Enter to Win: $50 Gift Certificates from AV123

What do you listen to most in your home A/V system?

• 2-Channel (CD’s, MP3’s, etc)

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Home Theater (DVD, TV, etc)

Votes: 52 60.5%
  • 50/50 split between each

Votes: 21 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
DVD, Music, HDTV. Probably 60-70% DVD and HDTV combined.

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
Recently, My wife and I had our first child, a girl. Now, as busy as we are, I find that I just don't have the solo time to listen to CD's or audio only as much as I used to. Most of the time is spent with Family, and the whole audio visual experience offers more entertainment for us, so I watch DVD's about 90% of the time. However, we do really enjoy concert DVD's, so that's a great compromise.

A

ArtV

Enthusiast
Between HDTV, Movies, TV, SACD, DVD Audio and now Dolby IIx, I figure I never listen to 2 channel anymore. Music in general I listen to maybe 10-15%

G

giantslayer

Enthusiast
2-way, mainly mp3's (actually, I use iTunes AAC) or CDs.

M

mmmmcheese

Audiophyte
I listen to my setup 100% with music. That is mostly beacuse I am 16 and can't really afford or want a nice HT setup. I am also not much of a movie person. I like to watch them but i only do maybe once every two weeks.

D

daman4799

Junior Audioholic
I use to be 80 to 20 HT to music. Now I find myself 50 50.

Later, Daman

R

RanjeetRain

Enthusiast
Music buff here!

Still the music is primarily in two channels. And it would take another ten years for higher number of channels becoming a standard. I use STEREO :)

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Mostly dvd movies, then television, sometimes multichannel dvd-a or sacd

GMann

GMann

Audiophyte
While my preference is 2 channel audio, my family has drawn me towards the Home Theater. There for 50/50.

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
Probably about 70% TV, 15% DVD and 15% 2-channel CD....

R

RMK!

The 50/50 split is about right but 50% of the music 50% is spent on 5 channel listening.

R

rower8899

Enthusiast
Home Theater

Ever sense the advent of DVD, I've been hooked on Home Theater. The only time I listen to music is for back ground while doing something else.

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Answer

I am fortunate to have a seperate two channel rig, but I still listen to a great deal of music on the HT setup.

M

myzzy

Audiophyte
What do you listen to most in your home A/V system?

Home Theater.. Dvds always

L

lbjazz

Audioholic Intern
I listen to mostly 2 channel audio from cd's mp3's and my computer. Movies are less common but a definite factor in my listening.

J

Jim N.

Audiophyte
CD's on 2 channel about 80-90% of the time. Surround does not appeal to me at all. DVD movies or concerts make up the remainder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis