Enter to Win: $50 Gift Certificate from SVS

What attribute do you consider to be the most important in a good subwoofer? (pick 2)

• SPL

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Low End Extension

Votes: 77 53.1%
  • Tactile Response

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Low Distortion

Votes: 90 62.1%
  • Minimal Compression

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Size (footprint)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Finish (wood-grain, etc.)

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
P

petimager

Audiophyte
contest

tactile response and low distortion. si important to me

M

maweisberg

Audiophyte
Subwoofers

Low Distortion- who wants a subwoofer that sounds like an earthquake when you aren't watching an earthquake

Finish- My subwoofer has to blend in with the decor of the room so guests aren't aware of it until it explodes with sound

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
I would look for a variety of factors in a good subwoofer, but I would have to go with low-end extension and low distortion (with SPL and footprint size as two other important considerations).

G

gonar

Enthusiast
what matters to me

is clean accurate sound and a good low bottom end.

ultimate volume is not really that important to me as I very rarely want to listen at high volumes. (-25 db on my yamaha is almost too loud...)

Bodymechanic

Bodymechanic

Junior Audioholic
I'd pick performance over appearance any day. Range, SPL and distortion are the three main considerations for me.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Clean low end extention is absolutely the most important attribute for a good sub. The ability to shake the house is the thing that makes movies worth watching!

annunaki

annunaki

I voted for 4 of them by accident, however I feel they are all important and tied together.

Low end extension is not possible without minimal compression effects nor is it usefull without low distortion. Tactile response requires low distortion output to make it worth while. A good subwoofer requires many aspects to make it a great package. All of those are important to me. :)

T

TheFinalWord

Enthusiast
Low distortion is key for me. I want to hear it clearly.

C

clarkjarvis

Audiophyte
What's important in a SUB

Priorities are Low End Extension and Low Distortion

B

brmiller88

Enthusiast
Low distortion is most important to me, but I also always check low end extension when I'm looking at a potential sub for my home.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis