Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

Note this contest ends on January 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Two things...

1. A good optical to digital coaxial converter. I got one a while back and the dang thing needs to be powered off/on everytime I start my PS3. It's not garbage, as it does work well once it is up, but I sure would like one that works a whole lot better at a reasonable price. This will work with X360 and PS3 for sure... what digital output does Wii have?

2. A IR remote for the PS3. Please, oh please, oh please! The usual niceties of a decent IR setup with it... Discrete on/off, good control of the major functions, etc.

Thanks!

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I still need good quality - long!! controller extensions. I know go wireless - I have them! The logitechs for my PS2. But through my solid core door into my component closet, I still get some lag. I built the 2.5" conduit into my riser from the component closet for controller cables, but have the end connections in the middle of the conduit (i.e. stringing multiple extensions together) just cloge things up

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
What accessory?

Optical to coaxial converter for the older Xbox and for current and future systems. I've run out of optical connections and it would be a great device to have to alleviate that problem without having to buy different adapters for each player.

Personally now that I think about it more, I don't think AV123 could add much. I don't play games, but if they chose to maybe a small 2.0 or 2.1 setup that would also be ideal for computer use. It seems I may be in the market for something like that now anyway :(

Last edited:
Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
2.1 system

I must be old school but I play my console plugged in directly to my TV in my bedroom where I have no receiver or external speakers. How about making a 2.1 system for consoles, complete with power amp, etc. Something along the same lines as the Bose 3-2-1 system (along the same lines of target market not sound reproduction). That would be sweet.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
I'd like to see a Playstation 3 Calibration disc with some test patterns, color gradients, etc. This way I can calibrate the TVs for the PS3 more perfectly.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Honestly, I wouldn't find any such accessory of value. I don't use any gaming consoles.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Tom Andry said:
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

Note this contest ends on January 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

A low priced wireless HDMI also with component connection transmitter/receiver, so that one can easily have the PS3 or XBOX360 on the opposite side of the room from the television, beside the chair/couch, with no wires to worry about.

-Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fattyboombah85

Enthusiast
Okay, I don't own any of these systems or consoles anymore, but there really isn't much to them. Perhaps people are short on video connects so that would be worthwhile, but I don't understand what Av123 could really add to the current market. I feel very few people are worried about their cinematic adventure while gaming. Any addition would have been thought of in the development of the original console, and probably an accessory already exists of that sort.

Matt34

Matt34

A quality wireless controller with rechargeable batteries and docking station.

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
IO would say a wireless controller for using the xbox as a music server

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Gamming Speaker Package.

AV123 might be able to create a package with one of their upcominng X-series electronics and the X-LS speakers and X-sub which they could market towards gamers.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

A low priced wireless HDMI also with component connection transmitter/receiver, so that one can easily have the PS3 or XBOX360 on the opposite side of the room from the television, beside the chair/couch, with no wires to worry about.

-Chris
Yes, I lifted WmAx's reply. (very good Idea)

SBF1

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

a database of cheats and game hacks! ;)

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I'm going to have to go with someone elses reply.

A good, inexspensive package, probly 5.1, markteted towards gamers.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I honestly can't think of anything that would make sense for AV123 to start manufacturing. Most of the things people want are already manufactured by other third-parties.

J

jwill242004

Audiophyte
I dont think theres much more that you can do, and still be an original product. Every posible accessory for these systems arleady exist, perhaps an interactive headphone with higher quality speakers? I Dunno

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

A wrist strap that doesn't break for the Wii :D

Seriously, I could use a box (like what WmAx said) that allows me to put the PS3 somewhere else besides in my equipment cabinet wirelessly, since I dont' have any more room in there... I had to displace my CD player to put the PS3 in there. It is larger than I expected, and now that I have to also house my sub amp in there, I am out of room.

IMO I wouldn't make a 2.1 or 3.1 system for the PS3/360 because both are 5.1 capable and that adds a LOT to the games. Maybe a low cost all in one 5.1 package geared for the PS3 based on something like the Rocket Tykes or even the X series.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
A better wireless controller. What would even be better is if they finished their x electronics first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis