Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Numenorian

The Numenorian

Junior Audioholic
High quality AV cables, including HD audio and video; maybe all-in-one cables.

O

outfitter

Audiophyte
How about wireless headphones packaged with a wireless "butt kicker" for the late night gamers that don't want to disturb roommates/parents.:eek:

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
I would probably want a wireless wii sensor because it is hard to place correctly in a theater.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Majority wins

My vote goes for a wireless controller as well.....

P

project86

Audioholic
Kind of a tough question. The only thing that I personally would use would be some type of cheap all in one sound system. I saw a prototype powered 2.1 system on the AV123 forums, don't know what the status of that is but I would certainly use it for gaming (which I don't do much of anymore). Or else maybe a re-issue of the Rocket Tyke system, but make it just 2.1 and add some type of small integrated amp? That might be asking too much.

Also on an unrelated note, please hurry up with the X-series electronics, specifically the amps!

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
A good, and tough wireless controller, with a recharge base. Thats would be nice. The 5.1 system idea is not bad, especially for people with kids wanting to install the game system faaaaaar away from the expensive A/V system.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

Powered speakers designed to sound good for videogames that are connected from RCA outputs of the video consold.

Hanse18

Hanse18

Audioholic
I don't know what av123 has to offer, but i guess what i could use most would be an hdmi connection for the xbox 360. Besides that, maybe a matching optical audio cable for the 360 (that grayish color).

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

I would like to see a high quality switcher (passive would be ok, but a remote switcher would be better), that would be made like a real component piece of equipment, not a cheap plastic box. It should handle HDMI, Component and optical IN/Out.

There are a few companies that make these items, but the prices are very expensive. With AV123 you would get a very high quality unit with out all the high dollar hype.

Senior Audioholic
Contest Question: What accessory could AV123 provide for one of the new gaming consoles (or an older one if that is all you have) that you would find of value?

Some type of timer that is tamper proof to control the time of day the game system can be used. With easy to revoke privilages and seven days a week time schedual.

D

Dank

Audioholic Intern
Longer controller cords. Not sure I want to use the wireless controllers.

A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic
quality HDMI cable that was bundeld with a optional opticcal out

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
I'd like to see a mobile game cart that would allow the game console to be easily put away when play time is over. The cart could have various compartments, shelves and/or drawers to hold games, controllers and other accessories. It could also feature appendages to wrap cords around to add to the tidy appearance.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
I'd like some upgraded video cables for my Wii! component video that is

F

fernalfer123

Audioholic Intern
Nice set of all in one cables...............

Unreal1997

Audiophyte
I'd say an affordable, yet decent quality 5.1 system. With consoles in the $300-600 range, most gamers are not going to want to drop a couple grand on speakers.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
i don't really do much gaming, so my opinion (probably not one you want to hear) is to forget about it and stick to high quality audio products like the speakers and electronics you're producing.

ELSock

ELSock

Audiophyte
i would say either an HDMI cable especially for the ps3 which certain games surround is encoded to only be read when hooked up through hdmi,
or an optic cable because most of the systems support optic and would be good to have.

A

Atokade

Audiophyte
I would like to see AV123 provide as accessory to the PS3 HDMI 1.3 cables for the following reasons:

1) There are no bundled HDMI cables with the PS3

2) The PS3 is one of the first Audio/Video devices to support the HDMI 1.3 specification

3) These cables would have much benefit for the future (future-proof to a certain point) and the perception of being avant-garde with HDMI 1.3 cables meshes well with the futuristic, avant-garde image the PS3 is trying to project, as noted by the recent PS3 commercials.

4) HDMI 1.3 would provide the possibilty of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD to complement the PS3's Blu-ray player and its positioning as next-gen Home Entertainment. The owner would not need to rely on getting a disc player that can decode the streams into uncompressed audio. Touting the audio benefits corresponds to AV123's market positioning as an audio company first and foremost, rather than an electronics company.

5) Because HDMI 1.3 cables are backwards compatible with previous HDMI specifications, owners can enjoy the full capabilities of HDMI for now until the release of more equipment supporting the new standards.

6) HDMI 1.3 cables marketed for the PS3 need not be limited to PS3 usage. HD-DVD and Blu-Ray discs should have True DolbyHD and DTS-HD in general.

Ato

References:
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/interconnects/HDMI13.php
http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PlayStation_3_60GB/4505-6464_7-31355103.html?tag=rate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis