Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
The speakers. Usually changing the equipment in the system has much smaller effect on the difference of sound coming out of your system compared to changing the speakers. So if were to puchase a new system, I would start with the speakers.

G

garence

Audiophyte
Speakers are the most important part of my system. Looking to upgrade in near future.
:)

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
My receiver. I was trying to decode the sound from OTA HD with the onboard audio on my computer motherboard. But the sound would drop out from time to time. I decided it was time for a receiver and the decoding has been rock solid ever since.

$

$ithr32

Enthusiast
My most important piece of equipment is ...

my Xbox 360. My fiance and I love to watch movies on it and play video games on our LG 30" CRT HDTV. I'm in the process of building a surround sound system so we can enjoy or movies and games more, then the speakers will be my most important equipment!

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
most important part would definately be the tv. without a tv i wouldnt have anything.

next would be the receiver, then the center channel.

coolest part of my system is definately the tactile transducer couch vibrators by crowsontech.

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
Definitely the speakers...particularly the L & R fronts. Most of our use is 2-channel stereo, so those speakers (Studio 100 v3) are always in use. I think that the difference that you can hear by spending extra money on speakers is more noticeable than spending extra money on an AVR, amp, etc. I'm certainly not saying that there isn't an improvement by spending more money on those electronics, but the cash-to-noticeable-improvement ratio I think is greater with speakers. Just my opinion...

J.

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
For me: the TV. Most of my time with my system revolves around the video, as my habits are 80% movies/cable/gaming, and 20% music.

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
My Receiver

My receiver. Without its power, signal processing, switching and connectivity all else would simply become expensive paper weights. It also plays a very important role in delivering the proper amount of power and clairity for speakers that demand to be driven hard.

V

Vart

Audioholic
I have to go with my TV as the most important piece. If I didn't have it the rest of my system wouldn't get much use. I rarely use my living room system to listen to music.

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
I'd say currently my receiver, it is the cetral hub for everything.

Steve

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I am going to go with speakers. They have been the single biggest improvement in my system. It is also the easiest way to improve your SQ without major electronics changes.

fatroz

fatroz

Audioholic Intern
reciever

At this point my reciever is the most important part of my system. Mostly because is was the most expensive part of my system...so far.:)

T

tdubnrae

Enthusiast
Speakers are my most important part. They have the greatest influence in the sound of a system. They also have the greatest variance in price and quality (both percieved and actual).

Thanks,

Tony

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Old eyesight and hearing reduce all system elements inferior to the importance of the large-screen TV!

sbader2

sbader2

Junior Audioholic
I think that the speakers are the most important part.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
FL & FR Speakers. Get the right ones in the right room(even with a cheap receiver and source) and a well recorded peice of music will make you happy.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
What is the most important piece of equipment in your system and why?

My TV is the most important to me. I have a Panasonic plasma that is the most expensive and the newest part of my system. I can even live with the built-in audio for most TV shows (not movies). I say it is the most important because for the other parts (speakers, reciever, DVD, cables, etc.), I wouldn't be terribly upset to see them break, and be able to purchase an upgrade.

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
I would have to say my tv. Picture quality if number 1.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
The most important piece is my speakers. I enjoy several types of music, so the speakers must be able to sound great with all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis