cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Yep. Ya gotta pay to play!
Street outlaws is at Brainerd intl raceway(home) this weekend. I couldn’t make it but my buddy said it was pretty awesome. Maybe next year. I greet up at BIR. Watching garlits and kalitta, prudhomme, Bernstein etc.
Street outlaws is ok,. But I hate 1/8mi racing.
Big Daddy lives right outside my home town. If you ever get a chance to go into his museum , do it. He's around about 90% of the time and very accessible. But the guys getting old at 92, so nobody knows whats going to happens to his museum when he passes.

Yep 1/8 mile sucks..But I understand the reasons for it high speed. I guess next it will be the 1/16 mile:D

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
FULLERTON, Calif. -- A Tesla that was in self-driving mode plowed into a police cruiser in Fullerton, California while the officer was investigating a deadly crash. The incident happened Wednesday night at the intersection of W. Orangethorpe and Courtney avenues.6 days ago

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Blind spot warning system is a necessity on Camaros. The track oriented specs are quite capable.
That's why I want one. My buddy had a ZL1 for a bit and liked it, but he's a Corvette guy so he'll eventually grab a C8 of some sort.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yep I hear ya. A LS7 although now discontented by GM can still be had from engine builders like LS Engines Kings in Melbourne Fla, 427,625 HP among other builders for about $20k and UP with crazy HP and Torque numbers. OF course with crazy HP #'s come $$$
Don't they still sell the LSX motor? That's based on the LS7 IIRC. My father in law's neighbor put one in his truck. It sounded mean.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
FULLERTON, Calif. -- A Tesla that was in self-driving mode plowed into a police cruiser in Fullerton, California while the officer was investigating a deadly crash. The incident happened Wednesday night at the intersection of W. Orangethorpe and Courtney avenues.6 days ago
Where was the driver? Absent?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Don't they still sell the LSX motor? That's based on the LS7 IIRC. My father in law's neighbor put one in his truck. It sounded mean.
They still offer the LSX. LSX has a cast-iron block ( race engine) , it handles a lot more power than a LS7.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Pretty sure they didn’t imaging this engine compartment for it! Lol. Scrolling through power tour pics and saw it.
Also funny, this is the EV thread…lmao.

highfigh

highfigh

My next move will be an efi bolt on system. LS7 wouldn’t hurt my feelings but times aren’t great right now lol. IMO, marine engines don’t translate to street use. Low compression, with cam profiles made for a completely different purpose just seem like more of a PITA than just using something suitable. I know HF posted it but don’t have time for multi quote lol.
The marine engine's I'm referring to are made for tournament ski boats- wake boats would work, general marine aren't really made for performance unless by design. I have seen car mags with a few marine engines in the cars- one was an LTR, which was MasterCraft's second multi-port engine, after the LT-1. IIRC, that was in a late-'60s Oldsmobile. 330HP and a good amount of torque.

1719237661421.png
1719237661421.png

highfigh

highfigh

Yep. Ya gotta pay to play!
Street outlaws is at Brainerd intl raceway(home) this weekend. I couldn’t make it but my buddy said it was pretty awesome. Maybe next year. I greet up at BIR. Watching garlits and kalitta, prudhomme, Bernstein etc.
Street outlaws is ok,. But I hate 1/8mi racing.
But it's still pretty cool to see a car reach 341 MPH on such a short strip- Bob Tasca did that earlier this year.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Plenty of videos with Evos, Turbo Civics, and sleeper STIs beating GTRs and Model S Plaids :) Dude at our last Subaru car show before Covid had a 1300HP WRX, but it was powered by a turbo 2JZ Toyota motor (former Supra).

EVs have one big penalty = weight. Even if you put that weight low, it still hurts performance no matter.

However not ALL EVs are just fast in a straight line:
I would have sh!t my pants riding in the car with him.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis