the decor.

T

thrasher

Audiophyte
I do not currently use specifically-designed room treatment products. The A/V setups in the living room and master bedroom are full of furniture, curtains, paintings, bookshelves, etc. There is really no room for treatments.

However, once my youngest daughter moves out to go to college, I'll remodel her old room into a combo office/home theater configuration. At that point room treatment products become much more viable.

What kind of products would I consider? Assuming they provide acceptable sound management capabilities, they would need to meet the WAF for a multi-use room: attractive, unobtrusive, available with different fabric or paint choices, etc.

Thanks, Rick

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic
i do not use them but that is because i rent a townhouse someday if i get a house again i will consider some sort of treatment because i would like to build a theater in the basement with front projection and keep my current set up for family room.

J

JAMS

Junior Audioholic
no studio here but umm

No im not using anything but the carpet really seems too soak highs and my den is open to the listening area,and is a standing wave bass trap i swear!
The walls there should have treatment,my pc is there and im using it often too!!
Its 10x12 and open another14 ft on the 12ft side so im getting a drum effect when its not shaking during movies!
Glad the bass is fine just outside the den!
Both subs are located outside the den on the wall running into the den!
My blue heeler stays right next to me there at the pc bless her heart, as the bass is alive there!

A

andy_puiu

Audiophyte
not yet, but imminent?

I don't have any true treatments yet, but am hoping to add one (diy) very soon. I have a very large room (20x20) with cathedral ceiling (does this help eliminate standing waves/room nodes?). I have a projector and use is mostly movies.

There is thick carpeting and heavy double curtains along most of one wall. Seating is close to centered, so well away from any walls - though the wall of curtains is to the side.

My first step will be to make a large, decorative panel with OC 703 or similar along the wall opposite the curtains, to balance the room better. Perhaps an additional large panel(s) at the rear of the room.

I still need to locate a source for the OC 703. I only know of one local supplier, who didn't stock it and wouldn't order small quantity when I inquired a year or two ago.

X

Xyler

Audiophyte
Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater?

No

Is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?

Currently, I would say no. I have researched various brands, as well as DYI options and havent really made a decision as to what Im going to do. Currently the Theater has been in a holding pattern with the economic downturn and all.

I

ijstubbs

Audiophyte
I currently dont use room treatments, but would consider if the price were right.

T

timk

Audiophyte
Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments?

Currently using:
6 DIY 2'x4'x2" OC 703 1st reflection panels on the side walls and behind the front speakers, 4 GIK Tri-Traps in corners, 4 8th Nerve Seams and 4 8th Nerve Triangles along the wall/ceiling boundaries. My room is about 12' wide, 16 1/2' long, and 7 1/2' high. Wall to wall carpeting over concrete floor. All walls and ceiling filled with fiberglass insulation.

What I would like to see improved:
1. Better taming of subwoofer range room modes.
2. First reflection panels for ceiling.
3. 4"-6" thick absorption panel on rear wall to further reduce comb filtering and echoes and provide additional bass trapping.
4. And most of all, a nifty new ED subwoofer to go with my current GR Research sub to help tame those room modes!

S

se-riously2

Audioholic Intern
No acoustic treatments at this time. Would move forward with corner bass traps that are less thick, less wide, and DIY to reduce costs.

trikoid

Audiophyte
Contest Question: Do you currently use acoustic room treatments in your home theater? If yes, what do you use and what would you like to see improved over you current acoustic treatments? If no, is there something in particular that you are looking for in a product that would make you choose to move forward with acoustic room treatments?

I don't currently use acoustic treatment. To move me to a wall-covering treatment, I would want it to have a lot of wife acceptance factor and be fire retardent. Something like a carpet-type material with prints that have some sort of artsy design to liven up the room. Something that looks good and is able to be leaned on, and that cleans well.

russcenter

russcenter

Audiophyte
I do not currently us acoustic treatments. This isn't because of the products, but the room/house. The house is on the market to sell and I do not wish to spend a lot of time and money on perfecting my viewing room when I will hopefully sell soon (stupid economy:mad:).

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I don't currently use room treatments. I may go the DIY route some point to minimize the cost. Many of the options for premade are more expensive than I am willing to buy at this point.

R

regalturbo

Audiophyte
I don't use acoustic treatments for several reasons:

I don't have high-end audio equipment (yet).
I'm renting the house I live in.
I am of little means right now.

I would be looking for treatments that were subtle and had lots of choices for color, style, etc. to help me choose the best treatments to match my home decor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis