TLS Guy gave me some really nice speakers today

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I had a set of my Minimus 7's with $20 Amazon crossovers (ha) hooked up to my Marantz 1060 and TLS guy thought I could do better, so he offered me a set of speakers that he hand built including designing the crossovers. I stopped over to his house this afternoon and we played some selections and I could tell right away that the sound was bigger with more depth (sorry, I have a tough time describing sound) than my Minimus 7's which sound thin in comparison, although I thought they were really good! So I brought them home and hooked them up with a floor-firing 10" Klipsch subwoofer also in the room. Boy, what a difference. I played my favorite movie soundtrack: Austin Powers International Man of Mystery. I was going to play a song or two just to test them out. Well, I couldn't leave the room because they just sound so great! I listened to the whole CD cranked up loud with my dog Dobie on my lap. What a great day. @TLS Guy is a wonderful and generous guy. He even has his badge attached below the woofers. The tweeters sit 81 inches from the ground so I placed a rubber wedge at the back of the speakers to tip them down a tad. They are ported in the back. Maybe Dr. Carter can explain a little about what went into his engineering these gems.

Attachments

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Nice!

Although to be fair, your sealed, micro woofer Minimum7's were never likely to provide much bass.... and would need to be run with a Sub capable of going up to probably at least 150Hz if not 200Hz to provide the full frequency fill in.

I reckon Minimus7's would be perfect satellite speakers used with that type of Sub (eg: Gallo TR1)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis