Enter to Win: $50 Gift Certificate from SVS

What attribute do you consider to be the most important in a good subwoofer? (pick 2)

• SPL

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Low End Extension

Votes: 77 53.1%
  • Tactile Response

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Low Distortion

Votes: 90 62.1%
  • Minimal Compression

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Size (footprint)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Finish (wood-grain, etc.)

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
SV Subwoofers wants your opinion!

SV Subwoofers is offering (2) $50.00 Gift Certificates redeemable up to 6 months after the drawing date (December 31, 2005) to forum members that take the poll above and post your more specific response to the question in this forum.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Take the poll above and elaborate in this contest thread:

What attribute do you consider to be the most important in a good subwoofer? (pick 2)

• SPL
  • Low End Extension
  • Tactile Response
  • Low Distortion
  • Minimal Compression
  • Size (footprint)
  • Finish (wood-grain, etc.)

Note this contest ends on December 31st 2005. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
ultra low end extension at -3db with low distortion

T

taddy_porter

Enthusiast
Size & finish are of next to no concern to me. Tactile Responsen & Low Distortion would be most important to me.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
a good sub should go nice and low (<25hz) with out distorting

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Svs

I would have to say tactile response and low distortion.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
Low distortion is good, and I like it to go low...like feel the pipe organ in your soul low.

C

ca_newbee

Audioholic Intern
Low distortion... I'm paying to hear things accurately not loudly

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
I choose Low End Extension, and Low Distortion as well.
I am counting the days till I buy a <20hz sub.

Reorx

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Low with little distortion at a high spl. Size and look are not important to me

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Tactile response is tantamount. Low end extension .... the more the merrrier. And it seems SVS does both quite well!

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Looks like the masses have already picked the two that are most important to me: low end extension and low distortion. The WAF is of some concern to me, and I admit I do like for things to look good, but ultimately, the most important thing is sound quality.

cheers,
supervij

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
need something clean and loud that blends in seemlessly. spl and low extention are what i look for, and THD is what i listen for.

J

jake51s

Junior Audioholic
To pick two, tactile response and low distortion. Going low is great, and a close third.

mlbillow

mlbillow

Audioholic Intern
Low distortion is probably number 1 with high SPL and low extension coming in at number 2.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Wow... hard to pick just 2... but I ended up picking SPL and Low End Extension.

The other two I'm really concerned about is: Tactile Response and Low Distortion. Tactile response is nice, but very few audio CD's have running low end bass lines. (or low end pipe organ) I love organ music too. maybe my idea/definition of Tactile response is wrong.

Low Distortion seems like a given to me. Who wants high SPL, or great low end extension if it comes with distortion. That's why I didn't pick that one.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
1. Quality of bass: (low end extension, low distortion, etc.)
2. Quantity of bass: Max SPL. Larger rooms require higher SPLs to achieve bass that you can "feel"
3. Looks and size can also be important when your HT doubles as a family room.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
The only thing I don't care about is the small footprint and wood veneer. More of a performance first kind of guy, but certainly would consider each category for the best of all worlds.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Low THD and Flat low end extension. Thats the sub for me.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis