Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mbaylor

Junior Audioholic
When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.
I think speakers stands with bookshelves is a great idea. It seems that every time I buy bookshelves I use them with speaker stands. Perhaps speaker cables would also be a great package deal.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase?
Matching stands(for bookshelf speakers).

-Chris

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'm with the majority. Appropriate speaker stands, designed for and packaged with speakers, can be a great selling point.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Again, speaker stands or mounting brackets that match the specific speaker well would be a huge plus. I use stands for my surround speakers, and I had to do quite a bit of searching before finding some that were strong and tall enough and looked good. Already having such items to bundle with a speaker would be added incentive to go with your speakers. Speaker wire, A/V interconnects, banana plugs/spades, speaker spikes... could all be an option in case one doesn't need anything else, but the matching stands I think would attract more attention from selling bookshelves, especially with higher end bookshelve speakers with nice finishes because who wants to hide away such nice wood finishes by sticking the speakers tucked away back on a shelf.

Combo pricing. If you buy main LCR speakers, get a discount on surrounds or a sub.

Your idea of getting a good sub eq at discount with a sub purchase is a great idea and one that would get attention of some customers looking for subs such as velodyne has with their eq'd subs. It's an acoustic treatment nitch that needs to be filled.

With any speaker purchase over X amount of $$, you get a discount coupon good towards any future purchases within say 6 months of your initial speaker purchase. Once upgrade fever hits, it's just a matter of facilitation to keep upgraditis rolling with bonuses/discounts to make it easier to keep shopping. Also, if someone is very happy with their purchase from someone and feels they got a good deal and well taken care of by the company, it sure makes it easier as a customer to go back to that same store/company for more items, with a good discount coupon or something similiar, like your AV123 family pricing, the customer is rewarded for buying more of your products.

SPL meter and set up DVD/CD has already been mentioned too, but it's such a good idea, it can be repeated.

At AV123, you already have such a great accessories/furniture already, you could simply give a certain $$$ amount off any accessory with certain $$$ amount of initial purchase.

Replying to this thread late in the game, I've repeated a lot of other comments, hopefully I've added some thoughts or expounded on something already mentioned.
Brad

Last edited:
bwood

bwood

Enthusiast
a few choices for stands/mounts would be nice. sometimes the default stands don't appeal to everyone

FREE SHIPPING!

R

rmorit01

Enthusiast
With a speaker purchase I would like to see to get the following:

1. Beginner and Advanced setup instructions for the speakers focused on building upon the speaker purchase. Basically, the recommendation for a complete system followed up with recommended upgrade path -- If you buy X, purchase A, B, C -- of course offer $100 savings per $500 spent.

1a. include the dbl meter and setup CD as part of 1 abovve

2. Sell a complete system - I mean complete - Equivalent to what the big box stores would try to pitch to you -- e.g., speaker wires, subwoofer connections, power conditioner for the sub, speaker stands, vibration bumpers -- the complete package deal. Let the customer "deselect options" as they need.

3. I'd love to see a matching furniture entertainment center that would go with a complete 5.1 bookshelf system. That is offer to sell preselected size of entertainment centers where the book shelf and center would have "pre-built" spots to fit into the entertainment center -- designed to hold various sizes of hi-def tvs.

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
Speaking from the perspective of someone that is REALLY new to this hobby, a coupon for discount on future purchase would be REALLY nice. I just purchased a pair of Athena AS F2.2's and a C1.2 center a couple weeks ago and have decided I now need to add an upgraded sub to replace the seriously lame one that came from my old HTIB. Other than the adequate service I received from the I/D I purchased from, I have no reason to go directly back to them.....I'm left starting all over, looking for the very best price on what I want.

J

JeffS

Enthusiast
I myself sure could have used an included SPL meter with something to help with the subwoofer because getting the Sub dialed in was very time consuming.

G

goodhiccup

Audiophyte
I would prefer to have stands made for my speakers. I always end up making my own, because the stands that are usually available are never what I want or need....

I just don't have the time to make stands anymore. Too much work and not enough play!

A

Audiofyle

Enthusiast
I would like to see stands a speaker wire offered as part of a package deal, appropriately discounted of course;)

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Ideal bundle options would include speaker wire with choice of length and guage, and speaker stands for bookshelf speakers. These items of course should be given at a discount when the whole shebang is bundled together.

cheers,
supervij

H

hrad

Audiophyte
Answer

Stands for sure if needed and an offer of cables recomended by spkr. mfg. :eek:

W

Will d s

Enthusiast
Stands and cables for bundles, also mounting hardware should be included free of charge for wall mounts.

M

mint

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.

Note this contest ends on November 30th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
I like the idea of offering matching stands for bookshelves speakers and matching stands and/or wall-mounting hardware options for the surround speakers.

For a sub purchase, I think having a "Sound Isolation Riser" like the Auralex SubDude or something similar as an option, that was custom sized to fit perfectly below the sub would also be nice to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MikeyBoy

Audiophyte
I believe that a bundle option is a great idea. Things that I would like to see bundles with a speaker purchase would be speakers of course (Centre, surround, front, rear, sub options), cables, stands, cleaning cloths, grill colour options. I feel that these options/potential bundles are important. Also important is the ability to bundle these things for a period after the speakers were purchased. It is not until a little while after purchasing something that you realize that you should have purchased that extra thing. Having the option to purchase options (at the bundled price) for 30-60 days after your initial purchase would be great

H

hd4mw

Audiophyte
mounting options, stand discounts, recommendations on Receiver matching, top-of-the-line speaker wire at discount.

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
I would like to see mounting hardware, stands, any installation accessories that might be needed at least offered. Maybe a list of recommended accessories if they are not carried by the company/store, but a nice custom matched stand for the speakers would be best. I'd also like to see alternate grille options, definetly color choice and perhaps different designs on some grilles.

Steve

Kyle Lorenz

Kyle Lorenz

Junior Audioholic
I'd like to see the correct gauge of speaker wire with bookshelves or towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis