Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Murrel

Audioholic Intern
As with everyone else mounting options would be most important to me. The SPL meter with set up disc is a great idea and is already offered over at SVS. Including banana plugs would also make the deal inticing.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
stands is basically all id want to see. maybe some nice banana plugs

spl meter would be cool but i wouldnt buy it.

miniguy

Audiophyte
What to bundle

I'd also agree that stands and mounting brackets would be good. Also, speaker cables that are high quality and don't break the bank.

Wilson

Audiophyte
I would also consider matching stands with the understanding the it has to priced competitively with similar stands. (Not order of magnitude difference). This should let the buyer evaluate the value of buying matching stands versus non-matching stands.

T

thundergust

Audioholic Intern
If I am buying speakers, I would want thick wires and banana plugs.

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
- stands at a discount
- discounts or upgrades on future purchases (with time limit, of course)
- cabling accessories

R

rushwj

Audioholic
speaker stands w/ monitors would be a great package offer! it's always so difficult to find stands for a reasonable price that match the speaker and look good.

V

Vart

Audioholic
I think discounts on matching stands for bookshelfs is a great idea. It can be tough to find stands that fit your speaker properly and look good.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Stands would be cool, wire would be cool, how about that spl meter idea with a test tone cd so you have accurate info on your speaker's linearity after they've been set up in your room. I think discounts on parametric eq's with a sub purchase would be sweet.

S

schoultz

Audiophyte
Matching stands or mounting hardware at a discount would be nice.

PC2

PC2

Audiophyte
Discounts/gift cards

I think it would be great if the speakers came with a Gift Card or discount coupon to help purchase Accessories, cables or stands later on, as you set up your system.( I always need different wire lengths or stands/mounts as i move things around.)

R

RPM2

Audiophyte
Contest Question: When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.

It would be good if they offered quality mounts or stands at an affordable price. You either get junk from Wal-Mart or similar stores or end up paying super inflated prices for something good. Same goes for speaker and component cables.
A quality product at a decent price.
I think that fits well with AV123's reputation.

C

cleansparks

Enthusiast
I like to see packages that are very customizable.

I think discounts on packages of matched speakers is a good thing. 2, 3, 5, and 7 speaker packages to allow different setups. Also, have different options for a subwoofer for the packages.

Other types of thongs I would like to see as an optional purchase with the speakers at a discount are:

speaker stands/mounts/shelves
wires/plugs
rdes and/or other eq options
other types of test/setup things like cds/dvds with tones, spl meter, etc

I think the more options you present the customer the better and every add on should be optional since each customer will have unique circumstances.

It would be cool to see a discount extended for a certain period of time if you forgot something you needed.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
When you make a speaker purchase, what other items would you like to be offered as a bundle with your purchase? For example, would you like the option of purchasing stands with your bookshelves at a discount? Perhaps a subwoofer equalization system with the purchase of a sub? Please be specific about the types of products and why you would be interested in such a product bundle.
Wall-mount brackets. Sadly, too many speaker manufacturers don't include mounting points in their boxes. Maybe bundling would get them thinking about it in the design process.

R

RTPBob

Enthusiast
1st - Matching Speaker Stands
2nd - Something to help tune the speakers to the room.
3rd - Wireless speaker connection system
4th - Discounted Upgrade Options

C

chronos56

Audioholic Intern
My suggestions plus a horror story or two

I would like to see a good optional floor stand and wall mounting system for bookshelf speakers. Finding a quality mounting system for some speakers can be a bit of a crap shoot.

I would also like to see 2 pairs of decent banana plugs included with each speaker. One set for the speaker the other for the receiver.

The SPL meter might make a nice bonus for a 5.1 or better purchase.

The suggestion for a subwoofer equalizer may be a bit too esoteric for most people. For those of us who really take it seriously then a BFD or other equalizer would be pretty cool, but I suspect that we are in the vast minority.

I have to make one more comment. As part of my work I visit a lot of homes. I can't recall more then a dozen or so well set up home theater systems. The number of incorrectly setup systems is staggering and the number of people with nothing at all is the vast majority. Large screen TV's are getting to be pretty common, home theater systems accompanying them much less so.

For those of us who take audio seriously its pretty sad to see how many people don't. I guess what I am trying to say is, do everything you can for the entry level person to succeed in getting it close to right. Stress getting a good 3.1 or even 3.0 set up first. Rear channels are nice, but you would be shocked how many times I have seen all 5 speakers of a HTIB spread out across the front, or even worse, bunched up on top of the TV.

At my place I have a nice 5.0 setup in the family room on the big TV. A good sub is on my "one of these days list". My main speakers are full range so the lack of a dedicated sub is not that big a deal.

In my office I have a small 3.1 system. Eventually I will run the extra wires and get the wall mounts to put up a set of rears, but its not that essential.

Both systems have been set up with a SPL meter, the screens adjusted with a test pattern DVD. I have taken the time to get it right and appreciate the quality of sound I can achieve with the equipment I have available to me. The rest of the family thinks I am a little obsessive, thats OK.

Jim

nyf

Enthusiast
For AV123, I'd say a "build your own system" type setup where you can mix and match your speakers, sub, stands, etc. in one shopping cart and see the effect that has on your discount. The Ascend System Advisor is a good start to that, but take it farther and let people bundle in accessories, stands, mounts, etc. This would be more compelling to me than the prepackaged system discounts you offer on your site.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
with subs
a sub cable , R-DES, sound isolation riser

with speakers
speaker wire w/ choice of connectors, mopads or stands for bookshelf

when I bought my ULW-10 I was looking for an Auralex dealer and didn't know that AV123 was a dealer until I came back to the website to register my purchase.

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
Matching stands would be a very nice thing to receive at a discount. Not really much else I can think of. Maybe speaker cable but I don't think that's really necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis