Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.

Note this contest ends on November 30th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
I really like to see things like stands or mounting hardware, mostly because it is hard to find 3rd party hardware that works well and looks good with the speakers.

B

Bigfishe

Junior Audioholic
Maybe multiple packages

Have the Set it up package STANDS, Wire, Bananna's
have just a stands package
have a wire package,

obviously with the more you choose in the package the more significant the discount.

I would Imagine most consumers like to shop all in one place. But a lot of those that search this site, like my self really pinch pennies and are NET hounds when getting the best deals on Cables, Wire, Stands. So the real Purchase is the Speaker Product.

G

gonar

Enthusiast
package options

it would be great if you could assemble a complete matched system at some package discount.

obviously 2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 (and maybe even 10.2) speaker/sub packages are great, but the option to include matching stands and wall mounts, cabling and even receiver/amp packages selected to match particularly well with your speakers (and the particular speaker package) would be cool,

for instance if somebody was ordering a 2.0 or 2.1 package of your top of the line music speakers, an appropriate stereophile processor/amp package and cabling (or choice of packages) could be offered, where if somebody were ordering your bottom level 5.1 package, an appropriate AVR(or selection of), cables and stands/wall mounts package would be offered.

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
The thing is, it depends.

I've always wanted speaker companies to include wires with their deals, but now that I think about it, I think I'd rather have the choice of selecting the cabling. I suppose what I'd look for in a bundle will be non-critical equipment:

-Stands are a must
-How about an SPL meter
-Perhaps a discount towards a future purchase of a receiver or amp, cabling, etc

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
The SPL Meter is a really good idea. Give the customer a tool to optimize the use of your product!

When I last purchased speakers, I had difficulty finding the right wall mount unit for my surround and rear speakers, because of the size and weight. It would have been nice to have a list of company that could provide the right wall mount for those specific speakers. It would have been even better to have some kind of deal, or rebate included.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would want to make sure that different mounting options are made available as appropriate for that item. People say 'stands' - but that needs to include things like wall mount kits, ceiling mount kits, floor stands, low profile shelf mounts, etc.

I don't want to pay more for a speaker if it is just going to sit on my bookshelf, but if I want to wall mount it under my plasma - or next to it, I don't want to have to search all over to find the best tools to do this with. Likewise, if I want a simply floor stand that matches up nicely, I shouldn't be forced to look at 20 different websites to finally find one that is 'close'.

I would think that a speaker wire recommendation would be a big plus. Every speaker needs wiring and not all homes are prewired, so a recommendation and offerring of the right speaker wire - sold at the correct length would be a big plus. Especially if both ends could be pre-terminated with banana plugs to keep it easier on the end user for hookup convenience.

Finally, I believe that there is color coding that is supposed to be standardized these days for 7.1 hookups. It would be nice to see those colors, with labels, available for customers. That could almost be a freebie to include with every speaker purchase. But, something that the client can put on every speaker, every speaker cable, the back of the receiver, etc. to identify which cable goes out to which speaker far more easily. Right now I still have to pull out my personal label maker and carefully mark each cable so I can identify it. Still isn't nicely color coded though.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker accessories

In addition to the speaker stands you offer, I would like to see brackets for wall mounting. It would also be nice if some of the speakers included threaded inserts for connection to Omnimount type brackets without drilling holes in the speaker cabinet.

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
I would like to have multiple mounting options/stands. Whatever the product you should offer packages a various types.

M

madadam

Enthusiast
Matching stands first of all for monitors, wire options would also be nice for any speakers.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I agree that stands is a touch too generic - I like more the option of bundling the appropriate thing for the application. For example - I recently bought an inexpensive speaker system for the 2nd HT setup in the living room (sick of listening through the TV) - the system came with several different options - wall/ceiling mounts, shelf stands, and floor stand adapters. This made it easy because I had everything I needed right there.

Wire - not so hot on. Because wire is pretty universal and ultimately it needs to be the required custom length. I generally buy spools and cut it the right length.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
I like to see the following items

1) Matching stands
2) Discount on matching speakers for hometheater
3) Wire package

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
I'd like to see stands included or know where to source wall mount hardware, etc. It does make sense to make sure that a purchase is complete rather than the end user realizing he is missing something. want better sound from your sub, maybe you should check out auralex or have a bundle that includes it.

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
Having viewed your site many times, I'm very familiar with your packages. I would like it if you offered the subwoofer as part of your packages as well as discounts/coupons for speaker cable and speaker stands if bookshelfs are part of the package.

M

Mat_M

Audiophyte
I would like to see either stands or wall mounts as part of a package. I'm finding that getting good looking (matching with speaker) wall mounts that are pleasing on the eye are hard to find.

C

clthoma2

Audioholic Intern
Speaker Bundle

I would like to see the following in order:

For Bookshelves: Stands, Anti-Vibration pads, Speaker wire

For Floorstanders: Spike/Disc sets, Speaker wire:)

L

Lukky

Audiophyte
Outriggers! If you have pets, adding outriggers to the floorstanding speakers is a must.

I like the SPL meter idea someone had earlier. Also, the idea of getting $100 or more off my next order would be a great incentive to buy more stuff from AV123... not that I need more incentive, just look at those speakers! :cool:

how about throwing in some cleaning products? And maybe a microfiber rag that won't scratch the piano black finish?

M

moegid

Audiophyte
Matching stands would be nice.
Definitely a discount on wiring (like 5-10% above dealer cost or some such would be a nice bonus.
Maybe even some tie-in HD audio/video media so show off the new system.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I'd be most interested in wall/ceiling mount options. Some speakers do not include mount attachments like screw holes or whatever (e.g. Onix Ref 1). But if there was some good way to get those wall or ceiling mounted, I'd pay for that. Others like the Rocket series have the holes there, and bundling mounts would be attractive.

F

faroff

Audiophyte
I would have to say stands or mounting hardware. It is sometimes hard to find stuff that will fit or match different speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis