Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
PROS: Crisp clear dialogue.
Great off axis response.
Easy to drive.
Excellent build quality.

CONS: N/A

I have had the Emotiva C1+ for about two years now, and absolutely love it. Due to the design of my entertainment center the position of the center channel speaker is relegated to above our 65” TV. Before I had the Emotiva center channel speaker, with other center channel speakers the dialogue sounded like it was coming from a height channel speaker. The Emotiva C1+ center channel speaker has excellent vertical off axis response. The dialogue sounds as if it is emanating from the center of the TV. Dialogue is crisp and clear without having to crank up the speaker level volume on my AVR.
The Emotiva C1+ has an excellent build quality, It has a magnetic and dual five way binding posts. The C1+ is very easy to drive. I am currently powering it with my Marantz SR-5015 AVR and it is getting plenty of power. Since the Emotivs C1+ is not picky about vertical placement it saved me the expense of buying a different entertainment center.

Specifications: Height: 7 3/4 inches.
Width: 20 1/2 inches
Depth: 8 1/4 inches.
Sensitivity: 89dB.
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms.
Frequency Response: 50Hz-28kHz.
High Frequency Driver: 25 X 32mm folded ribbon tweeter.
Midrange Driver: three inch woven fiber cone.
Low Frequency Driver: 5 1/4 woven fiber cone X 2.
Weight: 18.6 lbs.
Price: 299 USD.
www.emotiva.com.
D230CDD4-126C-4B80-9786-FABF58EE230C.jpeg
37D1213A-6082-4D7A-AA90-FB22814B1F50.jpeg

K

kini

Full Audioholic
"The Emotiva C1+ center channel speaker has excellent vertical off axis response." Hmmmm...
1653582648920.png

VS the Kef Q250C
1653582735491.png

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
"The Emotiva C1+ center channel speaker has excellent vertical off axis response." Hmmmm...
View attachment 56278

VS the Kef Q250C
View attachment 56279
To be fair, its not bad vertical dispersion. Most users will be setting it under their display, and there the Emotiva center gives you at least 20 degrees of smooth response above the tweeter, which is where you would want it the most. There isn't anything really wrong with its vertical dispersion unless you were to mount the speaker above the display.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There isn't anything really wrong with its vertical dispersion unless you were to mount the speaker above the display.
I think that was Kini's point, as that is exactly where that Speaker got placed; tucked into a cubby above the display. :(
Good thing it's not too early to start drinkin! :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis