The Versatile Aperion Audio Novus N5B Bookshelf Speaker.

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
Price: 599 USD Pair.
Pros: Excellent sound quality.
Easy to power.
Not picky about placement.
Excellent build quality.
Excellent fit and finish.

Cons: None so far.

First the reason I put versatile in the title. I used the Aperion Audio Novus N5B bookshelf speakers as mains, one as a center channel, as Dolby Atmos height speakers, and as surround speakers in a 5.1.2 configuration. In each application the Novus N5 performed in stellar fashion.
Music: For music listening I streamed Amazon Music HD FLAC 24bit 96kHz and 24bit 192kHz via my iPhone to my Marantz SR-5015 AVR, which is in turn connected to an ADCOM GFA-5400 amplifier. I played both instrumental music and music with vocals. Highs were open and clear, never harsh or overly bright. Midrange was very detailed. Bass was tight and punchy. The soundstage was very well defined, and had excellent vertical extension. Center imaging was very detailed. Vocals and instrumental solos were crisp and clear.
Movies: For movie evaluation I used chapter 5 of Godzilla Vs Kong, and the beginning six minutes of Mad Max Fury Road both 4K discs. As mains the Novus N5B speakers had no problem handling the powerful soundtracks. The N5B’s front baffle is sloped slightly inward from the top this aims the the 5.25 inch Aramid fiber cone driver slightly upward towards the listening position. This works excellent for bringing explosive energy to the viewing position.As a center channel the Novus N5B delivered crisp clear dialogue. Used as surround speakers the N5B have excellent vertical and horizontal extension and the really opens up the rear channel information. When I used the Novus N5B speakers as Atmos height speakers I placed them inverted on the top of my entertainment center. This sloped the driver slightly down towards the listening position. This really brought out the best in the height channel information. I had missiles flying right over my head!
All in all I find the Aperion Audio Novus N5B Bookshelf Speakers to be great bang for the buck!
6E1FF755-9DD4-4530-A5E9-DB1FCAEF4BF7.jpeg
A835836A-080C-4526-9993-E9C1E24FF112.jpeg
83AAD834-9EAE-4BBD-B522-3421A677C146.jpeg

D

doctors11

Enthusiast
Were you able to take any sound measurements while you had these? How do you think they'd work on a desktop?

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
Were you able to take any sound measurements while you had these? How do you think they'd work on a desktop?
I am sorry I did not take any measurements. I liked them as desktop/near field monitors.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis