Emotiva vs Outlaw audio

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
They don't even have a number to call to get technical support for real time answers to questions or issues you might have with one of their products.
I Googled OUtlaw Audio Tech Support and got the following list of numbers:
Telephone (866) OUTLAWS
Fax (866) OUTLAW9
Tech Support (866) OUTLAW2

But it is clear that they prefer email.
I don't see that as a deal breaker! If they want to manage tech support via email, I can see plenty of reasons to prefer that.
I don't know if you are an auditor or in what capacity, but I would think you would appreciate that email provides an excellent system for documenting and tracking support cases.
It also frees Outlaw from attempting to have expertise in all areas at all times. I'm sure they have an "email receptionist" who sorts and forwards email most likely based on product - such as Pre pro questions go to Jane and subwoofer queries go to Di¢k (calm down @Danzilla31 , it is just a name!).
Now, if once it gets routed, you get incompetent support, that would be a problem, but I'd rather have to wait another day and get the right answers than have to deal on the phone with some poor bloke who is tasked with providing tech support, but really doesn't have insight into the specifics of every product they sell.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have received support form Marantz, Outlaw, and Emotiva and had hardware issues resolved.

- Rich

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There was one poster awhile back who had a problem with Outlaw, but it turned out their complaints were ungrounded and they were not acting in good faith. In my experience, Outlaw has very good customer support. If I were to buy an outboard amplifier, they might be my first choice.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
There was one poster awhile back who had a problem with Outlaw, but it turned out their complaints were ungrounded and they were not acting in good faith. In my experience, Outlaw has very good customer support. If I were to buy an outboard amplifier, they might be my first choice.
The amps made by ATI will be serviceable. I am not sure about the others.
That is a huge selling point for Monoprice as well. I have had very good experiences with their support as well.

- Rich

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Telephone (866) OUTLAWS
Fax (866) OUTLAW9

I don't see that as a deal breaker! If they want to manage tech support via email, I can see plenty of reasons to prefer that.
I don't know if you are an auditor or in what capacity, but I would think you would appreciate that email provides an excellent system for documenting and tracking support cases.
It also frees Outlaw from attempting to have expertise in all areas at all times. I'm sure they have an "email receptionist" who sorts and forwards email most likely based on product - such as Pre pro questions go to Jane and subwoofer queries go to Di¢k (calm down @Danzilla31 , it is just a name!).
Now, if once it gets routed, you get incompetent support, that would be a problem, but I'd rather have to wait another day and get the right answers than have to deal on the phone with some poor bloke who is tasked with providing tech support, but really doesn't have insight into the specifics of every product they sell.
Damn Kew you had me at subwoofer and D$CK :eek:o_O:D

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Telephone (866) OUTLAWS
Fax (866) OUTLAW9

Well thank you for that number because I couldn't find it. I will try to call them. BTW, this is what I saw on their support page.

Other Ways to Contact the Outlaws

Mailing address:
Outlaw Audio
P.O. Box 975
Easton, MA 02334

Telephone:
To Place an Order and to Inquire About an Existing Order:
866-OUTLAWS (688-5297)

For Pre-Sales Questions:
866-OUTLAWA (688-5292)

https://www.outlawaudio.com/support/index.html

The technical support number should be displayed on their support page. I shouldn't have to Google. That shows me that they don't really want to deal with their customers who purchase their products that might have some issues. That is the same thing I see more and more companies doing. Trying to stash or hide their contact number, Amazon and Microsoft does the same thing. I have to Google to get Amazon customer service number because its hard to find on their site where it should be. Customer support and care with many companies today is going down the drain, its just poor.

Many of these companies can learn something from SVS, their customer support blows Outlaw and most companies away. Outlaw is basically on bankers hours, with that dumb messing systems they have set up to deal with their customer issues and complaints.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well I disagree that this is a poor solution to tech support.
The above link has you open a tech support ticket!
Are you really an auditor? This ticket populates the initial fields in a database and provides a traceable and documented system such that if Joe gets hit by a train (God forbid),Linda can take over his support tickets and follow through. Each of these tickets gets a unique sequential number such that Outlaw has a account of the status of each issue and can look at their log to see if there are outstanding (unresolved) tickets and if so, they can review the ticket to determine why.
Maybe it is because I worked at a nuclear plant where you can't afford to have anything fall through the cracks (and the project is too gargantuan to otherwise keep track of everything),but a system like this is crucial to ensuring issues are dealt with and having a history of those issues which can be used to identify trends and recurring problems!
I don't know if you have worked with Databases very often, but they allow you to group information in different ways so as to better understand the nature of your support issues (in this case)!
Probably more importantly, they offer a high degree of transparency so everyone handling these tickets knows what is happening with each one.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Emotiva is pretty good.
Obviously you missed this bit of discussion:
That just sounds stupid how Emotiva would not repair their own amp.
They won't repair any of their OWN amps if the warranty period is over? :eek:
It was stupid TBH. Based on this experience, and the fact I haven't had a single Emotiva product last more than 5 years that I've owned, it saddens me to say that I won't be reviewing or recommending their gear anymore on this website. I hope they re-evaluate their out of warranty service to their customers in the future.
Link to thread. Above starts at Post #41.
https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/emotiva-xmc-2.115575/page-3#post-1336497

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Rails:
===================================================

This conversation:

X(here)

:p

:cool:

BTW, @Pogre , the quickest way to end that call... just let him listen to you unplugging the ports!

:eek::oops:o_O

:p

Sorry @Danzilla31 , couldn't pass that up. No way, no how. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis