Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jottle

Audioholic Intern
I would be interested in purchasing a matching set of rear speakers with a 2.1 system. Even better, it would be nice to have a variety of different speakers offered at a discount for use as rears in a 5.1-7.1 system. I'd also be interested in discounted stands to go along with a pair of bookshelves.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
I think the more options available the better from a business stand-point. As for me personally, I'd like to see the essentials such as speaker cable at a goor rate or sub cable. Other nice features may be different colored screens, finishes, etc.

Harmon

Audioholic Intern
I agree with matching stands and mounting devices. Seems like these things typically have a high markup so a discount would be cool. Perhaps a nice universal remote would be good too.

C

CooLJ92

Audioholic Intern
I would like to see top quality cables (sub cable and speaker cables) included in the purchase. I am tired of seeing these thin, cheap cables that most manufactures include to get you started. It would make life much easier to have everything in the box instead of going to the the local store to purchase them. Manufactures should include wires that sound the best with their speakers.

Thank you.

jj

muttsinparadise

Audiophyte
For surrounds, additional mounting hardware, perhaps with specific options for the type of wall/ceiling one has. Kits for DIY cable. SPL meter with instructional manual, and connectors.

tonay

tonay

Junior Audioholic
I would like to see discounted stands offered if purchasing monitor systems or if deferred - then discounted shipping.

Thank you

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:
Contest Question: When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.
I would definitely be interested in optional stands for book shelf or surround speakers, as well as speaker wire and terminal connectors, such as banana plugs.

The stands are almost a no-brainer, because they would take all the confusion out of trying to find stands that would fit properly.

The wire and connectors may be useful for those folks who are upgrading their systems from something old or basic or 'starter' quality and might not think to upgrade their cables to match. Having these items offered with the speakers would take some of the mystery out of replacing them later.

U

ultrarunner

Audiophyte
just learning so I would want options of stands or brackets. also a tool to calibrate listening levels, or an equalizer to help achieve proper levels and balance between my speakers.

inmypjs

inmypjs

Junior Audioholic
Pretty much what everyone wants. When buying a speaker it's sometimes more convenient to be able to purchase the recommended cables and wires plus stands (for bookshelf monitors) and mounting brackets (for center and surrounds)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I like both of the examples. I'm into bookshelf speakers, so I'd like to see stands offered as a bundle. I'm also looking to get a subwoofer, so an equalizer bundle would be great. Ultimately, I'd like to just be offered the lowest price on anything that I buy...even if I just buy the speakers.

F

f0am

Audioholic
Funny you ask this question, i recently just purchased a set of b&w's from my local dealer.. i asked if they could throw in the 50 dollar center channel stand for free on the deal and they told me i was already saving 10 percent...
i thought that was kind of poor of them seeing as i was already spending well over 50 dollars.

I would say free interconnects or discounted stands.

In my case I was buying floor standing speakers so the only stand i needed was the center.

Senior Audioholic
When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.

Sure all that would be nice, how about some speaker wire?

S

Shortsord

Audioholic Intern
Things like a nice SPL meter and a guide for it would be awesome, especially for beginners trying to set up a really accurate system, which is obviously a big reason to choose av123 for the x-series anyways.

What I'd feel most strongly about, though, is the inclusion of speaker wire, especially high quality 12 gauge or something like that. Speaker wire is a very easy thing to muss up your system with, and for just a little help by including choice wires, I bet the novices and even the enthusiasts of HT would be happy with paying a bit more. I certainly would.

And stands would be wonderful, perhaps as a package discount of some sort. If stands are offered, however, as a big fan of wall mounting I think it would be important not to forget to offer simply the wall mounting panels as a bundle in addition to the option of stands. This would increase flexibility, as well as make it easier to manage ordering a complete set up all at once.

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
any speaker with spikes should always come with footers to protect hardwood floors (having just bought a pair of speakers that didn't come with them, this is a pet peeve of mine).

i think a nice freebie or bundle item for stereo or HT speakers would be an SPL meter. i know they're easy to find at Radio Shack, but it's a thoughtful and useful item that would most certainly pique interest, and i've never seen them included in such a bundle.

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
Mounting hardwear for speaker packages would be nice, it's hard to find the right match from outside vendors.
Also connecting hardwear would be something else that may tempt buyers.

Don

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
Stands for floor mounts, mounting for surrounds, custom sized cables for each speaker. The SPL meter is interesting, but I'm not certain I'd bite. I'd guess as far as amps/receivers, etc. most people will want something different than what you happen to offer, since you would be limited by the brands you carry. I've never had a need for bookshelf stands.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
Decent Cable bundles (Sub, Speaker...)
An option for a discounted calibration disk and SPL meter bundle with speakers
Stands/Mounts
Sub calibration equipment

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
All that have been mentioned are good suggestions for speaker add on's. I would like to see upgrade options. I dont know if that is feasable for the company, but knowing I could upgrade down the road would make me pull the trigger on something that I knew could be swapped out down the road when the funds got better!

How about trowing in a sub cable!!???

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Question: When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.
Just to be different how about speaker care products? A nice super soft cloth and special cleaner/conditioner. Your company could expand this further with a full on electronics care package.

I also like the banana plug idea.

SBF1

p.s. How about something for my wife so she is less mad?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis