Emotiva vs Outlaw audio

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
It amazes me that Monoprice has these great 9Ch and 11Ch Amps for HT/Atmos, but ATI doesn’t offer any 9Ch or 11Ch amps like these.

Yet, ATI makes these amps for Monoprice?
Monoprice is a much better at consumer direct support.
I have had several ATI support requests without response until a certain person was included in the CC ;)

- Rich

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have yet to find a "light" multi-ch amp that measures better than ones with traditional linear PS and class AB topology. Agreed that Class D and switchers have come a long way though. The Emotiva Gen3 don't measure so great from what I've seen in Stereophile and THX test reports. Hopefully they can continue to refine them as I really miss the old XPR series.
On the weight issue, I would be inclined to simply "break apart" the amps.
If I was looking for 11 channels of amplification, I would be inclined to get a Monolith 3 ($1100 and 57 pounds) and two Outlaw 5000's ($650/ea. and 50 pounds/ea.). Total $2400 and max lift of 57 pounds. The Monolith 11x is $2500 and 93 pounds.
Of course, my lifting 57 pounds is probably equivalent to your lifting 93 pounds, LOL.
However, I am wondering if there is a compelling reason (capability) to go with the 11x over splitting it into three amps as I suggest. Obviously space allowance favors the 11x!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have yet to find a "light" multi-ch amp that measures better than ones with traditional linear PS and class AB topology. Agreed that Class D and switchers have come a long way though. The Emotiva Gen3 don't measure so great from what I've seen in Stereophile and THX test reports. Hopefully they can continue to refine them as I really miss the old XPR series.
If you're looking for light weight amplifiers with excellent specs and THX approved, the QSC Digital Cinema series amps models DCA 1222 and DCA 1622 would meet the requirement. They use a switching power supply and operate in Class AB.

https://www.qsc.com/cinema/products/power-amplifiers/dca-series/

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I suspected that. :)
Yeah, me too.

I love checking out your links to pro audio myself tho. I don't play in that realm so I'm not familiar with the equipment. The QSC's do look cool. They're aesthetically pleasing enough for my tastes and even look like they pack a serious punch.

*Edit: That DCA 3422... phew.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Monolith 11x is $2500 and 93 pounds.
Those big metal front handles on some of the ATI can make a good difference in lifting.

When I sold my AT3005 (which is like 100 LBS), those big metal handles helped a lot.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I didn’t realize Monolith 11x was 200x3 and 8x100. I haven’t seen that configuration before.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder if Outlaw will do another sale at Labor Day. I would like to get a few 2200 monoblocks. :)
I’d think they go on sale by Christmas like they did last year. Stay tuned in. I think they are worth it! :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, me too.

I love checking out your links to pro audio myself tho. I don't play in that realm so I'm not familiar with the equipment. The QSC's do look cool. They're aesthetically pleasing enough for my tastes and even look like they pack a serious punch.

*Edit: That DCA 3422... phew.
They also have good distortion numbers like the regular class AB amps, but they (at least the1222/1622) are class AB lol..

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I wonder if Outlaw will do another sale at Labor Day. I would like to get a few 2200 monoblocks. :)
Better hope nothing happens to it because Outlaw has one of worse technical support divisions in the industry.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Better hope nothing happens to it because Outlaw has one of worse technical support divisions in the industry.
Do you have a source on that?
They have been pretty good with me, but I am just a sample of one!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I don’t currently have any Outlaw amps so I’m probably safe.....for now. :)

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Do you have a source on that?
They have been pretty good with me, but I am just a sample of one!
They don't even have a number to call to get technical support for real time answers to questions or issues you might have with one of their products.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis