Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Happy early birthday to your wife Chris ! I went to the race in '19 and while I checked Sebring off my bucket list I have little desire to go back. It was an easy 1 hour drive to within 1 mile of the track but another hour to get in and parked !!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Happy early birthday to your wife Chris ! I went to the race in '19 and while I checked Sebring off my bucket list I have little desire to go back. It was an easy 1 hour drive to within 1 mile of the track but another hour to get in and parked !!
One thing about Sebring, the sun is always hot and the dust is readily available I've only been 3 times but that was back in the days when Brumos Racing was doing its thing.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
One thing about Sebring, the sun is always hot and the dust is readily available I've only been 3 times but that was back in the days when Brumos Racing was doing its thing.
yep, not only 'hot' but few areas for relief !

N

nicoleise

Junior Audioholic
Translation: Volvo Cars, owned by Geely (82 %), sells their part of Polestar (49,5 %) to Geely. In other words, rather than owning Polestar through a sub-company (Volvo Cars), Geely will own Polestar directly.

It'll keep the lawyers and accounting busy, no doubt, but I think the World as a whole can safely continue to spin regardless. :D It's impressive, the lenght they've gone to, to lend some European or rather Swedish credibility to their Chineese auto brand. And it's incredible that it works - not just with consumers but with a great part of the professional press and media.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It´s only crazies that consider buying non-ev new cars in Norway

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
thanks Haraldo, interesting to hear the same complaints being voiced over there regarding charging outside of ones own home

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
thanks Haraldo, interesting to hear the same complaints being voiced over there regarding charging outside of ones own home
Yeah, but maybe even greater challenge is the grid itself, when 85% of car sales is EV, there are lots of chargings, which can bring power grid to its knees :rolleyes:
Any pics of electrics on fire? :p
Good point and if batteries should catch fire ....
that's a very scary scenario.... better get out fast!

I haven't seen this

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The ironic thing about EV success and Norway is how little their population is and the size of the country. Heck, we have a dog sled race in this country that's as long as the longest drive(I believe about 1100 miles) over there !

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Set it on fire at a walmart, problem solved
LOL...

I have watched a few videos on the Ionic 5 saga and it's not so much that the car is bad but that the support is not yet there. It was a simple matter of trying to determine whether there was any damage underneath from flying stones. The dealerships were not trained to perform a diagnostic that they were willing to sign off on, so rather than say it was ok and have possible liability, they quoted replacing the entire battery pack. The manufacturer was even worse in that they not only failed to provide proper training to diagnose such potential issues, they quote the mantra of "independent dealers" and wash their hands of it. Shameful on both parts.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
LOL...

I have watched a few videos on the Ionic 5 saga and it's not so much that the car is bad but that the support is not yet there. It was a simple matter of trying to determine whether there was any damage underneath from flying stones. The dealerships were not trained to perform a diagnostic that they were willing to sign off on, so rather than say it was ok and have possible liability, they quoted replacing the entire battery pack. The manufacturer was even worse in that they not only failed to provide proper training to diagnose such potential issues, they quote the mantra of "independent dealers" and wash their hands of it. Shameful on both parts.
Sounds like a big EV issue where the only real support you have is the manufacturer not the dealer and at times, that's not enough if you don't get the right manufacturer tech group..

Oh this is interesting Tesla Model S insurance rates. When we had ours its was $5670, now in FLA over $7 k https://www.forbes.com/advisor/car-insurance/vehicles/tesla/model-s/

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis