Enter to Win: $50 Gift Certificates from AV123

What aspect of speaker design in most important to you?

• Sound Quality

Votes: 117 93.6%
  • Build Quality

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Aesthetics

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Size

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
M

mnosretep

Audiophyte
I am in the minority and I know there are sound reproduction quality trade-offs as a result but, my circumstances dictate that size (small) takes precedent. My room configuration mandates either a very small footprint or preferably a small wall mount

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Sound First and The rest will follow

As I would have guessed, sound quality for most of us are the number ONE determining factor of a speaker. Second is build quality, a speaker that will lasts for years and years to come.

T

teach

Audiophyte
This is a no brainer (and I am overqualified there)...sound quality. Heck, its dark when I am using them!!

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
Sound quality is definitely the most important aspect, but it must also pass the wife factor for looks.

R

royw

Audiophyte
Sound quality way above and beyond, you could have the smallest or largest, most or least attractive speakers, and if they sound like garbage i dont want them.

R

RudeDog

Enthusiast
Sound quality without question. If it doesn't produce accurate sound, who cares what it looks like?

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Imho

A speaker's sound quality comes first. Any other consideration is secondary -- a distant second, that is.

G

gonar

Enthusiast
what matters to me

sound quality. if it doesn't sound good, what's the point?

Bodymechanic

Bodymechanic

Junior Audioholic
Pretty obvious sound quality is the winner, eh? I think build quality lends a hand in sound quality. These days appearance counts for more than most people will admit to. Pick up any HT or sound-related magazine and look at the ads. Speaker are prominently displayed in various scenarios throughout. Thanks and Happy New Year! :)

annunaki

annunaki

Sound Quality is definitely most important. True to the source uncolored sound.

T

TheFinalWord

Enthusiast
The sound quality is the top consideration, however, it should look presentable as well. If it looks ratty, it is going to take away from your entire room.

B

blacksquid

Audioholic Intern
No question, sound quality is the #1 attribute that a speaker can have. I think that build quality directly affects sound quality and so would be #2 on my list. After that it's aesthetics for me. Gotta look good and blend well with the surroundings.

in2thelord

in2thelord

Audiophyte
Sound quality, sound quality, sound quality. Second, it has to have high build quality, specifically with the crossover parts. I will settle for an ugly speaker that is larger than the size I prefer IF it sounds great. Fortunately, the AV123 Onix Reference Monitor 1 (in High Gloss Birdseye Maple) is close to the perfect speaker for my music and home theater needs.;)

I do not own own a pair yet ;) because I cannot afford them ;) but I have heard them and I really want them. If only someone could help me out.;)

C

clarkjarvis

Audiophyte
A speaker really has only one purpose to make sound and that sound MUST be good.

D

df4801

Banned
sound is by far most important, then you can worry about looks next, then size, then construction.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis