Enter to Win: $100 worth of Impact Acoustics product with free shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyv65

Full Audioholic
To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?
1) I Listen to music on my home system and on an iPod 80Gb. The home system sees music use (as opposed to TV and movies) about 3 to 4 times a week: the iPod gets used every day on RTD to and from work.
2) I use the apple lossless format for my music, and typically burn it from CDs I own, although I have purchased some music from iTunes.
3) I buy most of my music from Amazon, but I occaissionally pick up a specialty disc from Music Direct (mostly hybrid CD/SACD, or MoFi rereleases of albums I had as a kid).

N

nooch14

Audiophyte
Impact Acoustics $100 Give Away

I use my Oppo DVD player or iPod Primarily playing cds or mp3's ripped from my cd collection.

I own a few ipods

it accepts well you know i'm sure aac,mp3, apple lossless, and a few others I think

I buy music from here and there mostly itunes store, bestbuy, or from my favorite independent radio stations websites for quick downloads.

pkschuetzle

Audiophyte
I listen to music at home in the car and on a creative zen MP3 player. I Download from yahoo music or buy cd's. I normaly use WMA files and copy at the highest settings available. The player will play wma & mp3. Most of the time I listen to XM radio.

D

Diablo

Audioholic Intern
I listen to music on my two channel audio system through a cd transport and on my computer through cd

Y

yamahaR6

Audiophyte
I use my home stereo and pc to listen to music. I do not have a portable player. I buy music on CD at Wal-mart, Best Buy, Circuit City.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What do you use to listen to your music?
My computer and speakers, my iPod and headphones, or my main receiver and speakers.

Do you have a portable music player?
Yes.

If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?
iPod shuffle; AC3, MP3, etc.; iTunes

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I listen to cd audio, dvd audio, and dvd movie content using my cd player and dvd player run through my AV receiver. I sometimes listen to cds on my computer but rarely since my office is adjacent to my main system.

Ipods do not have the linearity that would make me happy, no matter the format resolution.

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
Contest Questions:
My Yamaha 2600 and Athena AS-F1's home theater set at 2.1 or 2.0
Also PC based MP3 at 320 KBS thru prior Yamaha receiver and speakers.

Supposedly my Sony PDA is a pretty good MP3 player, with Yamaha guts for the sound processing, but I havent' used it much in that capacity.

If so, what is it, what music format does it accept.
MP3 and others

where do you purchase your music?
CD's online from the cheapest vendor, usually CD universe.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?

I have a big ole mess of speakers. Couple studio monitors, and some PA speakers.

Yes, I have a portable music player, an Iriver h120 to be precise. It handles all audio formats, except for .WMA.

I get my music from www.audiojelly.com

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Impact Acoustics

What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?

I use a universial DVD-CD Player: SACD,DVD-A,CD+G
Yes, I have a portable music player. All audio formats are accepted

I purchase my music from whomever is offering the lowest rates.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
I use a marantz cd player or stream music from my computer thru xbmc. I don't have a personal player.

Don_T

Don_T

Junior Audioholic
For the most part I listen to music in my home using the second or third zones of my audio system. Sometimes the source is the CD and sometimes the source is my iPod docked to the receiver. My iPod accepts all music formats that I know of. I always purchase the CD and then RIP it into AAC format for the iPod. I just like having the CD and the ability to output any quality level I want for different listening environments. I do not purchase MP3's at all.

pfarrell77

Audiophyte
IA contest

Contest Questions:
iriver H10 20GB, Pro-Ject turntable, Oppo DVD player for CD, PS3 for SACD, Laptop with creative SB Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA.

iriver H10 20GB, wife has Zen Vision M 30GB

If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?
Pretty much all except apple, everywhere but itunes, mostly Napster to Go but will buy CD and burn it at higher bit rates if it's not available as part of my subscription to NtG.

J

Jutang

Audiophyte
Teac 2.1 speaker system in kitchen while cooking meals
Car Radio

Yes, Ipod
MP3, WAV, Itunes

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
I listen to my music primarily in my car but also in my home. I have a portable music player that accepts MP3s and perhaps other formats. MP3's make up 98%+ of my music collection. Most of my music I obtain from others or from online retailers.

R

ringbearer3791

Audioholic Intern
I use my home theater to listen to music. I don't have a portable music player mostly because i'm not interested in listening to music over cheap headphones and good headphones are too large for me to really consider them portable.

Contest Questions: What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?

Note this contest ends on May 31st, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic

My PC (via iTunes), in mp3 format. I would prefer 256vbr and above for the encoding. I don't have a portable player yet, but I plan to get one in the near future (possibly an ipod).

morrone

morrone

Enthusiast

I generally use my Denon 3803 + Paradigm Legend (floorstanders) speakers to listen to music.

I have an iPod that I use for portable music, generally on planes. I usually by CDs and rip them for use on the iPod.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja

I listen on a dedicated music system...usually ebay/amazon purchased cd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis