Enter to Win: 10-Outlet Surge Suppressor from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gulmer

Enthusiast
Panamax Max 500 DBS , which has EMI and RFI filters and line conditioning. Conditioning and filtering is important, to clean up the dirty electicity coming in from my supplier, also, protection from under voltage, which this unit has.

J

JTBAOLSON

Audiophyte
Contest Questions: What kind of surge protection do you currently utilize in your system? Does your surge protector also condition and filter power? Is this a feature you feel is important? Under what conditions would you consider power conditioning/filtering?

I have no surge protection, no power filter. I clearly need to win this contest. I haven't given this topic much of a thought. Not yet, anyway.

P

project86

Audioholic
I use a fairly cheap APC brand UPS device, because I got it on sale for very cheap. It does some very very minor conditioning if I'm not mistaken. I don't feel that it is all that important to my current setup, but if I had something a bit nicer I would be more concerned. The area where I live seems to be fairly stable with the power.

G

gonar

Enthusiast
What kind of surge protection do you currently utilize in your system?
the World's Cheapest Power Strip (tm)... whatevve power strip came out of my junk pile when setting up my HT :(

Does your surge protector also condition and filter power?
No :(

Is this a feature you feel is important?
yes!

Under what conditions would you consider power conditioning/filtering?
When I can afford it. ( I can't really afford not to have it either, but it was a choice between having speakers at all or having power conditioning for my receiver...(Athena AS series purchased closeout on ebay))

C

cleansparks

Enthusiast
Contest Questions: What kind of surge protection do you currently utilize in your system? Does your surge protector also condition and filter power? Is this a feature you feel is important? Under what conditions would you consider power conditioning/filtering?

Tripp Lite HT10DBS

It does do noise filtering. I think it is somewhat important, but it depends on how nice of equipment you have. I think I would have to significantly upgrade my system to move to something nicer. For reference, I have about $5000 in audio equipment and maybe another $1500 in video equipment in my a/v system.

I think once you have a complete system, a surge protector/conditioner is a good idea. How expensive you go obviously depends on your setup. If I am running a $100 receiver and $200 speakers, I'm probably not spending too much here.

My display is a front projector and I like to run this off of a UPS. The audio stuff will never touch a UPS, but if there is a power outage while the projector bulb is cooling down, that is very bad for bulb life. So in this case I think a UPS is a smart move. I like to use an APC Smart-UPS here because of the square waves.

Last edited:
Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
UPC that I got from a server room :)
filters and conditions yes
yes i feel this is an importatnt feature
when voltage issues start to get reported consistatnly

O

oachalon

Audiophyte

I use a $10 one i bought from Lowes. Dont remember the name of it cause its cheap

No

yes!

I would consider power conditioning/filtering when someone can truely demonstrate to me that it makes a difference.

S

squid413

Audiophyte

I currently utilize a Dynex surge protector with does not condition and filter power. The filtering and conditioning of power I feel is important in certain areas. I am currently in a dorm where power is shady. Appliances do not run at full power and the circuits get overloaded at times. I would always consider conditioning and filtering because it can always help and never hurt.

tonay

tonay

Junior Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away a 10-Outlet Surge Suppressor valued at $99.99 to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Note this contest ends on December 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
I currently use a trip lite Isobar. It is supposed to have filters on some of the outlets. I think the filters are most important for the monitor and receiver as I found prior to my current device I'd sometimes get crackles or snow turning things on and off.

Last edited by a moderator:
wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
Yes i use power strips
Monster on my main room
AR in my bedroom
Belkin on my 5.1 system
Monster on my Puter .
Do not use a conditioner on my Bryston 4b
Would like to try I.A. conditioner and try on my 5.1 replacing the cheaper Belkin or the Monster in main room setup .

thanks wire

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am using an Acoustic Research 10 outlet protector.
IIRC it offers some sort of power filtering, but no conditioning.
I think filtering/conditioning can be an important aspect, power surges are not uncommon where I live.
I've been giving serious consideration to power conditioning lately, I'ts something I will add in the next year to my system. Currently my budget just doesn't allow for it.

Merrry Christmas

Jack

T

TJWillie

Enthusiast
Do we have a winner?

None. I'm building a new HT system in a new attic.

Again, None. Project is still under construction.

Yes. I NEED it bad!

I know I need it, and I hope I win one with this post.

Thanks,
TJ

F

Fratt70

Enthusiast
I use a belkin and I have no idea about conditioning and filtering, I live in FL with lots of lightning so I need a surge protector.

B

BobKat

Audiophyte
Answers

Monster HTS1000, Panamax 1000+

No

Somewhat

Etreme variations in incoming power

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i use cheap pieces of crap surge protectors that are over 15 years old.

it does not filter or condition power.

i dont find it necessary really. id go ahead and buy the belkins with $100,000 warranty

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
I have an old Monster surge protector

No

Yes

I am looking for a new one as the rest of my system is being upgraded

R

robemyers

Audiophyte
Surge protection

A Belkin unit

No

Yes

I'm considering it now

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
What kind of surge protection do you currently utilize in your system? I use a surge protector, but I am not sure what kind it is.

Does your surge protector also condition and filter power? I don't know.

Is this a feature you feel is important? I'm an unaware of the benefits.

Under what conditions would you consider power conditioning/filtering? Again, I'm unaware of when this would be a benefit.

G

goodhiccup

Audiophyte
Currently I am using an RCA surge protector. Not the cheapest one, but definitely not expensive. It does not condition.

Since I've upgraded some of my equipment, I am beginning to notice clarity differences due to my power source. I would love to upgrade to something better, but it is not currently in my budget.

B

bjd154

Audiophyte
bjd154

I just bought a 3000.00 LCD HD television. I am new at this and I would like advise and know what I should buy. The salesman say to buy a monster clean power system mk series. Its alot of money and I don't know if it is necessary. I would love to win this surge supressor and also get some good advise on what is really necessary for protection of my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis