Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrrame

Enthusiast
SubWoofer is my top priority

After 4 years of owning a HT now I realize that a good subwoofer makes a lot of difference. I had 4 Sony Tower speakers, and they sounded crap, So I bought Sony subwoofer and it sounded crap too.
Then after some research, replaced Sony towers with Ahena Point 5 and Mirage S12. The difference is like day and night.

A good subwoofer makes even a crappy movie sound good.

F

f0am

Audioholic
I would say the most importaint peice of equipment in my system would have to be my speakres. With out speakers there would be no reason to have any equipment in the first place.

Second - Receiver/Amps
Third - Cables
Forth - Tv/Screen
Fith - Dvd/CD Player
Sixth - Beter Cables
Seventh - Power Protection
Eighth - Mail Order Bride to enjoy watching movies with. ( Possibly just the russian mail order bride then start list over) :)

A

andysink

Audiophyte
My Display/Television, With out it there would be no need for a home theater system. The display is the most used part of my home theater system, it gets used far more than any component.

S

sy527x

Audioholic Intern
Probably my receiver. It controls everything and it's the main way I interact with my system overall.

B

beeman

Audiophyte
Receiver #1 component

As an audio freak, the receiver is my #1. Followed by speakers and sub-woofer. Can't enjoy it unless it sounds amazing!

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
My most important would be the speakers... Of couse, Cant do much without them.

But my most favorite purchase has been my amps. :D

C

cowboy2006

Enthusiast
It's got to be the Sony WEGA television.

I've owned it 6 years now and I still love the picture. I dealt without a superior audio system until this last summer. Clearly my Paradigm speakers and Yamaha receiver have brought a whole new level of enjoyment to my entertainment experience, but if I'm looking at a crappy picture I become nearly suicidal.

It's got to be the television!

T

tlqualman

Audioholic Intern
my speakers

My speakers are the most important part of my system. (PBN Audio) Montana SPX's. They are the end of the chain and if they can't reproduce everything fed to them then whats the use of having better components upstream?

D

dbpolk

Enthusiast
It has to be my projector because it has the most impact upon the audience. 2nd are the speakers and the sound

S

snock

Audiophyte
The most important to me is a subwoofer. Important because it is the most fun to evaluate and upgrade.

M

moegid

Audiophyte
Contest Question: What is the most important piece of equipment in your system and why?

Receiver for sure - the heart and lifeblood of the system. Even if you have great speakers, if your receiver output is crap, you're going to get crap out of your speakers. Unfortunately for me, my receiver output is crap.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Contest Question: What is the most important piece of equipment in your system and why?

Contest Answer: Same here. It's my receiver, cos I like the idea of hooking absolutely everything to it. It's like the nerve centre of the entire operation. I wish I had a better one, one with HDMI inputs/outputs, but that'll have to wait a while. My receiver output is fine, but a new one would make me one happy camper!

cheers,
supervij

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
most definitely my brand new speakers. i'm gradually upgrading my entire system, starting with the speakers. so while they're being held back by upstream shortcomings, they are the strongest link in the chain.

that, and i generally consider speakers to be the single most important element of a good audio setup.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
My first thought was the sub. But then I thought about the projector. Still many here say their receiver. In the end, I'll have to say it's my cable box/DVR. I watch many hours of TV. Some live, some recorded. When I'm not watching, I'm listening to the digital music stations. It beats the flying figs out of radio and you can olny listen to the same CD's so many times. So, put me down for the DVR.

M

mdy

Enthusiast

My speakers are the most important part of my entertainment system. I enjoy watching movies in my home theater and sound plays a huge part in that experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis