Enter to Win: $100 worth of Impact Acoustics product with free shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away $100 worth of Impact Acoustics product with free shipping to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?

Note this contest ends on May 31st, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
" What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music? "

I listen to either CD's or WAV files on my PC.
The MP3s I've tried sounded,watery.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I use my main stereo system to listen to music. I do not have a portable music player, mainly becuase I don't want to spend the money right now to get a setup that would sound good enough for me to want to use every day.

I do listen to some music on my computer while working, but I try to stick to 320k MP3 files.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Music listening

At home we use a CD changer, XM radio, and FM radio as the main sources. I have a couple XM radios in the cars but don't use a portable music player. I buy most CDs online and get an occasional new release at a big box store.

O

Ohmen

Audioholic
I have converted all my CD's to MP3 using EAC/Lame :). I listen to my music over my home theater system using a D-link DSM 520 media server. I also listen to SACD's and DVD concerts/music played directly from my Oppo 970. I have a Archos Jukebox portable MP3 player .I only play MP3's on it. I purchase most of my B&M music from Rasputin music. A small percentage of my music is from Amazon,ebay and other Internet retailers.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?

Mostly the car stereo (although it is NPR - not sure that counts as music), otherwise my Ipod Nano or Itunes on my computer. Rarely I will fire up the HT to listen to SACD or DVD-A. The Ipod accepts all the Ipod formats, but almost all mine are MP3. I haven't purchase new music in years. Literally.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?

Sound system in my sig and my old school ipod. Yes, the first gen photo ipod. I play losseless wav files on it ripped from CDs bought on amazon.

M

mark4mich

Audioholic Intern
I listen to cd's on my system at home. When I work out I use my ipod. On my ipod, have music ripped from my own cd's .

J

jake5717

Audioholic
The only time I really listen to music is in the car during my commute (15min.) I have Sirius that plays for the majority of the time. At home I have another Sirius hooked into the AVR but only gets played about 5 hours a month. When listening to CD’s they run through the DVD player and out the surround. When I buy music it’s always CD’s and its always from Best buy or Circuit city.

M

MrDeathStar

Audiophyte
I listen mostly to cds that I rip to FLAC files, store on my computer, and play through a Squeezebox connected to my main stereo system. I don't own a 'portable' music player (unless my car CD player counts). I purchase CDs from various sources (Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.)

solomr2

solomr2

Full Audioholic
At home I listen to my HT setup, but I guess your questions are about portable format, so here goes;

I have a very small i-River MP3 player with an FM radio. I use this every morning when I go for my daily 10-mile bike ride for exercise. I mostly listen to the radio, but I also keep it stocked with MP3s that I listen to occasionally.

I also have a Pocket PC phone with a 2-GB mini-sd card. I keep some of my favorite songs on there, and it comes in very handy when I travel so I don't have to take a separate MP3 player. Again, I use MP3s on this.

I also keep a large portion of my CD collection on MP3, and store it on an external USB HDD. The format is variable-bit WMA, max resolution supported by Media Player.

Finally, I keep a limited amount of the above songs on my laptop and listen to them while I work sometimes.

I usually don't buy music online, I prefer to buy the CDs and then rip them to my external HDD. I then load them on portable devices, and I also make road copies (CDs) to take in my car. I got into this habit after having about a dozen CDs stolen from my car, and having a few others smashed in my soft-sided briefcase.

My daughter has an iPod, she mostly buys CDs and I rip them for her too. She did by a few songs from the Apple store, but she made the mistake of synching her iPod with a friend's computer and she lost all the songs she had bought. Ever since then she only buys the CDs.

My wife has a Samsung Blade phone, I loaded a few of her songs on it via USB.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
Contest Questions: What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music?

I listen w/ mostly my CD player (older 5 disc sony), but occasionally through my iPod which does mp3 and AAC. i get most of my music from iTunes but am considering the Sonos w/ rhapsody subscription.

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
Most of my portable listening is done via my Ipod Nano. It plugs right into my car stereo and works well for that purpose. Also use it during workouts. All files are in mp3 format. I don't use it for listening via my main system as the quality isn't good enough.
Funny....no one wants to own up to any file sharing for their music?? LOL! ;) Musically, I tend to drift towards old 80's alternative...you know..the stuff you NEVER heard on the radio. Any idea how hard it is to find that stuff on iTunes? LOL! So most of my music is ripped from my old CD's.
For home listening through the main system, I'll spin the cd's through the Oppo 981 via TosLink or I'll pop on the Sirius channels I get via Dish Network. Haven't ever messed around with DVD-A or SACD.

R

RudeDog

Enthusiast

I almost always listen to music in the home theater. I will use my iPod Nano when I exercise. I listen to either MP3s I ripped from my own CDs or files I downloaded from iTunes.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What do you use to listen to your music?
I have been switching out between an AudioRequest, Imerge, and just general CD/DVD player (Sony). I also have a PC connection I can use if I want to. Generally speaking though, I more often listen in my car and watch movies at home or listen to XM Radio.

Do you have a portable music player?
Yes

If so, what is it, what music format does it accept
I have a SanDisc Sansa player and a Creative Labs player as well (somewhere). I rarely use it though as I'm more often in my car or at home. Outside my house I have speakers so I have no use for the portable there either. For formats, I think it takes .wma and mp3 without issue, not sure beyond that.

...where do you purchase your music?
Ummm... mostly I download from various places online. I avoid any place that puts DRM restrictions on my music, but that's about it. I will shop anywhere the price is right.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What do you use to listen to your music? Do you have a portable music player? If so, what is it, what music format does it accept, and where do you purchase your music
I mainly use my HT system to listen to music. Second most common music listening is done in the car.

I do not have a player specifically, but my phone is an MP3 player. I do not generally use it for music playback in general though. I do not purchase music online or via phone web; I buy the CD an upload to my PC.

P

project86

Audioholic

I use my car system most often, followed closely by my living room system. I use my cell phone (windows mobile based smartphone) for portable music. It plays MP3 and WMA, and I rip my own CD's and load them myself.

W

WeAreSurrounded

Audioholic
*What do you use to listen to your music?
Mostly my HT equipment, based on Denon - large collection of CDs, SACDs DVD-As. Also in my car, and on computer (through headphones) - at work.

*Do you have a portable music player?
Yes

*If so, what is it, what music format does it accept
Just regular CD Walkman - playing CDs. No MP3s in my life yet.

*Where do you purchase your music?
In stores: Best Buy, Tower Records and online: amazon, towerrecords. bestbuy, HMV, ebay

lsullivan12

Audiophyte
listening:

i listen to classical music using either a denen 3910 or sony 999es both through an integra research rdc7.1 preamp/processor then onto a crown emr amp for the main l/r channels, ps audio delta 250 amps in mono mode for the center, lr/rr channels, db systems mono amps for the rear l/r channels. an arcam 600 watt mono amp for the center hsu research sub, a classe 600 watt mono amp for the sub out to another hsu sub. all main speakers are front l/r and surround l/r] vmps super ar11 towers with vmps lcr center, and bose for the rear l/r. analogue lp is via sota table, graham arm, crown jewel cartridge, ps audio phono pre amp, krell preamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis