Enter to Win: $880 Wiring Kit from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
The Impact Acoustics team wants you to win. To that end, one (1) random winner will be selected from folks answering the questions below to receive a Residential Structured Wiring Kit (a $879.99 value!).

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:
  1. Have you considered installing a residential structured wiring system?
  2. What aspect of a residential structured wiring system interests you the most?
  3. What is the greatest barrier you face in purchasing/installing a residential structured wiring system?
  4. What manufacturer immediately comes to mind when you think of the term residential structured wiring?
  5. Would you install a residential structured wiring system yourself or would you hire an integrator?
Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2006. The winner will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Product Description:
Impact Acoustics is devoted to creating a superior audio/video environment for your entertainment. We produce our own unique line of audio/video interconnects, bulk cabling, connectors, distribution devices, cable management, premise connectivity and tools. These high performance products are designed and manufactured by audio/video fanatics just like you. All Impact Acoustics products are built to uncompromising standards and will deliver impeccable performance, even in the most demanding installations. Trust us to deliver maximum performance, extensive selection and real innovations to your home audio/video.

Impact Acoustics Residential Structured Wiring products are designed for ease of installation to provide you with more flexibility. This starter kit has been designed to include the basic building blocks for a Residential Structured Wiring system. The kit contains a 28in enclosure to hold home-run wires and house the distribution modules. The kit includes the modules and wall plates to wire four zones for telephone, four zones for cable television and four zones for a local area network. You can expand to eight zones as your needs grow or if you have a large wiring project. This kit also includes a four zone audio distribution module and four volume controls to add distributed audio to a home or small office.

Package Contents:
One - 28in Enclosure w/Cover
One - 8-Port Telco Module
One - 8-Port RF Splitter
One - 8-Port Cat5E Patch Panel
One - 4-Zone Audio Distribution Module
Four - 20WPC Stereo Volume Controls
Four - Single RF Decora Wallplates
Eight - Single RJ-45 Wallplates
One - 500ft Gray CAT5E Cable
One - 500ft Blue CAT5E Cable
One - 500ft RG-6/U Coax Cable
One - 500ft 14/4 In-Wall Speaker Wire
One - 250ft 14/2 In-Wall Speaker Wire
One - 20 pack Hex Crimp F-Type connectors

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Craig234

Audioholic
1. No
2. Having it all set up reliably and out of view
3. Determining my exact needs, concern about cost
4. None
5. Hire

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic
1. No
2. Neatness
3. Budget
4. Don't know.
5. Depends on how big the project is.

T

tdubnrae

Enthusiast
Yes
Ease of setup
What do I need now and for the future
None
Hire someone

A

amp74

Audiophyte
contest entry

1. yes
2. home integration out of sight
3. cost
4. belkin
5. hire out. attics are too hot.

pick me pick me!

aaron pelc

D

df4801

Banned
1. No
2. Having everything out of sight. Control. Expandibilty.
3. Cost, complexity.
4. None come to mind.
5. Hire an integrator.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic

Yes

2. What aspect of a residential structured wiring system interests you the most?

Neatness, up to date conections, everything out of site

3. What is the greatest barrier you face in purchasing/installing a residential structured wiring system?

Knowing all the necessary equipment, cost, necessity

4. What manufacturer immediately comes to mind when you think of the term residential structured wiring?

dont know...I am buying my first house this fall and I will look into then

5. Would you install a residential structured wiring system yourself or would you hire an integrator?

I would do some research and if it made sence I would hire an installer

C

cyngreen

Enthusiast
(1) Yes
(2) efficiency, streamlining
(3) Costs and the fact that I would not be able to do any of the work myself
(4) Lucent Technologies
(5) Definitely hire

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief

Yes

Whole house audio/video is the primary interest I have in it. Hidden wires is nice too.

Time, cost, waiting till I move into new house

None particularly.

Probably both.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Have you considered installing a residential structured wiring system?
No. This is the first time I am hearing of it.

What aspect of a residential structured wiring system interests you the most?
Professional look, high reliability, reduced confusion since all essentials included in kit.

What is the greatest barrier you face in purchasing/installing a residential structured wiring system?
I will be integrating the wiring system into existing house and I will have to fish wires through the walls.

What manufacturer immediately comes to mind when you think of the term residential structured wiring?
None.

Would you install a residential structured wiring system yourself or would you hire an integrator?
Hire. I dont have the equipment or skill to fish wires through conduits laid out previously.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
no
it wouldnt look like a little kid set up the wires. ease of set up
money
none
myself

mytzen

mytzen

Audioholic
1 - Not yet, need to own a house before I do.
2 - Hidden wires and the professional look.
3 - Not owning a house.
4 - To be honest, none, since I cant do it at this time and I havent done any research on it.
5 - Probably do it myself if I had the time. I think it would cost way too much to have someone do it for me.

K

kobojen

Audiophyte
Yes.

No mess wiring and hook-ups.

What is the greatest barrier you face in purchasing/installing a residential structured wiring system?
Cost and effort.

What manufacturer immediately comes to mind when you think of the term residential structured wiring?
None.

Would you install a residential structured wiring system yourself or would you hire an integrator?
Yes, I have never done this before.

W

wingzz

Audiophyte
Yes
Ease of setup and clean look
exisiting structure
None
Hire someone

C

c_h_shin

Enthusiast
1. Yes
2. Connectivity and hidden wires
3. Cost and complexity
4. Belden, Smarthome
5. Myself

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic

I cetainly am now!

Neatness, expandability

Difficulties in routing, price.

I dont really know any, haven't gotten that deep into the fantasy yet

Definitely hire, there are not enough swear words in the world to make me want to route wires through existing walls!

B

bshplt

Enthusiast
No, I can't as I live in an apartment and it would require too much fiddling.

Cables are hidden in the wall: I value neatness and professional look

Open walls to fish cables in...

hmmm...noone I can think of.

I would hire an integrator as I am not very handy! :D

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Actually we had a full system installed when we built our house 2 years ago, but it only covered the top 2 floors. As I finish the basement, I can already tell I am running out of space and options in my box

Centrally located management of all the IT aspects of the home

Cost
Ustec - it is what I currently have
Definately my self

R

RamesesTG

Audiophyte
Yes.

Ease of use. The ability to do anything anywhere (i.e. listen to what I want, watch what I want in any part of the house)

Cost.

None yet.

Do as much possible myself and hire out for the rest.

S

slicki

Enthusiast
1. Yes.
2. How neat and pretty it is. Also the flexibility it gives.
3. Cost and performance hit from another termination point.
4. None.
5. I would do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis