Enter to Win: $50 Gift Certificates from AV123

What do you listen to most in your home A/V system?

• 2-Channel (CD’s, MP3’s, etc)

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Home Theater (DVD, TV, etc)

Votes: 52 60.5%
  • 50/50 split between each

Votes: 21 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

satfrat

Audiophyte
Actually, both answers aren't correct for my listening tastes. I voted for the 50/50 split but I don't listen to any 2-channel music. All my music is enjoyed thru Dolby Pro Logic 2x w/o the center channel. It's 2-channel with a 3 channel background and for me, it doesn't get any better than that. I'll also add that my main source is my HTPC, the heart of my home theater for both audio/video.

Robin

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
Without a doubt I use my system for Home Theater mostly. The majority of that is watching TV, but I do my fair share of DVD watching as well. I do occasionally listen to MP3's, but usally only if I'm cleaning the house or doing a home improvement project.

S

so_cal_forever

Audioholic Intern
Mostly just music. Once I complete my setup, it'll be pretty even between the two. I do however watch movies ocasionally with my setup.

K

kiran_sham

Junior Audioholic
Home Theaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
In the theater it is almost exclusively DVD, some TV (Lost and Alias), with a little DVD-A and SACD. Upstairs almost all TV.

J

Johnmalo

Enthusiast
The pole question

Right now I listen to 2 channel 100% but as soon as I purchase my projector, it will be 85% projector and 15% 2 channel

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Currently 80% 2 channel music, 20% Home Theater TV or DVD.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm about 70% music listening. A small percentage of that is mulitchannel DVD-A and SACD, but the vast majority of it is 2ch redbook.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
My usage is 80% music 20% AV/DVD. Of that 80% music, 98% of that is 2ch RBCD.

Matt34

Matt34

I go as far to say 90% home theater 10% music. The only times I really listen to music is driving back and forth to work and while exercising.

My birthday is this month and this would be a fine gift for me.;)

P

photodyer

Audioholic Intern
70/30 in favor of HT . . . mostly due to the influence of my kids!

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Just posted my response; one for 2 channel music. Though, I must say, it's by a small marging. I'd say something in the realm of 60/40.

bupton

bupton

Junior Audioholic
Tough Question...

My system has to contend with my drastic mood swings. :D Overall it is probably an even mix, but it is getting a bit more of a musical work out since I got back from Africa and the states...

sks939

sks939

Enthusiast
Tivo now, HDTV and Netflix in a couple of months

I Tivo a lot of 4:3 content now, but I am adding an HDTV receiver and a Netflix subscription in a couple of months. I might start listening to more two channel stuff once I get my SACD installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis