Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What is the most important piece of equipment in your system and why?

Note this contest ends on October 31st 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Primary Component

The most important piece of equipment in my system is probably my television. That's because I only have one of them, and it would be expensive to replace. My speakers would be a close second. My receiver is the backbone of my system (I use it to switch audio/video sources), but I have two of them.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
My receiver. It's the heart of the system, and all the other components are useless without it.

G

GaminGeer

Audiophyte
Receiver is probably my #1 for importance. It's not the best, but without it the speakers are useless, which means no sound for video, which is then useless, and so on...

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
My receiver is the heart and soul of my HT set-up

N

nhpm510

Audioholic
The most important piece: the owner

Make the owner's pre-amp/amp, simple, affordable and sound great (with integrated HDMI of course!)

Simple enough for the wife to operate, and tweakable enough for techno-geek husbands to play with the 5 "off days" a month! :D

D

Dank

Audioholic Intern
The most important piece in my system is my television. I try to convince myself that audio is the most important thing, but realize that listening to music takes a backseat to watching movies and cable on a big screen.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Reciever...

...my reciever is the most important to me. Simply because it is the center of my system around which all functions orbit, both audio and video.

Jack

C

chronos56

Audioholic Intern
Most important equipment

My first thought was my main speakers. They are a pair of classic ESS Heils that would be nearly impossible to replace, though I think the Mini's might be able to do it.

My Harmony 880 might be a close second, the best remote I have ever used. Seriously, this makes the remote juggle a thing of the past. Highly recommended.

Receivers, TV's, DVD players etc.. are in constant flux, new better items are always being introduced and upgrading takes on an "every several years" cycle. If something breaks, just about anything you buy to replace it will be better. Oh yes, I recommend that you don't buy very expensive AV furniture, it always seems to need replacement every time you upgrade your TV.

What becomes your most important piece of equipment, in the end, is your ears, eyes and brain. All of this stuff that we buy and lavish many hours over tweaking, playing, listening to, etc. is there to recreate the best sounds and images to entertain our brain. Without our health, and properly functioning senses then all of our precious equipment becomes so much junk.

Protect your ears, use hearing protection when using loud equipment. Use eye protection when appropriate. Keep your kids from killing their ears with their Ipods. Simple precautions will help you to enjoy your equipment for decades to come.

Jim

Matt34

Matt34

I'd have to say my sub. My system is used for movies 90% of the time and it wouldn't be the "experience" with out a decent one. I'm a basshead which probably explains why I'm going to have "twins".:D

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
A/V Equipment

My main speakers, Onix Ref 1's are a critical component of my sound system and I enjoy them on a daily basis.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
its not my sub. because my mains will play in the low 30's
its not my mains because my rear surrounds moved up front with sub would be fine
its not my tv because i could move the 42" bedroom tv to main system and still be ok
so it must be my recvr because with out it i'm using the tv speakers or my klh stereo recvr from the garage

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
My 61" DLP HDTV is the most importaint part of my HT. Second is a good subwoofer with deep extension.

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
My receiver is probably the most important piece in my circumstance. I just came to this conclusion a few days ago when it died on me. Since I have all my audio routed through it, I was stuck. No TV, no DVD, no CD, no radio even.

I had been meaning to pick up a used receiver from the classified postings on one or another forum just so I'd have a backup in case this happened, but I thought I had more time. (Doesn't everybody?)

Anyway, faced with a long quiet weekend, I was forced to buy a new receiver locally so I do have a backup, now. I bought a relatively cheap unit, but with all the features I need to operate temporarily.

richeydog

richeydog

Audioholic Intern
I would say that my speakers are the most important part of my system. Having found a set of speakers(Rocket 750's) that are not tiresome on my ears has made it enjoyable to listen to music again. :)

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
What is the most important piece of equipment in your system and why?

it will soon be my new Rega speakers. if i win this, it will be my Onix CDP.

Loner

Loner

Audioholic Intern
Most important piece of equipment: Speakers.........lookin' to replace with Ref 3's.

Why: The receiver may be the heart of a system but the speakers are the voice of it.....quite literally. They define your musical beliefs.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
The most important piece is my receiver. This is because it performs so many purposes. It provides power, signal switching, tuner, conditioning, etc, etc...

B

BobBart

Audioholic
My most important piece are my speakers. Without them I couldn't hear a thing.

C

cleansparks

Enthusiast
It depends on what you mean by important. From a cost perspective, I'd have to say the main speakers. A good set of speakers is something you will be able to enjoy for a really long time, so that is where I would want to focus on spending my money. Sonically, the speakers also have the largest impact on the system.

Most of the other components while important are generally things that don't hold their value terribly well and the technology is always changing so there tends to be a cycle of replacement especially when dealing with the electronics. A good amp is somewhat of an exception since you can use for a pretty long time, but it makes less of a difference sonically than changing speakers.

If I had a second choice it would be a good subwoofer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis