Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joel47

Enthusiast
A VHF channel 3 tuner with video & audio out, so that it's less of a pain to whip out my old Atari 2600. (And along with that, exact copies of the original joystick controller, but wireless.)

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?
Maybe an optical-to-coaxial convertor...I don't know, I'm not a gamer.

W

WeAreSurrounded

Audioholic
Some universal controller, which could be used as the remote control as well fro the rest of the equipment.

V

Vanhoecke

Junior Audioholic
Contest Entry

A good high speed wireless gyro controller with a wireless extension (so the cpu can be rack mounted behind a sound panel).:D

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
I can't see where AV123 could really add much to a console and make it integrate smoothly...then again, I'm not a big gamer.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
An AV switchbox with HDMI, component, and digital audio. If it was controllable via a remote, that would be a plus. I'm running out of connections and my radio shack switchbox doesn't have a remote.

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
I think that the most important accessory is a device that quiets the machine. Like a fancy hushbox

I've heard an Xbox360 and it was LOUD!! make something that quiets it down to a whisper while still getting it air and it should sell very well IMO .

T

tarzanboy

Audiophyte
an AV switch box for HDMI, optical, and component. Too many wires to currently keep track of

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I have never been a gamer, but after having seen the graphics of the Wii, I kinda want one now. And part of me would love to find some vintage gaming system, like the Atari 2600 or the original Nintendo. So not knowing much about gaming consoles, I can't really say what accessory would be of much help beyond the stuff that a few people have already said: wireless control. I can't imagine that quoting what other people have said will help me win, but there it is.

cheers,
supervij

M

mjhamre

Audioholic Intern
replacement wii bar

Someone has undoubtedly suggested this (to lazy to read all the thread :eek: ), but a replacement bar for the wii (two IR leds from what I understand) would be nice. The first ones out was really ugly, something incredibly low profile, that would disappear and not call attention to itself on top of your nice new plasma. Needs to not plug into your wii, ideally would either run off battery or a small wall wart. Adjustable width and led power (to allow controllers to work at different distances).

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?
Some nice VGA and component cables for the new consoles, better than what monster offers for cheaper

maybe work some magic and make an HDMI cable for the xbox

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
it would have to be really simple, or really advanced. If it was a controller id buy one from sony or nintendo or whoever made the console. i dont think id ever need rf. i dont think id ever buy anything for my console that wasnt developed by the actually company unless it was very innovative, and i have no idea what that might be.

cables? maybe. but probably not worth it.

hard drive?.. maybe

maybe a device that is handheld that has a screen on it that will display the contents of the ps3 or xbox 360 and be able to control the music and videos that are on the hard drive from anywhere around the house. id buy that.

J

jsanfilippo5

Junior Audioholic
I would definitley like to see an HDMI cable for the Xbox 360. I would also like to see a coaxial audio connection since I have no more optical on my reciever.

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
Being as it is AV123...Maybe a Piano Rosewood stand for my Xbox 360!

In all seriousness I would love to see AV123 make some matching furniture pieces (with room for a game system) to match thier speaker line.

If that won't work I'd be more than happy to settle w/ a small bundled self amplified home theater/monitor system that could by used for bedroom TVs or PCs.

L

leaguer1leafs

Enthusiast
Wafflesomd said:
I'm going to have to go with someone elses reply.

A good, inexspensive package, probly 5.1, markteted towards gamers.

I agree totally that is what I would say....something most likely from their X-Series.

JJ

J

jwood966

Audiophyte
an entry level soundbar

I'd say a simple virtual-surround speaker system (either 1 speaker or 2.1). I'm sure the most casual of gamers don't all have a 5.1 setup but are expecting somewhat better sound w/ their new purchase than the tv speakers.

Something easy to setup like that doesn't have to sound 100% audiophile perfect. I'd imagine it would satisfy many casual gamers needs. The only other (well-known) competition would be from Bose and Yamaha... and they're at a much higher price point.

M

misterkit

Enthusiast
I think a cool accessory for AV123 to offer would be a gaming chair with their speakers built in.

Tom Andry said:
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

Note this contest ends on January 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

se-riously2

Audioholic Intern
How about a rosewood trimmed storage case to store the game console? Would match nicely with the 7 rosewood speakers I already have.

For some reason, I never received the confirmation e-mail the 1st time I tried to register....

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, a veneer trimmed storage case for the gaming console. The veneers should be offered in rosewood, piano black, BEM, etc. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis